How do I find the source of a hover text?

zyluna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On my property something ended up leaving a hover text that says "loading 84%".  I have checked the scripted items in the area and reset their scripts in case something got hung up in the process.  It is still hanging there annoying the heck out of me.  Other than clearing the land and starting over...is there any way to find that object that is causing it?

4 answers to this question

You need a script to start hover text or to stop it, but you do not need a script to keep it going.  Much of the time, if I want to add hover text for quickie labeling, I do it with a dirt simple script and then delete the script once the text is visible.  You can locate the prim that has hover text over it by simply camming around at the text, zooming in until it is really small, and then identifying the prim that's right under it.  To kill it, drop a basic scrubber script in that prim (assuming that you have mod perms):

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetText("",<1,1,1>,0.0);
        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
    }
}

y

1 hour ago, zyluna said:

The scrubber worked!  Thanks.  I discovered it was a path bridge that was animated, I doubled it and removed the animations from one then linked the two.  So something was left over I did not see.  

It is a prim property, if you remove content the hovertext will stay there - that is why you need the scrubber.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:33 PM, zyluna said:

On my property something ended up leaving a hover text that says "loading 84%".  I have checked the scripted items in the area and reset their scripts in case something got hung up in the process.  It is still hanging there annoying the heck out of me.  Other than clearing the land and starting over...is there any way to find that object that is causing it?

well, you could have always found the item with the text and returned it, deleted it or if was your own taken it back to inventory. you can always see everything that's in the area by using area search in fs, it pretty much will list every item in the area, then you can click on each one in the list and zoom to it or other choices depending upon if it's yours or not. once finding the offensive item, decide what to do next.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.