November 24th-25th "Rental System that should not be named" Debacle

DonaNove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the past weekend their was a big deal going on with "The Rental Sytem that should not be named".  Many groups posted about it warning folks not purchase anything inworld, or pay rental boxes.  I paid tier for the sim I co-own on Saturday the 24th, on Tuesday I logged on to find that the land was locked and many items returned.  The landlord did not give any notice in regards to the debacle, nor contact anyone on Sunday or Monday.  I contacted her immediately upon logging on and finding myself in a safehub.  I submitted her with proof of payment.  She apologized for the trouble, and that Is it.  Is this common practice for SL landowners?  My tenants were prevented from entering their homes for nearly an entire day, when we were all allowed we found that our homes were missing, BeYou crops missing, and a host of other things as well.  We were not able to restore items back to last location due to items were sent back into cluster with no copy items preventing us from doing so.  Is there some way we can seek compensation for the landlord's gross negligence.  I rent from other places and received many group notices to hold tier payment until further notice and did not have items sent back.  Is this fair business practice for SL?

Edited by DonaNove
too many complaint from ***** trolls that dont seek to understand but want to complain

If this is the whole story then no it's not fair business practice but that is the risk you take when renting from another resident in Second Life. If you do not want to worry about being scammed out of your Ls, prims returned, or being locked out of the region then its best to purchase a region directly from linden lab and pay monthly tier directly to them. If you seek compensation that is something you must take up with the landlord. Linden lab will not intervene when it comes to transactions between residents in-world.

Here's more info from the Second Life knowledge base on renting from other residents. The last paragraph in particularly. 

Also not all landlords are part of the Caspertech group so if your landlord was not following what was going on in the group notices or chats, they prob had no idea that casperlet/caspervend was down till it was too late or they were sleep, it did happen over the night hours. I highly doubt it was intentional. Once prims are returned there is nothing the landlord can do except apologize. 

Edited by Lisa006 Baxton

Caspervend is the vendor system and Casperlet is the rental system. If you choose to complain about something and name a product; at least name the right one. There probably will be no compensation given because this is a virtual world and hickups happen. Maybe next time pay your rent a little more in advance so the landlord has time to react in case of an issue.

• Like 2

Great Scott!!!! I am not here to bring anybody down and go in on someone for what they post.  I simpy asked a question in regards to something, seeking understanding.  I wish others would exercise their growth mindset and seek understanding before attempting to come for someone.  As you said ( @Jules Catlyn) hiccups can happen...…..I am human......with that being said my name mistake of rental system is my hiccup. To err is human, to forgive divine.

this isn't about the rental system, but your landlord being an jerk. So everything you say about the rentalsystem is irrelevant and should only been mentioned as primary cause of the failure, NOT as reason your landlord refuses his services.

You have proof you paid, ...if your landlord refuses even after that, move on, find a new one, sorry for the loss but that won't be refunded by anyone else.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.