Since when can customers do an MP redelivery by themselves?

Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. I only just now got a few notifications by email that customers had some of my products redelivered from MP, all by themselves. For the first time since the 10 years I've been on SLExchange XStreet SL Marketplace. After some digging on the MP website, I found that each Invoice page in my Order History has a Redeliver item button. Since when is this possible?

7b4c037f3b6002a78147ba600b0013ea.png.9e59101a3d635e4af898314548a80a8c.png

Too bad the Order History list doesn't have a search option, though. Because most redelivery requests are done by people who bought the item in question years ago and accidentally 'lost' it after some inventory spring cleaning stroke.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Even items that don't actually exist as active anymore have the option.

While great this more or less kills my ambitions to shop inworld. I just cannot afford to loose the redelivery option when the vendour box goes offline in some cases.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I guess we await an official announcement from LL (today)  I hope with some other features such as the ability to add a manager to help with merchant's MP listings. 

Hi Cindy!

I have it on very good authority that this feature IS coming. No word on when, as obviously there are things that need to be worked out to get this into place, but the Marketplace Team is listening, and the are working on getting out features and functionality that are designed to help. 

Keep those Jira's coming! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Lindens
46 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

We can file it under the Soon ™ category  :D 

We're aiming to get this out before the end of the year :)  (2018 because I know how ya'll love to troll 😋)

Edited by Alexa Linden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Too bad the Order History list doesn't have a search option, though. Because most redelivery requests are done by people who bought the item in question years ago and accidentally 'lost' it after some inventory spring cleaning stroke.

This!

lol, I have 244 pages in Order History. There is no way to search it. Even if I know the approximate date of the purchase (if I kept the purchase confirmation email), it's a page by page search. Absolutely LOVE the redelivery option - thank you for implementing it! But Arduenn is right, without a way to search our Order History, it's unclear if it can really be used...unless the searcher has real patience. I bet after going through a few pages, people will give up and contact the merchant for a redelivery anyway :(.

• Like 7

• Lindens
13 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Hi all. I only just now got a few notifications by email that customers had some of my products redelivered from MP, all by themselves. For the first time since the 10 years I've been on SLExchange XStreet SL Marketplace. After some digging on the MP website, I found that each Invoice page in my Order History has a Redeliver item button. Since when is this possible?

7b4c037f3b6002a78147ba600b0013ea.png.9e59101a3d635e4af898314548a80a8c.png

Not "too bad..." but maybe more of an "I can't wait for https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225884"

I dug around and found an older request for this and have cleaned it up and we're looking at it now.  

This is where I'm going to plug how great Feature Requests are.  If you have things you'd like to see which are Features (not bugs) please fill out a Jira.  We triage Feature Requests every week and there's a great team of Lindens who review each request.  When you fill them out please include how you see your feature working, why it's needed, pictures, squiggles... anything you think will help illustrate your Feature.  (Feature Request triages are actually one of my favorite meetings of the week!)

Edited by Alexa Linden
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Love, love, love the ability to do our own redeliveries now, but have to agree with others that a search of our own Order History would be soooooo, soooo nice.

I would love to see a search function in order history as well. Especially with how many pages of order history that I have. It is hard to find specific stuff, without having to really go through your whole order history.

I dont like this idea unless there is option for merchant to allow redelivery. I have listings since 2010 that I updated many times. Added animations, scripts, mesh instead sculpts an so on. Sure I increased price and if to compare thing from 2010 and now - thing is drastically improved and price is raised. And I dont want to redeliver it for free. I am not obligated to create new listing for updated products same as I am not obligated to keep price for them. So for me this feature is NO. That means I will gift items to people who have very old products.

Edited by Iren Tinkel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Iren Tinkel said:

That means I will gift items to people who have very old products.

no you don't gift. If it's a improved version of the old it's pretty normal to get a update so a redelivery isn't wrong. They did pay for it.

It will be different if you made a total new version with other functions. But in that case it won't redeliver because it's a total different listing and name.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.