Buying Lindens

GuardianNikki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I recently tried to buy lindens with my debit card that's been bind to my sl account for years. I tried buying some lindens jut the other day and today, but it didn't go through. I removed my card  from my account to rebind it but its not going through. I read a similar post about binding a card failing and what not. This is funny to me as I just uploaded money on my account just last month with my debit card. I don't have a bank account nor use paypal, as for skrillet I don't even know what that is.

So my question is, did SL officially take off being able to use debit cards and is enforcing using only credit(bank) cards, paypal, and this skrillet (i think that's what it's called) in order to upload money?

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, GuardianNikki said:

So I recently tried to buy lindens with my debit card that's been bind to my sl account for years. I tried buying some lindens jut the other day and today, but it didn't go through. I removed my card  from my account to rebind it but its not going through. I read a similar post about binding a card failing and what not. This is funny to me as I just uploaded money on my account just last month with my debit card. I don't have a bank account nor use paypal, as for skrillet I don't even know what that is.

So my question is, did SL officially take off being able to use debit cards and is enforcing using only credit(bank) cards, paypal, and this skrillet (i think that's what it's called) in order to upload money?

You just got lucky your debit card lasted as long as it did.

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You just got lucky your debit card lasted as long as it did.

I guess I did get lucky after 2011, Cause I changed it twice since then. I guess it was because it was one of the cards they have listed that is accepted for payment. Well now I have to go make a bank account, sine I can't use my card. 

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by GuardianNikki
Typed in wrong bracket.

3 minutes ago, GuardianNikki said:

I guess I did get lucky after 2011, Cause I changed it twice since then. I guess it was because it was one of the cards they have listed that is accepted for payment. Well now I have to go make a bank account, sine I can't use my card. 

Thanks for the reply.

You might be able to link your card to a paypal account and keep the paypal account funded with enough credit to cover your L$ purchases.  

Try Cindy's advice...open a PayPal account and then "verify" it by linking your debit card to the account.  Then register it as your payment method with LL.  Be sure to actually keep enough money *in the PayPal account* to meet your SL bills.

Skrill is another service like PayPal.  Here's their web site: https://www.skrill.com/en/

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You might be able to link your card to a paypal account and keep the paypal account funded with enough credit to cover your L$ purchases.  

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Try Cindy's advice...open a PayPal account and then "verify" it by linking your debit card to the account.  Then register it as your payment method with LL.  Be sure to actually keep enough money *in the PayPal account* to meet your SL bills.

Skrill is another service like PayPal.  Here's their web site: https://www.skrill.com/en/

Thanks I already have a paypal just never linked anything to it since thought it needed to be done through the bank. So I'll Try it out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.