catwa bento heads...

kendall420

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

okay, so i bought the maitreya lara last night and now i'm in the market for a catwa bento head.... but i have no idea if i'm looking at the right heads or not.

i found one that i like, it says bento on it and that's throwing me off cause i don't see catwa in the listing... and it also doesn't look like the more expensive grey heads either.

this is a head i like (i got the demo and it looks good but idk if it's the right head type i should be buying..)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Starlust-Candy-Bento-Mesh-Head-SALE/10341916

sorry for being such a noobie.

7 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

okay, so i bought the maitreya lara last night and now i'm in the market for a catwa bento head.... but i have no idea if i'm looking at the right heads or not.

i found one that i like, it says bento on it and that's throwing me off cause i don't see catwa in the listing... and it also doesn't look like the more expensive grey heads either.

this is a head i like (i got the demo and it looks good but idk if it's the right head type i should be buying..)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Starlust-Candy-Bento-Mesh-Head-SALE/10341916

sorry for being such a noobie.

If you like it that's the important thing. A "Catwa head" is just like a "Ford car" - it's a brand name. Catwa is the most popular head and the best supported, but "Catwa-ness" is only important if you're committed to using something that's only made for Catwa heads. That head is compatible with "Omega" appliers, which are fairly common and have a decent amount of support.

• Like 1

One caveat is that many skins are Catwa only, they will not work with mesh heads from other makers. You will need to look for skins that include an Omega applier, not just a Catwa one. So if your favourite skin is Catwa only, you won't be able to use it with this head.

Edited by Matty Luminos

The thing with purchasing a cheaper head is that you'll end up spending more money later on the actual head. That's true that Catwa is the one with the most skin options, but Lelutka (best animations imo), Genus (fairly new and a bit more expensive), Areruka and LAQ have really good skins for them as well. I'd tell you to go to the stores and try the demos before purchasing your definitive head.

I've got 2 or 3 bento heads that I purchased for around 500L or less and I never use them because they do look like the system head too much for me, which puts me off since I think the system head is too "boxy" for my taste. But if you're one to like that kind of look they are definitely a great option.

53 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

The thing with purchasing a cheaper head is that you'll end up spending more money later on the actual head.

How so? Usually I buy brand agnostic addons...

However that might be acriterium to check: get the demo head wear it and use some animation posestands for Catwa/Leluka animations - if most of the animations turn out fine you can assume the head is similar enough to "borrow"animations designed for other heads.

38 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

How so? Usually I buy brand agnostic addons...

However that might be acriterium to check: get the demo head wear it and use some animation posestands for Catwa/Leluka animations - if most of the animations turn out fine you can assume the head is similar enough to "borrow"animations designed for other heads.

I say it because I've seen friends going for cheaper alternatives just to change to the one they wanted on the first place some  time later because they didn't really like the cheaper choice.

34 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I say it because I've seen friends going for cheaper alternatives just to change to the one they wanted on the first place some  time later because they didn't really like the cheaper choice.

In that case yes, always go for the head you really want - no matter what others tell you.

• Like 1

Cheaper heads usually lack the features and support more expensive ones have.

A while back a friend of mine switched to a mesh head. My friends and I suggested Catwa because it’s easy to work with as far as features and customization. She opted for another brand, then realized skins and customization were minimal.

She wears a Catwa now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kendall420 said:

i'm in the market for a catwa bento head.... but i have no idea if i'm looking at the right heads or not.

i found one that i like, it says bento on it and that's throwing me off cause i don't see catwa in the listing

Catwa products are sold by Catwa Clip. Her Marketplace can be found here and the inworld store is here. (Note that buying at the inworld store gets you store credit to use against further purchases, whereas buying from marketplace does not.)

Pick a head that feels like you - which is where lots of demoing comes into play. Never buy mesh bodies and/or heads without demoing! Demo not just the heads, but also various skins with them. And don't forget that with Bento heads you can use the shape sliders to change the shape of your face, which adds further customisation.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Catwa products are sold by Catwa Clip. Her Marketplace can be found here and the inworld store is here. (Note that buying at the inworld store gets you store credit to use against further purchases, whereas buying from marketplace does not.)

Pick a head that feels like you - which is where lots of demoing comes into play. Never buy mesh bodies and/or heads without demoing! Demo not just the heads, but also various skins with them. And don't forget that with Bento heads you can use the shape sliders to change the shape of your face, which adds further customisation.

Thank you and to everyone else who replied with help. I got my head :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.