Silver0ferro

Heeellpp with rlv-for a friend

Okay so I always wear a rlv collar thats not claimed and this has never gappened befire i only have aa phone currently so I don't know how to help 

She can't access it when she right clicks the collar this appears 

Well commands for you to do - |||| 1. Right-click the item in your inventory and select Add.

2. Call your Main Menu for the first time either by:

Touching your neck or the collar/necklace
Selecting the menu icon in your Wearer's Remote
by typing <prefix> menu

Your <prefix> are the first two letters of your username i.e. Wendy Starfall = we

She just started 5 days ago and I've never had issues befire she said she just now activated elf for the first time soooo.. Yah I need abit if help any suggestions 

18 minutes ago, Silver0ferro said:

She can't access it when she right clicks the collar this appears 

Whose collar is she trying to access?

If it's yours she types

/1simenu

the si being the first two letters of your name. If it's her's and she is called JeanDArc, the the command would be /1jemenu

From there is depends what you want to do. I guess, importantly, what are you using the collar for and what do you think isn't working?

(I make comment as well that collaring a 5 day old avatar is maybe not wise or very fair on her. One mistake and she doesn't have the skills to protect herself from some of the dumbinants out there. Let her learn the game first, if she wants to try D/s play, then once she has her feet assist her to find a group of caring Dom/me's to guide and teach her)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

If it's yours she types

/1simenu

the si being the first two letters of your name. If it's her's and she is called JeanDArc, the the command would be /1jemenu

From there is depends what you want to do. I guess, importantly, what are you using the collar for and what do you think isn't working?

(I make comment as well that collaring a 5 day old avatar is maybe not wise or very fair on her. One mistake and she doesn't have the skills to protect herself from some of the dumbinants out there. Let her learn the game first, if she wants to try D/s play, then once she has her feet assist her to find a group of caring Dom/me's to guide and teach her)

Um I'm the sub me bought the collar for myself she the dom and mostly she wants to leash and walk me or cuddle me without a posebasll stuff like that she still my f riebd but we like rping alot anyway yah  

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

If it's yours she types

/1simenu

Okay so umm I need a step by step instructions sorry...

47 minutes ago, Silver0ferro said:

Um I'm the sub me bought the collar for myself she the dom and mostly she wants to leash and walk me or cuddle me without a posebasll stuff like that she still my f riebd but we like rping alot anyway yah  

No problems! It was a little unclear what you were trying to do!

if you type this...

simenu and press enter..... and look for the access section in the menu that appears. Turn on vanilla for now so it's ticked, this will help you get past any accidents later. Once both experienced with escaping any traps that catch you, you can turn this off.

on the RLV menu (press Back to see it)... click relay and set it to Ask, make sure helpless is turned off.

on the access menu, click the +owner button and select her from the list, this gives her the ability to also call up simenu and act as an owner

her typing silock will lock the collar on, typing siunlock will unlock it

her typing sileash will leash you, typing siunleash will unleash, typing silength 10 will set the leash length to 10 meters

To start maybe she might find a remote control hud easier. Temple of the Collar has one. But everything that can do can be done as commands. To start look at https://www.opencollar.at/manual.html

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 3

An important one for you Silver. If you ever get trapped or messed up and you and your friend can't clear it up...

Turn off RLVa in your SL preferences menu
Relog
Detach the collar and move to safety
Turn on RLVa in your SL preferences menu
Relog again

This is basic safety, but you should only do this with permission of course. Stay calm, nothing can really hurt you. If something goes very wrong, log out for a bit.

There are a lot of more experienced people here who can offer you far better advice, I hope they assist you too :) 

Oh, you might have a problem if its a vd aka virtual disgrace collar(which is not an OC collar but a fork of OC), Wendy removed most of the couples animations from one of her releases and only recently mentioned on her blog that she was adding some of them back. So if you have a p9 without the most recent update you won't have couples animations but pet me. She will still be able to leash you and force sit you or force tp you and many of the other rlv restrictions

Another thing is did you add her to the collar as owner or trusted? if not she won't be able to access the collar until you do.. there are several ways in doing this and only you can do this for the first time. afterwards, if she is owner she can add other owners or trusted or put you to the public or group access.

