What has your experience in second life been like?

Vimerietta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, I’m Eletra. I started off on second life 10 days before my 19th birthday 3 months ago. And I have experienced nothing but greatness. I have only had one experience of useasiness and that’s just because this girl was a ***** in the club. I have met friends, joined an mc, gotten a job. I feel second life has treated me well so far. 

Now or I want to know how it has affected other people and their experiences, good and bad. Share some of your story, how long have you been on? Are you on frequently? And how is your second life experience currently?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vimerietta said:

Hey, I’m Eletra. I started off on second life 10 days before my 19th birthday 3 months ago. And I have experienced nothing but greatness. I have only had one experience of useasiness and that’s just because this girl was a ***** in the club. I have met friends, joined an mc, gotten a job. I feel second life has treated me well so far. 

Now or I want to know how it has affected other people and their experiences, good and bad. Share some of your story, how long have you been on? Are you on frequently? And how is your second life experience currently?

You might be interested in this thread.  As for me, after almost 10 years I wouldn't even know where to start

It's been a fun 5 years. Even when I was a newb I was meeting new, interesting people. Out of all of them, I've met a furry (the nicest guy ever), a firefighter, a programmer, and a business man (who kind of talked down to me), and I had deep conversations with most of them. I've seen one griefer, one teddy bear person, and I RPed an alien for like a month, among other things.

It's been a blast and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Here's to another 5 years!

Seren recently in last few months hit 5 years old; I enjoy being a hostess for various venues I worked in that time period; I enjoy dabbling in photography and blogging for fun and designer I blog for.  Recently got inducted into SL DJ & Host of Fame so I must be a pretty good hostess to get in there so that was accolade I was honoured and flattered to get.  i love to play CaH with my friends and tiny empires with my fellow Hirilorn loonies as can be usually found curled up as neko does with my friends and eating a catnip cookie or two!

I started getting on SL when I was Almost 17 I believe and my oldest account will be 8 here in a few months.O.o My first experience, admittedly, almost turned me against SL altogether. One of the first people I met on SL was very manipulative towards me. Every time I told him I wanted to not be friends with him anymore ( Because of said manipulation and abuse) he would threaten me with suicide if I stopped talking to him and being young and naive at the time I both believed him and was scared. 

To be 100% honest I don't really know what had me coming back here, but after around a year after that experience I did, I am very glad that I did! As cliche as it is to say this, being on SL has helped me learn a lot about myself. I have met several people on here that I consider dear friends on either side of the screen, and SL has allowed me to communicate with people from all over the world. I discovered one of my favorite hobbies through SL ( Roleplaying!)

I've tried a lot of different platforms, IMVU, Yoville, Smallville, etc, but none of them has kept me coming back like SL has <3 

4 hours ago, epiclolz said:

It's been a fun 5 years. Even when I was a newb I was meeting new, interesting people. Out of all of them, I've met a furry (the nicest guy ever), a firefighter, a programmer, and a business man (who kind of talked down to me), and I had deep conversations with most of them. I've seen one griefer, one teddy bear person, and I RPed an alien for like a month, among other things.

It's been a blast and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Here's to another 5 years!

Hello yeah! I like you’re attitude, HMU inworld(: let’s make it a good 5 years together(:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsSeren said:

Seren recently in last few months hit 5 years old; I enjoy being a hostess for various venues I worked in that time period; I enjoy dabbling in photography and blogging for fun and designer I blog for.  Recently got inducted into SL DJ & Host of Fame so I must be a pretty good hostess to get in there so that was accolade I was honoured and flattered to get.  i love to play CaH with my friends and tiny empires with my fellow Hirilorn loonies as can be usually found curled up as neko does with my friends and eating a catnip cookie or two!

Sounds like a blast! Not really my thing CaH and tiny empires. But I’m so glad you enjoy it(: I’m happy we’re happy with our experiences even if they aren’t the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvyLarae said:

I started getting on SL when I was Almost 17 I believe and my oldest account will be 8 here in a few months.O.o My first experience, admittedly, almost turned me against SL altogether. One of the first people I met on SL was very manipulative towards me. Every time I told him I wanted to not be friends with him anymore ( Because of said manipulation and abuse) he would threaten me with suicide if I stopped talking to him and being young and naive at the time I both believed him and was scared. 

To be 100% honest I don't really know what had me coming back here, but after around a year after that experience I did, I am very glad that I did! As cliche as it is to say this, being on SL has helped me learn a lot about myself. I have met several people on here that I consider dear friends on either side of the screen, and SL has allowed me to communicate with people from all over the world. I discovered one of my favorite hobbies through SL ( Roleplaying!)

