Jump to content

Since when can customers do an MP redelivery by themselves?


Arduenn Schwartzman
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I can see now why LL sat on their hands on this request for so many years, and even told us once that customer activated re-delivery won't happen. It wasn't because the job was too complicated technically , but because they foresaw these issues.

But every time the request was raised at meetings and here in the forum over many years, there was never any objection from merchants. It was always on that wish list, and LL was scolded many times for not giving us this very basic change to the system - not one person raised an objection to it.

It was finally announced as coming soon, and LL never lets us know they are about to push the button to go live - never. They just do it, and we were told this time it was coming.

I have no concerns because I have always voted for it, and knew what to expect, and I have been patiently waiting for it. It's the only new feature out of that long list that actually improves the MP for me. Despite the fact that less people will shop inworld, and I do like them to shop  inworld because they always buy more, but customer convenience and satisfaction is more important to me than my pocket.

I just want to be able to update my items and put a date of the update in my description and direct the customer to self redeliver if the update is wanted, and in that redelivery they will also receive all previous versions. For me this ticks all the boxes.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 11/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, Pamela Galli said:

No, read up: in the past I sold a trans version. Then I changed to a copy version. Now those to whom I sold the trans version I am being forced to gift the deactivated copy version, which is not my choice. 

Hi Pamela!

Item Spam restrictions in the Listing Guidelines has never applied to the exact same item with different permissions, since different permissions are clearly different versions. 

While it wont help in this issue, since any changes made today will have an unintended consequence for either version of the item, going forward, it is strongly recommended that any creator/seller who wishes to offer the same item with different permissions really should list the items in their own Product Listing, and not re-use an existing listing for permission changes. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bradford Mint said:

I'm feeling lazy but what about gifted items, can the recipient self redeliver or does it require the original purchaser to initiate redelivery?

Is it even an option for gifted items? No reason why not.

Gifted items do not show up on the recipients History, thus they cannot self-redeliver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And just to be sure, has someone as a purchaser performed a redelivery and had it go to the recipient? Presumably this is an option?

Forgive my scepticism but when merchant initiated redelivery was first implemented, when a merchant triggered a gifted item redelivery, the redelivery went to the purchaser, not the gift recipient. I wouldn't want to think the same mistake had been repeated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bradford Mint said:

And just to be sure, has someone as a purchaser performed a redelivery and had it go to the recipient? Presumably this is an option?

Forgive my scepticism but when merchant initiated redelivery was first implemented, when a merchant triggered a gifted item redelivery, the redelivery went to the purchaser, not the gift recipient. I wouldn't want to think the same mistake had been repeated.

I just tested this with an alt - bought her a gift and then did the redelivery and she did receive the item again, not me.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

   also means I can finally go back and snag some of the things I've REALLY borked up in the last 2 years LOL.   LL ♥

After you take forever going through all the pages to find said stuff.  At least for me, trying to find anything I bought more than a few days ago is just so freakin tedious because there is no way to search the MP history.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 6:08 PM, Grumpity Linden said:

I think we should do the more generic case - allow a merchant to disable redelivery for 1) their entire store or 2) on a per-listing basis.   Otherwise, we may get caught up in carving out a variety of exceptions.  Thoughts? (I don't mean from Dakota, I mean from everyone :) ).

Yes, agreed. There are tons of use cases here, and valid reasons for wanting or not wanting this feature; letting the merchants decide is the simplest and most flexible solution.

Should we understand your comment to mean that this is actively being worked on? (That would be awesome :) )

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2018 at 5:36 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

After you take forever going through all the pages to find said stuff.  At least for me, trying to find anything I bought more than a few days ago is just so freakin tedious because there is no way to search the MP history.

A "redliver" button added below items you already bought would be a cool feature, but I am to  lazy to file a Jira...

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

A "redliver" button added below items you already bought would be a cool feature, but I am to  lazy to file a Jira...

It is early for me, so my brain is not fully functioning.  Are you being sarcastic?  Because this whole thread is about the fact that there IS now a "redeliver" button below each item that you've already bought that is allowed to be redelivered.  Yet my comment was basically meaning that first you have to find said item in your history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 It is early for me, so my brain is not fully functioning.  Are you being sarcastic?  Because this whole thread is about the fact that there IS now a "redeliver" button below each item that you've already bought that is allowed to be redelivered.  Yet my comment was basically meaning that first you have to find said item in your history.

that is the idea - the website already knows how to check wether you bought an item, it needs to to allow you to write a review... adding  small "redeliver this item" button below "buy me" that checks with the database wether an item is redeliverable would be no biggie I guess...

in nonstandardized pseudocode:

if item(status) == bought && item(redeliver)==activated : redeliver(item)

else : open_dialog("item not redeliverable \n  either it was not bought by you yet or merchant deactivated redelivery")
Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

adding  small "redeliver this item" button below "buy me" that checks with the database wether an ite is redeliverable would be no biggie I guess...

In the Sansar store you can go to any item in the store and if you've already purchased the item this is what you see instead of the buy button.

redeliver.png.96b2e8b6140449f34f28d806324f2063.png

You hit the purchased button and get this popup:

yes.png.de9ccb11f559cefbee3f472147e40836.png

So they know how to do this already. Hopefully they could do it the same way for the MP.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

that is the idea - the website already knows how to check wether you bought an item, it needs to to allow you to write a review... adding  small "redeliver this item" button below "buy me" that checks with the database wether an item is redeliverable would be no biggie I guess...

in nonstandardized pseudocode:


if item(status) == bought && item(redeliver)==activated : redeliver(item)

else : open_dialog("item not redeliverable \n  either it was not bought by you yet or merchant deactivated redelivery")

I get it now.  I actually have opened a JIRA for something similar - not the 'redelivery' button part because the redeliver option didn't exist when I opened the JIRA.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225855

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I would love to see Linden Lab create a redelivery terminal that will bring me to a web page where all my purchases has been done sorted by shop.... sort of like CasperVend do in their terminal and has been done for years. Should absolutely be possible for the Coders at LL to make something useful like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, Linnrenate Crosby said:

I would love to see Linden Lab create a redelivery terminal that will bring me to a web page where all my purchases has been done sorted by shop.... sort of like CasperVend do in their terminal and has been done for years. Should absolutely be possible for the Coders at LL to make something useful like that

Alternately you can use the three search fields on your order history page to find any item or set of items you'd like to have redelivered.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...