10 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Might want to back that horse up a bit and re-read a post. I believe the last sentence in the post is the one you want to take a gander at.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/430309-where-are-all-the-black-people/?tab=comments#comment-1825522

Completely offtopic; but you gotta love mods that delete a post for being offensive/offtopic but don't then clean up the replies that quote said inappropriate post.

4 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Might want to re-read what i wrote... She edited that line in. 

The post I linked was not the post she started the thread with.

2 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Completely offtopic; but you gotta love mods that delete a post for being offensive/offtopic but don't then clean up the replies that quote said inappropriate post.

I don't understand your statement. That is precisely what did happen to me in this thread on my very first post on the first page. A mod did edit the quote out of my post.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

3 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I don't think your using cringy in the way you mean to. How exactly do you know she wasnt trying to relate to me? Where have i said what skin color i have? Thats one of the great things about SL, your RL can have no association to SL.

Also, with all of the side comments between people here, you decide to keep saying I am off topic? Wow.  

Yeah, you’re being cringy and now a little condescending and that’s twice.

She pretty clearly asked for a harmless thing and you’re trying to twist it into some weird thing that it’s not. For some reason these kind of topics bring out a really defensive reaction in people. 

That is all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't understand your statement. That is precisely what did happen to me in this thread on my very first post on the first page. A mod did edit the quote out of my post.

Oh really? My mistake. I just saw that the post you linked contains a full verbatim quote of a Klytyna Rant (TM), yet her post itself got deleted. Yet your post several posts down did indeed have the quote removed... got to love consistency :D

3 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Oh really? My mistake. I just saw that the post you linked contains a full verbatim quote of a Klytyna Rant (TM), yet her post itself got deleted. Yet your post several posts down did indeed have the quote removed... got to love consistency :D

hmmm... seems there must have been another post that got deleted then. I don't recall quoting anything Klytyna said. Then again, I don't recall who it was that I quoted. I'm pretty sure it wasn't her though. On the other hand, I don't always remember to eat breakfast so there't that. :$

I don’t think it was just Klytyna’s post that was deleted. It was a series of flamey posts between her and someone that the quoted post kick off that got deleted.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Might want to re-read what i wrote... She edited that line in. 

The same day she posted it, which was 2 1/2 months before your first post in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

We were poor, perhaps you missed that. we didn't have the latest fashion, or backpacks, our clothing was hand me down. You just love to pick and choose what to read out of my posts.

I wasn't the one who was saying they didn't like people calling themselves "hyphenated-Americans." Your conditions caused you to have an identity that was a subset of the people who lived in that city. Perhaps it might be that the conditions that come with certain ethnicities make people consider themselves a subset of their base nationalities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I don’t think it was just Klytyna’s post that was deleted. It was a series of flamey posts between her and someone that the quoted post kick off that got deleted.

Thank you for refreshing my memory. It was definitely the "someone" that I quoted.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
refres with an h
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I don't think your using cringy in the way you mean to. How exactly do you know she wasnt trying to relate to me? Where have i said what skin color i have?

Here (a bit after you defended a person for using a quote from a proudly Neo-Nazi band in their profile.)

On 6/4/2018 at 5:27 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

That would be because of Germanys anti-nazi laws. We believe in a little thing called Freedom of Speech in the US. Aside from a quote from a band in his profile, did he actually say anything racist? Is there really any difference between what this song says and what the Black Power Movement says? Why should he not be proud to be white? I am. None of my ancestors owned slaves, although several of them were slaves. I have Irish Gypsies in my ancestry, do you have any idea how they were treated? At one point in time every race was enslaved by another. Hell, whites were enslaved by other whites, in all but name. The things the English did to the Irish, Scots, Indians, and Chinese were atrocious. 

This, this is just words. Harmless ones at that. If you are that offended by lyrics in a profile,  you need to get off the internet. And i dont mean you specifically. The general "you."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is so old, so tired as to be unbelievable!  My  first comment is to the lady that originally  posed this question.  Suppose for a second that you   went to some of the  groups and places mentioned on an avi that you believe is black.    If you did, you could certainly tell if it is a parcel full of posers or a parcel of black people. Especially  if you are black. I know, *I* can.   It is not even a problem. 

I hear so often  that 1)  There are not many black ppl  in sl and 2 ) Most of the 'black' people is SL are actually white ppl  'playing' black.   Here are the facts.  There are  thousands of  black ppl on SL!   Here is a test that you can perform.  Actually three.    This will require some knowledge of black ppl so that these testd can be preformed.  Black ppl, regardless of where they  are from,  have a certain 'flavor. That is, we act  differently  from white ppl!   Its a fact,   A white person can  pull it off or a  second but your world is too different, your likes are too different and you can't stand to be us, like we can't stand to be y'all!  2)  When I was young,  my mother would have me go to the door and talk through the closed door and come back  and tell her  who it was,  Was it a black person or a white person?  I could tell  the race of the person by age 5.  We  sound different, the timbre of out vocal cords are different.   And we all  voice in here or have that opportunity. And  lastly.  All men here can get pictures of woman and I'm black and have hundreds of ladies pictures!  97% of all ladies that say they are black are black and believe this,  a full 2%  of white women playing black in SL, really identify as black, act black and the white community here in SL  don't know them because they are never ever in the white community.  1% are posers and we  just put up with them or watch in amusement as they act black to  pull white women.

