Questions for viewer developers

chibiusa Ling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, iv been playing around with the LL viewer and its settings and actually getting quite into it. Not coding anything, though im seriously debating learning C++ right now,  just modifying xml's and adding new textures. Experimenting basically.

My questions are as follows :

1. So, im trying to create a dark theme, as in darker than the current grey, and so far I have managed to get most things to go darker but one thing is eluding me. The toolbar at the bottom that contains the buttons Speak, Inventory.etc etc will not change colour at all. I looked inside default/textures/toolbar_icons and see the two texture files highlighting.png and highlighting_selection.png. These two match up to the colour of the default button backing and when its highlighted. I made these darker but they are not changing when I restart the viewer. Have I definitely got the right two files for this?. 

2. Curious about fonts. It is possible to change the fonts and font colour?. If so where in the SLV files would I find this. Curious really to see just exactly what I can change without having to learn C++

Do you know about the XUI preview tool?
It will save you a ton of time when tweaking skins & UI.
On the LL viewer, at the login screen, enable the Debug menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+D.
Debug -> XUI Preview Tool.

You can make edits to the xml files & see the changes in real time.

Also note on Firestorm you can also access the XUI Preview tool when logged inworld: DEveloper -> XUI -> XUI Preview Tool.

Another handy trick is Developer (Develop on the LL viewer) -> XUI -> Show XUI names.
This will show you the file locations of the part of the UI you hover the mouse over.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Do you know about the XUI preview tool?
It will save you a ton of time when tweaking skins & UI.
On the LL viewer, at the login screen, enable the Debug menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+D.
Debug -> XUI Preview Tool.

You can make edits to the xml files & see the changes in real time.

Also note on Firestorm you can also access the XUI Preview tool when logged inworld: DEveloper -> XUI -> XUI Preview Tool.

Another handy trick is Developer (Develop on the LL viewer) -> XUI -> Show XUI names.
This will show you the file locations of the part of the UI you hover the mouse over.

Neat, thank you. Muchly appreciated!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.