~ASW~ The Belvedere SkyBox

kendall420

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a vendor on the wall on one end of the store.  I didn't see that the store had a demo area, at least not that I could readily and easily see.  You can purchase a demo version of it, it looks like, either from the store or from the MP.    You would need to go to a sandbox to rez the demo, but that will let you see the size and the layout of the rooms, etc., which is good to do before buying a house or skybox.  If you decide you like it enough to buy the full version, doublecheck the price between the store and the MP.   

You will need to either rent land that will allow you to put a skybox or house on it, or purchase your own land.  The skybox will use 150 LI so you'll probably want to have at least a 1024 sqm parcel (which provides 350 LI, so you'd have 200 remaining LI for furnishing, etc.).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

There is a vendor on the wall on one end of the store.  I didn't see that the store had a demo area, at least not that I could readily and easily see.  You can purchase a demo version of it, it looks like, either from the store or from the MP.    You would need to go to a sandbox to rez the demo, but that will let you see the size and the layout of the rooms, etc., which is good to do before buying a house or skybox.  If you decide you like it enough to buy the full version, doublecheck the price between the store and the MP.   

You will need to either rent land that will allow you to put a skybox or house on it, or purchase your own land.  The skybox will use 150 LI so you'll probably want to have at least a 1024 sqm parcel (which provides 350 LI, so you'd have 200 remaining LI for furnishing, etc.).

okay, so i got the demo version and i like it. the real version is listed on the mp but haven't seen it in the game store. so i'll check out the end of the stores you were talking about. 

next question: how do i buy land that is 1024? is that in the mp (if so is it under 'real estate' or should i look here on the forums?

oh, also, i would like it to be an adult house, does that effect things?

Edited by kendall420

If you're going to be inworld at 12 noon today, I would highly suggest taking the free class at Caledon Oxbridge University on buying land. She will cover all the major points and teach you some good things to know to look for when you're looking at land to buy. 

There are various ways to look for land to buy, and there are differences between buying land on what is called mainland, and on estate islands.   It also depends on if you are a premium member or not (only premium members can buy land on mainland).  Both the forums and the MP under real estate could be good starting points.  If I'm on a mainland area, I generally open up the world map in the viewer and make sure that the box is checked to show parcels for sale.  Then all the parcels for sale will display on the map as bright yellow and when you hover over one with your mouse you should see the size and price briefly display.  You can also select one and TP there to get a better look at it.   Some areas are more high-priced than others, and sometimes even parcels in the same area will widely vary in price.  So it's worth taking time to really search and explore around to get a good parcel that you like the location of, and that is affordable for you.  

If you find land prices are too high for buying, there are companies both on estates and on mainland that rent empty land, so that is also an option. 

Regarding buying the skybox, it might be best in this case to just buy it from the MP (there seemed to be a difference in the price last night between the two selling locations, but it also wouldn't hurt to doublecheck that yourself). 

3 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

If you're going to be inworld at 12 noon today, I would highly suggest taking the free class at Caledon Oxbridge University on buying land. She will cover all the major points and teach you some good things to know to look for when you're looking at land to buy. 

There are various ways to look for land to buy, and there are differences between buying land on what is called mainland, and on estate islands.   It also depends on if you are a premium member or not (only premium members can buy land on mainland).  Both the forums and the MP under real estate could be good starting points.  If I'm on a mainland area, I generally open up the world map in the viewer and make sure that the box is checked to show parcels for sale.  Then all the parcels for sale will display on the map as bright yellow and when you hover over one with your mouse you should see the size and price briefly display.  You can also select one and TP there to get a better look at it.   Some areas are more high-priced than others, and sometimes even parcels in the same area will widely vary in price.  So it's worth taking time to really search and explore around to get a good parcel that you like the location of, and that is affordable for you.  

If you find land prices are too high for buying, there are companies both on estates and on mainland that rent empty land, so that is also an option. 

Regarding buying the skybox, it might be best in this case to just buy it from the MP (there seemed to be a difference in the price last night between the two selling locations, but it also wouldn't hurt to doublecheck that yourself). 

i am a premium member, so i can buy on mainland. i'll try out the world map, thank you for that suggestion. 

• Like 1

I just saw the comment you added about wanting it to be an adult house.   Probably you will be OK on moderate land, as long as you keep adult activities inside the house.  There is adult rated land as well, but it tends to be more expensive, and I don't think is always necessary.  There have been some forum discussions from time to time about whether if you have adult items (like beds with adult animations) on moderate land do you need to have parcel ban lines up, or is just unchecking the "other people can see and chat with my avatar" box on the "About Land" options sufficient.   I would think keeping things indoors and unchecking the "other people can see..." box would be things to do at a minimum. 

I'm trying to find a link to where the land ratings are described - when I find it I'll post it here. 

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

The class is in their main lecture hall.  They generally are good about having signs around, but I'll see if I have a link to send you inworld.

thank you, i just walked through the whole maze of the courses and didn't see anything about land.

4 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Here is info about the maturity ratings which includes sections on types of activities, etc., allowed under the different designations: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/maturity-ratings-r52/

I found the land that i want to buy, it's Astbury (176, 208, 0) but idk how to buy it. it's listed for sale in the game search where the classifieds are. i tried searching deja land sales but nothing popped up store wise.

10 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

I found the land that i want to buy, it's Astbury (176, 208, 0) but idk how to buy it. it's listed for sale in the game search where the classifieds are. i tried searching deja land sales but nothing popped up store wise.

I figured it out!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.