Holy frijoles batman, it's cold!

Tari Landar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's cold outside AND inside...

I did actually have a different purpose for this thread, but I can't remember what it was, lmao

So, uhh, since it's all snowy and cold here, I want to see SL fun winter pics (eh hem, pg fun 😛 ) 

I shall check my pic depository, I'm sure I have some, somewhere

If I'm not back within a day, send help

and sandwiches...and probably some beverages too

8 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Going to be 30 here later this week (that's ummm 86 American degrees.)

Yes, it is cold! December is tomorrow and it should be well over 40 (104 American degrees) by now.

Cold? You crazy, lol

It's 20 F here (that would be like -6.7 C, rough estimate, if my math is right and I'm pretty sure it is, lol). Definitely not as cold as it's been, and it's gonna get a lot colder,  but its still pretty cold when the wind gets going. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't do cold very well, so I would not survive (well, I would, but not at all happily) where Tari is.  I do think I may have a new life goal (at least in thought, if not executed) of going to Australia for the northern hemisphere winter months - not just for the warmer temps, but also longer daylight hours.

• Like 1

I don't have any sl snow pics on this pc, I'll have to gather them as soon as I figure out which box has the drives in it, lol. 

And I'm not going outside to take a pic now, I'm too fond of my snuggie.

but, this is what our MILD  winters look like normally (this is last year), out front anyway, once it goes beyond a dusting. Right now it's just cold, some snow over top a few weeks worth of rain, with a thin layer of ice on everything.  We've had some mild winters for at least the last 6 or so years, I'm hoping we get loads of snow this year, way more than this little bit.

Snow1f.png.c483898d89af72d2a6bd230c48729589.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Going to be 30 here later this week (that's ummm 86 American degrees.)

Yes, it is cold! December is tomorrow and it should be well over 40 (104 American degrees) by now.

I think the highest it got here was 96F this year. Our lows here are maybe 46F-52F. Until January, when it will be 30’s.

What's wrong with you people? 20F is not cold. I drive my Miata with the top down in weather colder than that. I've spent hours at my telescope in near zero weather. Mac called me from the middle of a frozen lake last winter, at 4AM, explaining that he was not able to start his truck after a failed attempt at ice fishing. It was -27F and he was several miles from shelter. A bit of Q&A revealed that he'd forgot to put it in park and depress the brake pedal. If that's what happens to your brain at -27F, I'll accept that as "cold".

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've not taken any SL Winter pics yet this year, but here is one from last year where I'm definitely feeling the cold

20180124-Brrr5.thumb.jpg.d02561311bb0c855c7c0770f29bc849c.jpg

I am working on learning that gif thingy and plan on making a few this year with some of my winter toys.

(not those kind of toys - get yer damn mind outta the gutter)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

So, uhh, since it's all snowy and cold here, I want to see SL fun winter pics (eh hem, pg fun 😛 )

Here's some snow. 🕸️
(What are the bears doing at the back? It's just that one bear is cleaning off some snow with his paw from the other bear's fur.)

2018-11-29_Snow.thumb.jpg.46297ea87cd14a36e3b2f0150ae8d7e1.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

iWhat's wrong with you people? 20F is not cold. I drive my Miata with the top down in weather colder than that. I've spent hours at my telescope in near zero weather. Mac called me from the middle of a frozen lake last winter, at 4AM, explaining that he was not able to start his truck after a failed attempt at ice fishing. It was -27F and he was several miles from shelter. A bit of Q&A revealed that he'd forgot to put it in park and depress the brake pedal. If that's what happens to your brain at -27F, I'll accept that as "cold".

I have chickenpox, a cold, and a high fever, EVERYTHING under 60F Is cold to me right now lol

But, really, our winter won't start to get super cold until probably January. We get a LOT of lake effect,  like the just-a-smidge-over-a-dusting in my picture. That's entirely lake effect, because if you go about 5 miles up the main road, they had no snow at all that day, lmao. Our winters have been mild as far as snowfall is concerned, for at least the last 6-ish years, but temperature wise, it gets friggen cold, especially adding in the windchill and winds that have nothing to slow them (bare trees)

23 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I don't do cold very well, so I would not survive (well, I would, but not at all happily) where Tari is.  I do think I may have a new life goal (at least in thought, if not executed) of going to Australia for the northern hemisphere winter months - not just for the warmer temps, but also longer daylight hours.

So much this. Try as I might I cannot keep from checking the clock when the sun comes over the ridge and thinking something like, "Wow, not til 7:45 now? Just last week it was up by 7:30." I really don't like shorter days.

On the other hand, I never get flustered thinking I'm not ready and Christmas is coming; I'm buoyed up knowing the solstice is getting closer.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.