4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

These were popularized by black rappers in the 80’s and 90’s,

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, I should have specified America. My bad! 

In America, tracksuits started being worn outside of sports in the 60s and became incredibly popular in the 70s.  The shell suit, a tracksuit made out of nylon, came in the late 80s and was popular with the hip hop and break-dancing scene.  The return of fabric track suits in the 90s is attributed to rappers.

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Well its not like we do not have baths here :)

Just the bathroom and toilet are usually separated. Sometimes the bathroom also has an extra toilet, but the toilet is generally a separated "room".

In the US, sometimes the toilet is in a separate room from the rest of the bath/vanity area, but usually only in the master bathroom within a master bedroom.  Many homes will also have a room with just a toilet and sink, often referred to as the 'powder room' - and as Love mentioned, for real estate purposes, it is considered a "1/2 bathroom".

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In America, tracksuits started being worn outside of sports in the 60s and became incredibly popular in the 70s.  The shell suit, a tracksuit made out of nylon, came in the late 80s and was popular with the hip hop and break-dancing scene.  The return of fabric track suits in the 90s is attributed to rappers.

I remember. They were also referred to as pantsuits. They were really popular among the grammar school kids in the 90s. Middling daughter wore them all the time in winter.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In the US, sometimes the toilet is in a separate room from the rest of the bath/vanity area, but usually only in the master bathroom within a master bedroom.  Many homes will also have a room with just a toilet and sink, often referred to as the 'powder room' - and as Love mentioned, for real estate purposes, it is considered a "1/2 bathroom".

And a bathroom with just a bath/shower and sink but no toilet, that would be 2/3 bathroom? :)

3 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

And a bathroom with just a bath/shower and sink but no toilet, that would be 2/3 bathroom? :)

Nope. Still a half bath. There are only two terms, full bath and half bath.

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Nope. Still a half bath. There are only two terms, full bath and half bath.

I have two half bathrooms then, but no bath... this is getting confusing

15 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I have two half bathrooms then, but no bath... this is getting confusing

https://www.realtor.com/advice/sell/if-i-take-out-the-tub-does-a-bathroom-still-count-as-a-full-bath/

While there are two main terms used, there is another but it isn't 2/3, it's 3/4.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
need moar coffee
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I've never seen a house with a bathroom without a toilet, in the US anyway.  For US real estate, I'm not sure it even counts as a bathroom if it doesn't have a toilet. Even the rooms where the toilet is separated, it is still considered to be part of the bathroom itself, just with a door between it and the main part of the bathroom.  

The usual configurations are: 
  Full Bath - Toilet, sink, bathtub, shower (shower can be within the tub or separte).
  3/4 Bath - Toilet, sink, shower without tub or tub without shower
  1/2 Bath - Toilet and sink only

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

The usual configurations are: 
  Full Bath - Toilet, sink, bathtub, shower (shower can be within the tub or separte).
  3/4 Bath - Toilet, sink, shower without tub or tub without shower (though very few of the tub w/out shower setups exist)
  1/2 Bath - Toilet and sink only

So if my baffroom has both tub and separate shower (and sink and toilet), it still only counts as full baff?

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So if my baffroom has both tub and separate shower (and sink and toilet), it still only counts as full baff?

Yep

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep

Not fair, there should be a point where after you add a beeday, spa, and stuff that it’s >1!

What if you have an outhouse, a well or pump on the yard, and a bucket?

Bildresultat för dass

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've never seen a house with a bathroom without a toilet, in the US anyway

I have a WC with just the toilet and a sink, and a separate (not just a door, really separate) a bathroom with a shower and sink. Quite common here. Funny how that can be so different.

9 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I have a WC with just the toilet and a sink, and a separate (not just a door, really separate) a bathroom with a shower and sink. Quite common here. Funny how that can be so different.

What you have, in US terms, is one full bath if the rooms are connected. If they are completely separate (like in different parts of the home) then you would have 2 half baths. 

I am White both in SL and in RL. My Online Sister is Black in RL and in SL. Sweetest person ever. Her SL hubby, Also black in RL and in SL is one of my best friends. He has a ton of black family on SL....its not that rare if you know where to find them. All the ones I know are friggin AWESOME and love to have fun.

• Like 1

I am black and new to SL looking for a community to join and make friends. I am trying to be more social on here then RL. 

• Like 1

Right here queen anyone reading this feel free to add me and say hello in world. Also let me know this is where you found me from. 

• Like 1