help please

SirenCliodhna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have a few problems 

1. I have just got a home through becoming a premium member and im trying to set it up how do i hang curtains etc

2. I am trying to rez things like furniture in my home but it wont let me says the owner does not give my permission

3. the owner is set to mayor lindon or something like that how can i change it to myself

yes im still kind of new to the game

First make sure that you are inside the house when you try to rez a furnishing item, and then try to rez it right buy your feet, so that you're sure to be trying to rez it within the house boundaries.  You can always edit it after it's rezzed to position it where you want it.  This is a good method especially for things that will end up over windows or on the walls.  

When you are inside the house (or on the porch or deck depending on the house style) and bring up "About Land", it should show you as the owner.  If it doesn't, then I would doublecheck that you're in the right house.  On the "World" menu, select "My Land Holdings", which brings up a "My Land" box.  You should see a line there for your Linden Home.  If you highlight that line, a "teleport" button becomes active, and you can click on that to teleport to your home.   

If you do that, and it does put you (or leave you) in the home where you cannot rez items because you are not the owner of the land, then I would use the "Live Chat" support  option tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Moirakathleen has covered most of it.  The part she left for others is about the curtains.  That part's fairly easy, once you get the hang of using your edit tools.  So, before you try fiddling with something important, I suggest practicing on an expendable plywood cube. 

1. Click the Build icon on your task bar or type CTRL + 3 to open the editor.  Your cursor icon should now look like a magic wand.  If it doesn't, look at the top row of icons on the editor's General page and click the one that looks like a magic wand.  That's your "Rez a Prim" tool.

2. Click someplace safe, like the middle of the floor.  A plywood cube should appear.

3. Now, right click on that cube and select EDIT to select it.  You should see red, green, and blue arrows intersecting in the middle of the cube.

4. Use your mouse to left click/hold/drag the cube by one of those arrows.  See?  You can move it.

5.  Now try holding down the CTRL key.  The arrows should be replaced by a set of red, green and blue circles that intersect in the middle of the cube.

6. Again, use your mouse to left-click/hold and drag on one of those circles --gently! -- to rotate the cube.  See?

That's all there is to it, although it takes some practice to move and rotate things gently and carefully.  Once you think you have practiced enough, rez your curtains and try moving and rotating them.  With patience and perseverence, your should be able to put them where you want them. For more detailed help, read

To develop another useful useful skill -- camera control -- see 

By mastering both sets of skills, you will be able to hang curtains like a pro.

• Like 2

There should be a control panel just inside your door. Just click/touch it and a box will show up with a webpage addresses on it. Click that address, a webpage should open where you can control and change things (like window style). You can choose a closed window style...  easier than positioning curtain at first moving in. Controls for fireplace and lock is in it too, plus different floor and wall styles. Just much to adjust at anytime you feel changes are wanted

• Like 1

Siren,

There are two possible reasons that you can't rez objects in your home.

1.  You're trying to do it too close to the land parcel's border.  Linden Homes are on 512 sq. m. parcels, and the house takes up pretty much the entire land parcel.  Try standing near the center of the room and rez the object there, not next to the wall.

2.  You might not actually be IN your home.  Linden Homes all look alike, and if the parcel you're on says it's owned by "Governor Linden", then it's not the home you were assigned.  Go to your Dashboard page on this website and look at Land Manager > My Mainland.  That will give you the coordinates of your Linden Home.  Click the "Location" information to get a "SLURL" map, and click that to teleport, or be logged in to, that location.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Siren,

1.  You're trying to do it too close to the land parcel's border.  Linden Homes are on 512 sq. m. parcels, and the house takes up pretty much the entire land parcel.  Try standing near the center of the room and rez the object there, not next to the wall.

2.  You might not actually be IN your home.  Linden Homes all look alike, and if the parcel you're on says it's owned by "Governor Linden", then it's not the home you were assigned.  Go to your Dashboard page on this website and look at Land Manager > My Mainland.  That will give you the coordinates of your Linden Home.  Click the "Location" information to get a "SLURL" map, and click that to teleport, or be logged in to, that location.

thanks for answering me yes I was trying to do it inside the middle of the room and secondly I used the link in there to get to my place and it took me there even allowed me to change the name but still says owner is Govenor Linden

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Siren,

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, TechDave said:

There should be a control panel just inside your door. Just click/touch it and a box will show up with a webpage addresses on it. Click that address, a webpage should open where you can control and change things (like window style). You can choose a closed window style...  easier than positioning curtain at first moving in. Controls for fireplace and lock is in it too, plus different floor and wall styles. Just much to adjust at anytime you feel changes are wanted

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, TechDave said:

thanks TechDave yes I found that but it goes to loading the page but it doesn't I get a message instead reading ooops there was an error

cpanel.JPG

So possibly the two observations are connected.  Live Chat has a great tool kit for fixing jammed control panels, and they can deal with other Linden Homes questions too.  When they're open tomorrow, give them a try.  It's all part of your Premium support package.

14 hours ago, SirenCliodhna said:

thanks for answering me yes I was trying to do it inside the middle of the room and secondly I used the link in there to get to my place and it took me there even allowed me to change the name but still says owner is Govenor Linden

How do you get that info? You might be clicking the land outside you parcel border (right click and "About Land"). Governor Linden is the owner of the land outside the house borders. Some linden homes cover the whole parcel area, so you cannot click the parcel's land - unless you know how to click the land under the house).

What to do then to get the parcel owner info is:

In the viewer menu click: "World, Parcel Details". That will give you the right info who is the owner of the parcel.
NOTE: The house itself is owned by Governor Linden, you own the parcel (i.e land where the house stands).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Live Chat has a great tool kit for fixing jammed control panels, and they can deal with other Linden Homes questions too.  When they're open tomorrow, give them a try.  It's all part of your Premium support package.

Because it needs to be said again.

[eta]
Here is a link to live chat for Premium members.

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, moirakathleen said:

First make sure that you are inside the house when you try to rez a furnishing item, and then try to rez it right buy your feet, so that you're sure to be trying to rez it within the house boundaries.  You can always edit it after it's rezzed to position it where you want it.  This is a good method especially for things that will end up over windows or on the walls.  

When you are inside the house (or on the porch or deck depending on the house style) and bring up "About Land", it should show you as the owner.  If it doesn't, then I would doublecheck that you're in the right house.  On the "World" menu, select "My Land Holdings", which brings up a "My Land" box.  You should see a line there for your Linden Home.  If you highlight that line, a "teleport" button becomes active, and you can click on that to teleport to your home.   

If you do that, and it does put you (or leave you) in the home where you cannot rez items because you are not the owner of the land, then I would use the "Live Chat" support  option tomorrow. 

Thanks Moira yes it left me where I was and yes I am going to talk to support now thank you everyone

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.