Plus  we don't really listen to your music just as you don't listen to  ours.   You put up with it!  No , white people can't  pull off being black,  its just too hard.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

14 hours ago, CosmoPecan Kawabata said:

This topic is so old, so tired as to be unbelievable!  My  first comment is to the lady that originally  posed this question.  Suppose for a second that you   went to some of the  groups and places mentioned on an avi that you believe is black.    If you did, you could certainly tell if it is a parcel full of posers or a parcel of black people. Especially  if you are black. I know, *I* can.   It is not even a problem. 

I hear so often  that 1)  There are not many black ppl  in sl and 2 ) Most of the 'black' people is SL are actually white ppl  'playing' black.   Here are the facts.  There are  thousands of  black ppl on SL!   Here is a test that you can perform.  Actually three.    This will require some knowledge of black ppl so that these testd can be preformed.  Black ppl, regardless of where they  are from,  have a certain 'flavor. That is, we act  differently  from white ppl!   Its a fact,   A white person can  pull it off or a  second but your world is too different, your likes are too different and you can't stand to be us, like we can't stand to be y'all!  2)  When I was young,  my mother would have me go to the door and talk through the closed door and come back  and tell her  who it was,  Was it a black person or a white person?  I could tell  the race of the person by age 5.  We  sound different, the timbre of out vocal cords are different.   And we all  voice in here or have that opportunity. And  lastly.  All men here can get pictures of woman and I'm black and have hundreds of ladies pictures!  97% of all ladies that say they are black are black and believe this,  a full 2%  of white women playing black in SL, really identify as black, act black and the white community here in SL  don't know them because they are never ever in the white community.  1% are posers and we  just put up with them or watch in amusement as they act black to  pull white women.

Plus  we don't really listen to your music just as you don't listen to  ours.   You put up with it!  No , white people can't  pull off being black,  its just too hard.

865-1460868995.gif.1edcf6a82eeb8fa112ea5d495835ac63.gif

On 2/14/2019 at 3:55 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Describe to us a time when you had difficulty finding other Caucasian European males in Second Life.

Not being snarky - but about 50% of the time when I DJ its to an all female dancefloor 🙂

I'm also yet to see people sitting on the swings in trackies drinking cans of special brew, so I know all about cultural isolation. 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:48 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

I'm also yet to see people sitting on the swings in trackies drinking cans of special brew, so I know all about cultural isolation. 

This painted such a nice mental picture that I kind of feel I should do a photo like that. However, mind if I do some minor changes, such as:

• Instead of a swing, I'm thinking a winged back chair in either black leather or a damask textile.
  • Instead of trackies (ew!), I'm thinking either: silk shirt, velvet brocade vest and a ruffled cravat - or maybe something a little more casual like: pinstriped 3-piece suit with a snazzy tie. Willing to do English Grey tweed, if elbow patches are provided.
  • Instead of a canned special brew: whisky in a cut crystal glass, and perhaps a cigar or pipe?

9 minutes ago, Orwar said:

This painted such a nice mental picture that I kind of feel I should do a photo like that. However, mind if I do some minor changes, such as:

• Instead of a swing, I'm thinking a winged back chair in either black leather or a damask textile.
  • Instead of trackies (ew!), I'm thinking either: silk shirt, velvet brocade vest and a ruffled cravat - or maybe something a little more casual like: pinstriped 3-piece suit with a snazzy tie. Willing to do English Grey tweed, if elbow patches are provided.
  • Instead of a canned special brew: whisky in a cut crystal glass, and perhaps a cigar or pipe?

Oxfords or Brogues? 

Just now, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Oxfords or Brogues? 

Oxfords. I don't currently possess a pair of brogues, I'm afraid. 

39 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Fear not.

But what if the dress code says 'brogues' on the next party I'm invi-- Oh. Yeah, never mind.

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

something a little more casual like: pinstriped 3-piece suit with a snazzy tie.

Wait. What? When did 3-piece suits become casual wear? I missed something didn't I.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wait. What? When did 3-piece suits become casual wear? I missed something didn't I.

It’s like when TV sitcom mothers used to wear their pearls around the house.

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It’s like when TV sitcom mothers used to wear their pearls around the house.

We must not have watched the same sitcoms. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2019 at 5:48 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

Nothing wrong with trackies, I have 17 sets but got them for the jackets.

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

trackies

What the?

I do wish people would use plain English rather than slang. Not everyone knows (or cares) what slang words mean. 

I mean, are we talking track suits, sweat suits, tennis shoes, sneakers (there are differences) or even gym shorts? Does "trackies" even have anything to do with sports or exercise? Are these people sitting on swings in their pajamas or bathrobes? 

And please, don't tell me to go look it up on Urban Dictionary. That site is a cess pool, imo.

• Like 1