Notha land issues... help!

RedJess Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Redtess69 said:

I came to my house today and half of it i can't walk into.  There is nothing invisiprim there, and I am not overhanging any landlines.  How can i request a restart?

HELP!!!!! Unless someone knows how to fix?  Message me inworld PLEASE!

depends where you live... mainland: contact support by ticket or livechat if you'r premium

if you'r on rented estate land, contact your landlord.

11 hours ago, Redtess69 said:

Message me inworld PLEASE!

many here aren't logged in SL while they are on the forums :) if you have follow enabled for this trhead you get a message in your mail.

• Like 1

Yeah, this "message me inworld" thing will delay response indefinitely. I finally got around to bringing an alt in-world and looked around a bit. Notha is a Mainland region (Atoll continent) with a number of rentals -- and with the majority of parcels banline "protected" so it's too frustrating to discover who owns or rents where.

Anyway, the described problem is almost never fixed by a sim restart. Usually it's something somewhere that had been phantom turning non-phantom, or had been physics-type "None" or "Prim" turning "Convex Hull", and very often this happens not by an explicit setting but rather by changing what's linked with what.

Also, "nothing invisiprim" may miss the problem source. It's unlikely that "invisiprim" is to be taken literally -- very few things still use the old trick of painting the "invisiprim" textures to hide alpha-channel textures -- but rather maybe means simply transparent surfaces. The problem is that, with Materials, it became possible to create surfaces that are not shown with "highlight transparent", so they can be difficult to find. Clicking with the Build Tool open is one way, but even the tiniest thing -- e.g., an earring Dropped in just the wrong spot -- can block passage of an avatar.

As mentioned above, Convex Hull physics is one way there can be barriers where there are no surfaces at all, and that's generally true of Mesh and sculpties. Unfortunately, "Developer / Render Metadata / Physics Shapes" usually produces an impossibly confusing display, and I know of nothing better. Sometimes you can get lucky wearing a collision-detecting script and bumping into the barrier intentionally.

• Like 2

I had the same thing happen to me.  I also noticed that a lot of the mesh objects on my parcel had doubled in size,  I went from having 500 prims remaining to having 29 after about a third of my objects were returned to my lost and found.  Redtess you may want to check the prim counts on your other objects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.