oh remember bdsm is always about consent, YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT AND CHOICE to log out of rlv if you need to or feel like it. If she gets mad or threatens punishment for having to turn off rlv for some reason or safewording either by the relay in the collar or the global collar safeword it just means she might be domineering and may be unsafe/abusive as a domme. you do not just have to log out or wait for her to clear up the problem as some will try and get you to think or do. just communicate with her why you did. for if you log in with rlv off your collar will let her know you did. so be ready to explain why. so it is simpler to use the safeword. oh and using the global safeword will let her know you used it too.

to use the collar safeword you can do it by clicking on the collar and going to the rlv menu and then clicking 'clear all' or you can do it by chat command by using prefix yoursafeword in local chat, meaning whatever the safeword is, which is different in a vd collar from an OC collar. you can also use ((safeword)) if using firestorm and you have enabled ooc and this will trigger the collar safeword clearing all restrictions at that point.

oh and the remote hud that the temple(the temple is not OC it is vd) has is not free you have to buy it, whereas if you use an OC collar you can get the remote hud for free and a collar for free from many of its distributors.

oh vanilla should be on by default in a vd collar and can only be disabled by the wearer and can be renabled at any time by the wearer unless the settings are changed in the nc to give that control back to the owner. whereas in an OC collar the moment you add an owner it will turn off ownself and the wearer cannot turn it back on, only the owner can.

you cannot be physically hurt by anything but you can experience emotional or psychological/mental pain or anxiety or fear if you are not used to rlv and what it can do or have an abusive dom/me or take what happens in sl as real and not just as role play. remember this is your sl, its about what you want out of it and like more than what anyone else wants you to do first.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, Callum Meriman said:

An important one for you Silver. If you ever get trapped or messed up and you and your friend can't clear it up...

Turn off RLVa in your SL preferences menu
Relog
Detach the collar and move to safety
Turn on RLVa in your SL preferences menu
Relog again

This is basic safety, but you should only do this with permission of course. Stay calm, nothing can really hurt you. If something goes very wrong, log out for a bit.

There are a lot of more experienced people here who can offer you far better advice, I hope they assist you too :) 

This is for sure something you should know and can always do.

But in most cases it is much easier to get out of unwanted "trapped" situations:

The safe word: RED

By default (and in Peanut 9 Collars this is always an option,  we added that when we tried to make the safe word in general more known by adding FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN as default safe word to draw attention there :) )

So if you say in local RED or in case you got chat restricted (( RED )) this will release you from RLV restrictions and you should be able to TP away to safety.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:15 AM, Garvin Twine said:

So if you say in local RED or in case you got chat restricted (( RED )) this will release you from RLV restrictions and you should be able to TP away to safety.

To the Op, you have to also be aware of not just being chat restricted(blocked, unable to talk) but if being chat redirected too through whatever device might have you captured. There are some products in the mp that can do this and even prevent you from touching the collar to use the button on the collar menu to use your safeword. Depending upon the client you use, you may still be able to use ((OOC)) to access the safeword, in this case simply being ((RED)). Not all RLV enabled clients though allow OOC. Such as Marine Kelly's new hardcore RLV, it disables OOC and cannot be enabled in it, nor can you disable rlv in that client either. So would need access to another client to log in with rlv off at that point.

You mentioned you were on mobile. I am assuming its Lumiya? If so I am not sure if lumiya supports ((OOC)). But one safe feature about Lumiya is that you can turn off rlv in the options menu and not have to relog after doing so, whereas most other pc based clients will force you to relog to get out of rlv at that point. In Lumiya you can enable and disable rlv as often as needed or wanted at any point in time. The moment you do it will clear all restrictions set upon you, the same as using your safeword. Another bonus added about how Lumiya handles rlv is that if you disable it after logging in, it won't cause a collar to do the normal notification to your owner that you logged in with rlv off either.

So you would log in with rlv on in lumiya, then turn it off, then not worry about that notification being sent. for if you didn't know if you log in with rlv off and have an owner set they are notified that you logged in with rlv off. Which for some people is just a source of drama...at which point you do whatever you want until your owner logs in then you turn rlv back on. and they will never know except for whatever restrictions they had set are now cleared off. oh you will want to remove the collar while playing around if you tp, it will ask you to turn rlv back on at some point.