Hide or change the birth date in SL

GaelGibson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Does it actually say "Birth" date in the viewer?  For me it's one of those things you always see but cannot recall for sure and I cannot check until I get home later.  If so then maybe it should be renamed to "Start" date instead.  This might stop people equating it with an actual avatar age as such.  Sometimes it's just the terminology that is the problem.

In Firestorm, legacy profile window shows "Born:".  The SL web profiles show "Second Life Birthdate".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lavalois said:

Funnily enough, this entire topic reminds me of our National Fruitcake in the Netherlands:

https://www.thisisinsider.com/dutch-man-emile-ratelband-wants-to-legally-change-his-age-to-49-2018-11

I truly laughed out loud when I read that article a few weeks ago.

14 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

wished they would allow it... i'd ask for getting 67.5 and retire  :)

^^ Yes, yes, yes - me too

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I'm still curious about OP's reasons.

I looked at his profile and his avatar is 4 years old, so he's not trying to hide being a noob. My guess is he wants to try and convince someone that his RL age is under 22 without implying that he joined SL before he was 18.

He wants to catfish someone, basically.

• Like 8

On 11/27/2018 at 4:37 AM, lavalois said:

Funnily enough, this entire topic reminds me of our National Fruitcake in the Netherlands:

https://www.thisisinsider.com/dutch-man-emile-ratelband-wants-to-legally-change-his-age-to-49-2018-11

he should just sign up for second life then he can be any age he wants to be

5 hours ago, Phorumities said:

ive seen avatars that are 11 years old yet they claim they are 21 in rl

oh you started when you were 10 in rl? yea right

I think we had a forum visitor a while back that actually claimed something like that -- they first signed up when they were 10 or 12 or 8 or something

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 5:23 PM, GaelGibson said:

I consider my age in SL  private,  and wish I'm able to hide it like we do with groups. I see no reason to left this details public. 

And I can't think of a single non sketchy reason as to why you would want to hide it? Were you doing some naughty things while you were underage???? Hmmm????

• Like 3

Don't care if I show my SL age or not, like me or not I won't lose sleep over it as at end of day I am happy being just myself and those that know me accept me for me. For reference seren hit 5 years few months back and this not my first SL account either.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 10:37 AM, lavalois said:

Our National Fruitcake got his ruling today. He is not allowed to lower his age because, unlike sex or name, rights and duties are tied to a person's age. I guess the same could be said for SL age, as quite a few places handle a 30 day age-limit for entry, or jobs require a certain avatar age before they will accept you.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2018 at 5:23 PM, GaelGibson said:

I consider my age in SL  private,  and wish I'm able to hide it like we do with groups. I see no reason to left this details public. 

I like to read profiles. Including the date when they joined sl, I don't look at it in a bad way, it's just nice to know. :) I was a new person once in sl and i know what it is like. :) It's ok don't worry. :) It's not a bad thing. Tc. :) I gotta go get something to eat. I'm so hungry. tc. :) 

So taking into consideration that after so long there is no solution to this im coming up with an idea. Accounts older than 5 years should get an option to hide sl birth on profile. That way you cant tell if the account is 15 years old or just 5. And you can get by telling lies to everyone. Hahaha

Edited by DashX Nemeth
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.