livb89

My SecondLife messages?

Question

On the my.secondlife.com website why does it have a 'messages' tab when you can't (as far as i know) send messages to people? 

8 answers to this question

Almost.  It was implemented but then deactivated and never restarted.  I guess they figured that we already have enough other ways to communicate.  In any case, It's been a couple of years since it stopped, IIRC.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, livb89 said:

On the my.secondlife.com website why does it have a 'messages' tab when you can't (as far as i know) send messages to people? 

i don't really know my.sl  pages but assume it's the same as the community pages, a seperate message system, it's not connected to SL's IM system inworld. Using the community messages quite often while on the forums.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:32 PM, Ethan Paslong said:

i don't really know my.sl  pages but assume it's the same as the community pages, a seperate message system, it's not connected to SL's IM system inworld. Using the community messages quite often while on the forums.

Yes it definitely does not show IW messages. Nor does it show messages from the community pages messages system.

It seems to be separate again. An inbox but no apparent way of sending a message to somebody else!

22 minutes ago, livb89 said:

An inbox but no apparent way of sending a message to somebody else!

yes you cán send to anyone here, but it will only be visible at the webpages, just not inworld.

I understand that, I'm not talking about IW messages at all. That is totally separate. Nor am I talking about the community messages system.

I just wanted to know how the my.secondlife.com messages system works. It looks as though it was half implemented, never finished. 

I think you are right, Liv.  Or maybe it WAS working at one time, and has since been deprecated.  My Inbox contains a message I sent to someone five years ago, but there's apparently no way to write another.

That's just for private messaging. Though the *default* setting for your *FEED* is still anyone in SL. 

20 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think you are right, Liv.  Or maybe it WAS working at one time, and has since been deprecated.  My Inbox contains a message I sent to someone five years ago, but there's apparently no way to write another.

Oooh! You have yours turned off. ~pouts~

9 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

The profile feed private messaging was intentionally removed due to abuse - see http://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/profile-feeds-direct-messaging-lab-confirms-turned-off/

/me tags your feed LOL