What can I do before submitting complaint ticket for non-delivery?

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I only received around 1/2 of the items in this dress I bought due to lag or something. I repeatedly submitted notecards and IMs to the creator but she is either ignoring me, never online, or not receiving IMs/notecards. It's been like over 3 months now. Should I submit a complaint ticket or is there something else I should try beforehand? There's no redelivery terminal at the store, and don't want to name the store and creator name in case that's against rules or whatever. Thanks.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to check out the creator's profile, including Picks, to see if there is a specific procedure to follow. Sometimes creators have assistants to handle the customer service issues, so it may be that there is actually somebody else that you need to message about your issue.

In her profile it simply says she is the one to talk to about customer service. And very limited info on customer service for that matter lol.

Should I even bother sending a ticket? It's over 3 months so I don't have the transaction history anymore. It wasn't anything expensive, and I'm not even sure if Lindens are even responsible for stuff like this (don't remember the last time I received any help from Lindens actually...).

I'd probably let it go, especially since it wasn't anything expensive, and just make sure never to purchase from that creator again (and warn all your friends to do the same!). I'm not sure that LL will get involved, and really, you've pretty much done all you can. I had the same thing happen once and I just finally walked away from it because it wasn't worth the aggravation. 

Suki Hirano wrote:

I only received around 1/2 of the items in this dress I bought due to lag or something. I repeatedly submitted notecards and IMs to the creator but she is either ignoring me, never online, or not receiving IMs/notecards. It's been like over 3 months now. Should I submit a complaint ticket or is there something else I should try beforehand? There's no redelivery terminal at the store, and don't want to name the store and creator name in case that's against rules or whatever. Thanks.

Unfortunately there really isn't a 'Complaint Ticket'. I found this out myself when something similar happened a few months back. Issues between merchants and customers are considered resident-to-resident issues, something LL consistently avoids.

You're quite right in naming no names; if that were permitted anyone could post false complaints here. Your only recourse is contact with the merchant. I finally did get the article I paid for, two weeks later. I never did get a message from the merchant; I simply got the article.

I'd add that I buy a lot of stuff and that was the first and only time something like that has happened. The other times I've had questions or problems the merchants involved responded very quickly. Just keep sending messages, and good luck.

nikita Jefferson wrote:

You could also give a bad review of this merchant in your picks to warn others,

I had an experience a year and a half ago with a bad vendor so i put a bad review in my picks

Any time anyone brings up the vendors name in search your review will show also

i'd be careful with this advice - I believe it is against TOS to put a bad review in your picks against another resident.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.