Simplest Unpacker! ::: SCRIPT HELP :::

MIVIMEX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I'm trying to create a simple unpacker giving all content to the owner on rez and self-deleting. I have reviewed a bunch of scripts but they are all very difficult for a beginner. Please tell me how to start and where to go? that's what i have for now but it dont work... thanks for any help!

{
    on_rez(integer start_param)
    {     
       llGiveInventory(llGetOwner(), llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_OBJECT));
       llDie;
    }
}

Edited by MIVIMEX

The problem is that llGiveInventory takes a string as it's second parameter, not an integer. And that string is the name of the inventory item to give. What you'll need to do is using llGetInventoryNumber, and llGetInventoryName, compile a list of the inventory items and then best use llGiveInventoryList to give the items to the AV.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

All you need is to loop through the object's inventory and store all the names into a list, then send them with llGiveInventoryList.

What's the confusing part?

@Wandering Soulstar @Wulfie Reanimator

Thank you very much for the answers. the most confusing part is now how to get this list?

{
    {     
       llGiveInventoryList(llGetOwner(), List);

}
}

Just now, MIVIMEX said:

@Wandering Soulstar @Wulfie Reanimator

Thank you very much for the answers. the most confusing part is now how to get this list?

{
    {     
       llGiveInventoryList(llGetOwner(), List);

}
}

If you read the wiki page, it's really as simple as:

list inventory;

integer i;
while(i < llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL))
{
  inventory += llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ALL, i);
  ++i;
}

Of course, if you (probably) don't want to send the unpacker script as well, you need to check if GetInventoryName matches GetScriptName.
Then, if you think someone might put no-transfer or no-copy items into the contents, you can check for that with GetInventoryPermMask.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you read the wiki page, it's really as simple as:

list inventory;

integer i;
while(i < llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL))
{
  ++i;
}

Oh thanks! where does this part go? and what does ++ mean?

default {
    on_rez(integer start_param) {
        list inventory;

integer i;
        while (i < llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL)) {

++i;

llGiveInventoryList(llGetOwner(), inventory);
        }
    }
}

9 minutes ago, MIVIMEX said:

Oh thanks! where does this part go? and what does ++ mean?

Sorry, I'm making too many assumptions.

The bit of code I showed only fills that list, you can put it anywhere you want, where you need that list to be created. At the beginning of on_rez like you showed is fine.

"++" means "increment," it can only be used with integer variables and it increases the value by one. It has some small technical details involved but that's not very important here. You should rewrite the loop in a way you understand.

Lastly, you should not put llGiveInventoryList into the loop, otherwise you're sending a folder with one item, then a folder with two items, then a folder with three items... Put it outside of the loop, after it has finished, so that you only send one folder with all of the items found.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

@MIVIMEXHere's a fully commented example, which may help.

Note that in a production version,  I'd include some tests to make sure the objects are all copyable by the new owner.   If they aren't, then llGiveInventoryList won't give them to the owner, and you need to give them separately, one at a time, using llGiveInventory.    If you need help with that, please ask, but this, I hope, will help explain what we're talking about:

list lContents;
string strFolderName = "A folder of goodies";// change to the name you want for your folder

default {
    state_entry() {//some preliminary work to set things up
        //first, populate the lContents list
        string strThisScript = llGetScriptName();//note the name of this script, since you don't want to give that as part of the folder
        integer max = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL);//note the number of items in the object's inventory
        integer counter = 0;
        do{
            string str = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ALL, counter);//check the name of each item
            if(str!=strThisScript){//and if it's not this script
                lContents +=[str];//add the name to lContents
            }
        }
        while(++counter < max);//and keep on doing this, advancing the counter each time, until  all items have been checked.
        if(llStringLength(strFolderName)== 0){//sanity check -- if no folder name is provided
            strFolderName = llGetObjectName();//then use the name of this object for the folder
        }
    }

changed(integer change) {
        if(change & CHANGED_INVENTORY){//if the contents of the object's inventory change
            llResetScript();//then reset the script in order to rebuild the list
        }
        else if(change & CHANGED_OWNER){//if the object's owner changes, give the folder to the new owner
            llGiveInventoryList(llGetOwner(), strFolderName,lContents);//give the folder to the new owner
        }
    }

attach(key id) {
       if(id){//if someone attaches the object
            llGiveInventoryList(id, strFolderName,lContents);//give them the folder
       } 
    }

}

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.