High speed rail in SL Mainland and the . by LDPW with road-Accessible LDPW Ferry Ports Supporting GTFO Cargo

AnukManeewong1260

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope There's Upcoming High Speed Train by LDPW Moles in the Satori Region,Nautilus,Corsica that I wished very well with Electrified Rail constructed by LDPW Moles. runs from West to East in Satori and Corsica and the South to North in Nautilus. connecting point to point. the LDPW railcar speed is 160 km/h. and no need driver to control the train. like YavaScript Pods.

560000009896401.JPEG

and There's LDPW Road Accessible Ferry Port constructed near water. you can teleport the car from ferry to Ferry (ETS2 Ferry Style) like Teleportable Satori Tunnel. with Parking and LDPW Road Access are build in the Waterfront. Especially Jeogeot,Nautilus,Nautlius City,Corsica,Gaeta V and the Satori.

latest?cb=20160201224358

These Things are used for the December-January SL Town Hall Meeting. very good idea by me. to Second Life Employees and Moles!.

Edited by AnukManeewong1260
Editing ETS2 Ferry Picture Size. Bigger. Easier to Read. :)

• 2 weeks later...

No.

We don't need more Linden-sponsored railroads in SL.

We have BUNCHES of them that are mainly empty most of the time except for the nuisance unmanned vehicles that keep spawning.

No one has asked for this except for a few diehard rail fans that have the Lindens' ear. That's not a reason to mar the view everywhere.

It's especially wrong to inflict these view-killers and laggers merely for the sake of helping some resident business called GTFO (!) which has littered the map everywhere

and which is also seldom used.

Please, Lindens, let common sense and fairness prevail here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 10:28 PM, Fionalein said:

I would be highly displeased to see the LDPW supporting a private game like GTFO, especially with the way it's creator behaves.

i have no idea who this creator is, but why ever would LL get into a public spaces support partnership with anyone who names their enterprise as GTFO?  Is mind boggling to even consider

it might be that this creator has a comprehensive train running system but GTFO ?! really !? seriously ?!

• Like 3

I don't understand. The "I hope" and "I wished very well" are followed by language that sounds as if things are already happening, e.g.: "These Things are used for the December-January SL Town Hall Meeting." Huh?

Anyway, personally I think we have about the right amount of rail in SL now. I don't think anybody who wants to ride the rails is ever discouraged by traffic congestion on the SLRR. I guess I wouldn't object if a bunch of landowners cleared a path and dedicated tier to running more track somewhere -- perhaps a different system that appears "high speed" somehow, yet still successfully crosses region borders enough of the time to be interesting. But in general the more spread-out the geography, the less likely folks with similar interests will encounter one another.

Once in a great while I notice what seems to be a GTFO vehicle go past on the SLRR, but it's pretty rare, despite all the markings on the map. I simply don't understand enough about the objectives of that system to know if that's the amount of traffic they'd hoped to generate, or if such a metric is even a priority.

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

transport efficiency? .... sorry but explain that please

aka. Transport System Efficiency requires the designing of this system for the High Speed Rail and The Ferry Dock. to use With on The SL Mainland Infrastructure in terms of the LDPW's Constuction work take place at the Construction Site.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If LL ever gets their act together and fixes region crossings to work reliably, we could do a lot more with transportation in SL.  Flying is especially unreliable, and no vehicle with a lot of passengers can reliably cross even a few sim boundaries.

One of my back burner projects is a train that goes through a tunnel and emerges on another continent.  Use experience teleports to move the avatars into corresponding seats on  an identical train at the receiving end. New Babbage has train service to other sims which starts the trip in a train and teleports you, but at the destination end, it just dumps you on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

can already go high speed along the SLRR if your connection is fast enough to keep you on your train. I have seen many VRC freebie trains go past me at like 200 km/h with no operator.
Its only suggested to go 0.50 vrc (or 50% throttle) through sim crossings to reduce the chances of losing your train but the SLRR has no enforced max speed right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, VenKellie said:

I have seen many VRC freebie trains go past me at like 200 km/h with no operator.

so you say those are able to pass roughtly about 780 x 2 (= out sim x, in sim y / out sim y in sim z ) simborders a hour without problems with avatars crashing ... quite unbelievable if you ask me

11 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

so you say those are able to pass roughtly about 780 x 2 (= out sim x, in sim y / out sim y in sim z ) simborders a hour without problems with avatars crashing ... quite unbelievable if you ask me

I often blast through sim borders on SLRR in Heterocera. The creators always recommend no more than 50% throttle, I often crank it up to 80% and even 100% a few times. The time it takes to cross is about the same, but I never get unseated or crash (except for the same sims that seem to always do it, no matter how fast you cross over). Now, I don't know how fast all that stuff is in SL nerd-speak terms, but it's at least as fast as you can fly, perhaps faster still.

//justsaying

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 1:36 AM, Ethan Paslong said:

what im saying that it is possible but never seen someone achieve it yet. all i have seen is empty freebie VRC trains going past me at 3.00 to 5.00, had to cam onto the runaway train to see what the speed was set at.

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 2:58 PM, animats said:

One of my back burner projects is a train that goes through a tunnel and emerges on another continent.  Use experience teleports to move the avatars into corresponding seats on  an identical train at the receiving end. New Babbage has train service to other sims which starts the trip in a train and teleports you, but at the destination end, it just dumps you on the ground.

East River's transit network does something like this. They want to go underground, but can't really tunnel because they're at ground level and sometimes need to cross Linden roads.. So they move the vehicles up to a tube in the sky, where they travel to the destination area. Then they're moved back down into a tunnel exit area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

East River's transit network does something like this. They want to go underground, but can't really tunnel because they're at ground level and sometimes need to cross Linden roads.. So they move the vehicles up to a tube in the sky, where they travel to the destination area. Then they're moved back down into a tunnel exit area.

I wondered how they did that, it feels like magic riding them

5 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I wondered how they did that, it feels like magic riding them

east river uses the TBM tram system, available on the marketplace and in world, it uses a special kind of script, the TBM trams can work on the SLRR if you change the description of the tram from ==TBM== Guide to just Guide but its mostly designed to run on its own track. It also comes with its own special prims that when the tram detects the prim, it gets data, or commands, from that special prim that tells the tram of what to do like teleport to a height of 4000 meters or stop and open the left side doors.
Second Norway uses the same system as East River.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.