Realistically-Scaled Houses?

Tenomad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been searching high and low for a house for my land, but I'm finding that most houses I walk through are made for giants. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for shops that offer realistically-scaled houses... Hoping for an old fashioned Victorian style house but one not so big that I get lost in it. If you've a suggestion for a different style that is realistically-scaled, feel free to throw them at me as well.

1 hour ago, Tenomad said:

I've been searching high and low for a house for my land, but I'm finding that most houses I walk through are made for giants. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for shops that offer realistically-scaled houses... Hoping for an old fashioned Victorian style house but one not so big that I get lost in it. If you've a suggestion for a different style that is realistically-scaled, feel free to throw them at me as well.

buy one that is mod, you can change it to the size you want. Some functions might get a bit wonky by that. ( also when it's mesh the LI can change dramaticly)

There's a reason for the bigger sized houses ( no need to be extreme, but just larger) if a house is small your cam will contantly flip outdoor or in other rooms/walls.

It's hard to point to certain shops, there are so many, i would say, have a look at MP, and tp to the demo's inworld, i'm pretty sure you will find styles you look for.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 1

Unasked for shopping advice: when buying mesh houses zoom out a lot and see how they look from far away... this will get worse when you want to rescale them (You have no idea how LOD is going to to drop details earlier upon resize)

I have seen many fancy buildings in promo campaigns and so far this has kept me from getting any of them but a warehouse building kit... which might be an altarnative: Warehouses are already designed for giants, so usually the SL ones look quite right. There was a time in the 80s when living in a repurposed warehouse was an artist thing to do.

• Thanks 1

You could try Roost out. Their houses are scaled nicely, in my opinion. I can't recall at the time of posting this if they have a Victorian styled home, but all of their houses are on display in world. They take a good bit of prim, generally over 100, and their prices are really up there, but all their homes are great quality. 

You could also try Schultz Bros. They have a bunch of specific period styled houses, all of great quality and seem to also be scaled rather nicely. 

Edited by momomoonusagi
Typos+phone.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:25 AM, Fionalein said:

Unasked for shopping advice: when buying mesh houses zoom out a lot and see how they look from far away... this will get worse when you want to rescale them (You have no idea how LOD is going to to drop details earlier upon resize)

Oh, yes. Someone recently built a subdivision in Kama City. Eight identical unfurnished bungalows, with white picket fences and rental boxes. They're all see-through from my parcel next door.

7 minutes ago, animats said:

Oh, yes. Someone recently built a subdivision in Kama City. Eight identical unfurnished bungalows, with white picket fences and rental boxes. They're all see-through from my parcel next door.

Oh dear, they could not have hidden that flaw with a row of trees now, could they?

3 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

Try taking a look at Scarlet Creative, Hive, DaD Design, Barnesworth Anubis, etc. 

As mentioned above though, the online marketplace is your best friend when looking for most anything since it has such a wide range. 

What I don't like abotu Scarlet Creative is how many prims their homes have, even when the house looks kinda simple it's just so many. The ones I got from dust bunny are like around 40 prims each, they look small but they work amazingly for decorating and fitting on most land sizes.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.