Inworld Store Closure - Similar to RL Blue Laws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, ellestones said:

Ethan, if you are confused then is best to say why and get some clarification. Or you gunna be confused forever

asking for clarification about a emoticon response is as absurd as your statement in that post.
I'm not cofused, you are by sticking a SL shopping trick to a RL action.

1 minute ago, Ethan Paslong said:

asking for clarification about a emoticon response is as absurd as your statement in that post.
I'm not cofused, you are by sticking a SL shopping trick to a RL action.

good, now I can help you clarify in an SL context

do you think it is acceptable behavior for a person in SL to take what they want from another person's parcel when that person has put their banlines up and said: Please don't take my stuff ?

• Like 1

Just now, ellestones said:

do you think it is acceptable behavior for a person in SL to take what they want from another person's parcel when that person has put their banlines up and said: Please don't take my stuff ?

Banlines up but active vendors inside? Sorry - not even close to your example.

Don't want sales on your (general) Holy Day? Pick up your vendors and disable your MP shop (if you have one) the day prior. Set vendors out and reactivate MP shop afterward.

Simple.

• Like 3

The stores in my RL country are all closed on sunday and thats now more of a traditional thing, than a religious one (and its nice for the people working in retail, I guess). Other places, like cinemas and restaurants are open.

But in SL...thats just stupid. First because no active work needs to be done, in order to have a store open on that day. Nobody needs to stand around in the store in order to sell products and you can chose to do all the customer support stuff (if there is any) on the next day. You have all the time you want to worship whatever "deity" you have. You could even say you donate all the money made on that day to your local church. Secondly, SL knows no sunset and sunrise. Its a global world and ignoring that proves are very insular way of thinking. And third: Shoving your religion in other peoples faces and treating to ban them is...well, pretty extreme. If I would encounter something like that in a store, they would not see a penny from me ever again.

• Like 2

Just now, ellestones said:

thats totally irrelevant to this, the same absurd way of thinking .

i regret lifting the ignore button on  you, but you'r back on it now, good luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Banlines up but active vendors inside? Sorry - not even close to your example.

Don't want sales on your (general) Holy Day? Pick up your vendors and disable your MP shop (if you have one) the day prior. Set vendors out and reactivate MP shop afterward.

Simple.

Its their parcel and their stuff.  I would think that any ordinary normal person who on encountering parcel banlines would go: oh! ok and go to another shop

no matter what day it is

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ellestones said:

Its their parcel and their stuff.  I would think that any ordinary normal person who on encountering parcel banlines would go: oh! ok and go to another shop

no matter what day it is

An ordinary person would also be rather curious as to what is going on inside the shop and might just cam inside. Especially if it is a shop that was just wholly accessible a day or so prior.

There are also those for whom Cam Shopping is a "normal" activity - it is far easier for them than wandering around the store.

"Their parcel, their stuff" only goes so far.

Again, don't want sales on a particular day? Shut down/pick up your vendors (perhaps a day prior) and if you have an MP store, do the same. Once said day passes, set it back up.

Can't be arsed to do that? Don't complain.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1

Just now, Solar Legion said:

An ordinary person would also be rather curious as to what is going on inside the shop and might just cam inside. Especially if it is a shop that was just wholly accessible a day or so prior.

There are also those for whom Cam Shopping is a "normal" activity - it is far easier for them than wandering around the store.

"Their parcel, their stuff" only goes so far.

their parcel, their stuff, and their banlines, and their request: Please don't take my stuff today

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ellestones said:

no matter what day it is

You can’t buy or take stuff from a parcel that has banlines. It’s not possible. 

Ok, I’m wrong about “buying”. Duh!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ellestones said:

their parcel, their stuff, and their banlines, and their request: Please don't take my stuff today

That's nice.

No one is "taking" anyone's stuff.

Again, don't want sales on a particular day? Shut down/pick up your vendors (perhaps a day prior) and if you have an MP store, do the same. Once said day passes, set it back up.

Banlines or not - active vendors and/or an active MP store means you'll have sales.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You can’t buy or take stuff from a parcel that has banlines. It’s not possible. 

Cam in, buy from vendor - unless something changed in the last few years, banlines do not prevent scripts responding to a payment or an input.

If a user also has an MP store they sure as heck don't prevent that from functioning.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

seems  to me that the objections to the shopkeeper's action, seem to have more to do with the reason the shopkeeper has given for closing their shop than the closing of the shop itself

i personally don't care what a shopkeepers reason are for closing their shop, or on what days. Its their shop

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Could you please politely explain why your way is the correct one for others to follow? Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ellestones said:

seems  to me that the objections to the shopkeeper's action, seem to have more to do with the reason the shopkeeper has given for closing their shop than the closing of the shop itself

i personally don't care what a shopkeepers reason are for closing their shop, or on what days. Its their shop

If they have active vendors and/or an active MP store - they aren't closed.

It's that simple.

"Closed" for a shopkeeper in Second Life means "nothing can be bought" - not "you cannot come inside". Others have used networked vendor systems that can simply be shut down for their in world shops. How they manage any MP store in a similar manner is ... not something I am familiar with.

And no, the issue is with the expectation that a user will not buy from an active vendor. Also with the notion that a digital shop can somehow be "closed" with active vendors on parcel.

Don't want sales - for any reason? Don't have an active vendor out. not where a user can simply cam in to use it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Could you please politely explain why your way is the correct one for others to follow? Thanks.

There's no explanation needed - it's right in my responses.

But to humor the question: Active vendors/MP store? You're ready for sales, especially if said vendors are located in a place one could - ordinarily - simply walk to.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

If they have active vendors and/or an active MP store - they aren't closed.

It's that simple.

"Closed" for a shopkeeper in Second Life means "nothing can be bought" - not "you cannot come inside". Others have used networked vendor systems that can simply be shut down for their in world shops. How they manage any MP store in a similar manner is ... not something I am familiar with.

And no, the issue is with the expectation that a user will not buy from an active vendor. Also with the notion that a digital shop can somehow be "closed" with active vendors on parcel.

Don't want sales - for any reason? Don't have an active vendor out. not where a user can simply cam in to use it.

How do you know that they do?

This is another situation where the taboo against naming the store makes discussion complicated. We don't know how they're going about their closure and have no way of finding out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

There's no explanation needed - it's right in my responses.

As is the shopkeeper's reaction of banning you after you did camshopping - their shop - their rules. You camshop on Shabbes - you're banned - easy as pie. They don't even have an obligation to explain that to you in advance.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I don't see it. Could you spell it out for me please? Why is your way the correct one for others to follow? Thanks.

See edit to prior response and see the other responses.

If you still cannot see it, that's fine. I'm not going to try and explain it any further as it's right there in plain English: Don't place active vendors or have an active MP store if you don't want sales.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Paslong said:

it's wrong IF you talk about a store with active vendors, but that wasn't said : the statement was a parcel with banlines.

And you can camshop inside those - successfully did that at closed events many times... So Love's sentence was wrong...

• Like 1

Just now, Fionalein said:

As is the shopkeeper's reaction of banning you after you did camshopping - their shop - their rules. You camshop on Shabes - you're banned - easy as pie. They don't even have an obligation to explain that to you in advance.

That's nice. It also utterly misses the point.

If you're going to ban a user because they dared to buy something from an active vendor or from an active MP store ... don't have a shop.

Harsh?

Sure it is.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.