I've tried a lot of different platforms, IMVU, Yoville, Smallville, etc, but none of them has kept me coming back like SL has ❤️

I’m in the same boat! My account was recently on hold for about a month and I was only playing for a little over a month and usually I don’t just come back to things. But second life, I did. I have tried those games, imvu, smallworlds, yoville. And I too have met some amazing people I believe are my friends and a great to me. However I have not a bad experience especially first experience like you have. I have never really been a role player, SL HAS Opened me up a little bit towards it. But I never go to role play sims. Maybe I will in the future, if not far future

• Like 1

I've been in SL for 12 years since 2006. I was frequently in-world when I first started and it was a roller coaster of discovery and fun. I hope you have the same experiences. I haven't met many rude people in SL but the only thing you need to know is that you can simply ignore them. I've never really muted anyone because it's easy to just turn your head a few degrees and they're out of view.

Over the years, my attendance in SL has fluctuated between a few hours per month to a few hours per day. Currently I have come in more frequently because of all the new mesh bodies and clothing. There are so many facets of SL to explore that you'll find a lot of reasons to keep coming back. 

I'm nearly seven months in, and it's been utterly amazing.  Such a kaleidoscope of individuals, most have been lovely.

Very very occasionally it's been upsetting, but the positives far outweigh these tiny incidents.

I've been on every day except when there's been no internet access, and even then I'll use my phone to scope the forums.

So yeah I'm hooked................totally unexpected. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

So yeah I'm hooked................totally unexpected. :)

I've been here for 12 years and aside from one kind of terrifying thing that happened to me almost right away, I have loved every second of my time here.  I hope that feeling stays forever!

• Like 1

i was 17 years old when i registered my avi with last name of my RL life love(lol),I used starter avatar Vampire Xyla and i was banned from some places for that avi,was hard to explain to owners.I visited 1-2 beaches regular and had some friends there, My first year was funny and then i found good shape+skin i liked to visit naughty places,lol.and then had break from sl, because was bored)in August 2017 i met nice guy, who was good in start and because og him my avi is total mesh.But then this guy started to play with cancer( at first hisfriends wife, and later him too) but truth is that he is healthy and alive)))my second sl partner was not much honest too,but if not think abour relayionships,i enjoy my sl experience,can t believe soon my 7 years rezzday)))

Just now, Panteleeva said:

i was 17 years old when i registered my avi with last name of my RL life love(lol),I used starter avatar Vampire Xyla and i was banned from some places for that avi,was hard to explain to owners.I visited 1-2 beaches regular and had some friends there, My first year was funny and then i found good shape+skin i liked to visit naughty places,lol.and then had break from sl, because was bored)in August 2017 i met nice guy, who was good in start and because og him my avi is total mesh.But then this guy started to play with cancer( at first hisfriends wife, and later him too) but truth is that he is healthy and alive)))my second sl partner was not much honest too,but if not think abour relayionships,i enjoy my sl experience,can t believe soon my 7 years rezzday)))

I was just 17 too.  :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vimerietta said:

Sounds like a blast! Not really my thing CaH and tiny empires. But I’m so glad you enjoy it(: I’m happy we’re happy with our experiences even if they aren’t the same.

Well, be so boring if we all enjoyed same thing as for me that beauty of SL that we can be anyone and do most things!

I have been in Second Life for 10 years.  Well, this account anyway.  I have an alt that is a bit older.  There are another couple of accounts that are older still but will never (and can never) be logged in again.

On 11/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, Vimerietta said:

What has your experience in second life been like?

It's complicated.  Basically there was the age of chaos and then Clover Jinx.

My experience has been awesome.  Even the bad decisions and heartaches were worth the effort.  Some hard memories are there but they were real and they were mine.  And then there is now.  I have a partner that adores me, knows me and still puts up with me even after 10 years together.  She is wonderful, cute, creative, playful, intelligent and sensual.  She is the best reason to be me. 

• Like 6

I started  3 months after I turned 20 in 2006

It's been good and bad,happy and sad and mad times.. When you are in something giving you that many kinds of emotions,you know it's got to be good..:D

Nowadays,I'm much more relaxed and it's all good when I'm on..

My experiences have taught me to not sweat the little things..

So all those years of stuff has evolved into relaxed mode SL for me now..

hehehehe

• Like 2

I'm almost within striking distance of 12 years in SL now, and I can say that I have had very few bad experiences.  Disappointments, yes, but they say more about me than about SL or any of the people I have known.  I've spent most of my time as a creator, gradually shifting from making clothing to writing scripts and making scripted tools, plus some items for the home and garden.  SL has been like a playground for me, offering tools and space to discover that I have more creative talent than I knew.  I've made many good friends and have lost many as they have moved on to other things or -- in a few sad cases -- died.  I keep SL and my RL totally separate. Very few people in RL know that I am even in SL, and nobody in SL knows me in RL, so my time here is truly like being an ex-pat in a foreign country.  I considered doing that in RL many times when I was younger, but never dared.  Now I can.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.