Bento Hands and Extra Long Sleeves?

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

I recently bought a coat/sweater combo outfit that features, as so many sweaters seem to these days, extra-long sleeves.'

The problem is that my Slink Bento hands poke through the sleeves, something I've noticed also happens on other sweaters/shirts that use this fashion that I've demo'ed. Resizing my hands doesn't seem to do any good, as the sleeve itself expands and contracts with the hands.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to have this problem. How is it  solved?

Thanks in advance, O Knowledgeable Ones!

Bento Hand Problems.JPG

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've zero familiarity with mesh avatars and clothing, but shouldn't there be an alpha for the hands that makes any potential protruding bit invisible?

I can check again, but I'm pretty sure the alpha cuts don't cover the hands. I can render the hands invisible using the HUD, but not fine tune which parts show.

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I can check again, but I'm pretty sure the alpha cuts don't cover the hands. I can render the hands invisible using the HUD, but not fine tune which parts show.

Maitreya's: No

Slink's: No idea

Vista's: many sections

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Just now, Fionalein said:

Maitreya's: No

Vista's: many sections

I've using a Vista AO, but can't see anything that specifically locks the hands, stops the animations, or renders any of it invisible.

The Slink HUD allows me to hide the wrists, but here it's major portions of the hand itself that are showing.

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've using a Vista AO, but can't see anything that specifically locks the hands, stops the animations, or renders any of it invisible.

The Slink HUD allows me to hide the wrists, but here it's major portions of the hand itself that are showing.

not AO but mesh hands: Vista's hands have several sections, good to see Slink at least has two per hand then (that is double as many as Mai then)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

not AO but mesh hands: Vista's hands have several sections, good to see Slink at least has two per hand then (that is double as many as Mai then)

I suppose an option is to remove the hands, and show system hands? I need to check if there is a layer that can do that.

ETA. I can use a combination of alpha layers, I guess, to hide all but hands, and just show system hands. Seems awfully clumsy though.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

the sleeves may have been rigged for the Slink classic hands. Not the Slink bento hands.  I have a similar issue with pretty much most of my hand jewels which I got prior to bento. The classic hands should be in your Slink folder. Try them and see if this is the case

edit: What DemeraraGirl said :)

Edited by ellestones
  • Thanks 1

Funnily enough I unpacked a jumper yesterday with long sleeves. There are two jumpers for each body type, but one of each is 'locked' and from memory this stops hand movement and synchs with the sleeves. I can't get in world right now but when I do I'll check it out and report back. 

It's the ISON Bailey Cowl  Wrap Top........................

This is what it says, so not a hand lock as I thought!

Thank you for purchasing the "bailey cowl wrap top". This item has an animation lock on the arms to maintain the look and shape of the sweater. If its not showing up for you, please remove and re-attach the sweater on.

There's also a //no lock// version included.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.