Help! Which of these Skins Should I Use?

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am in the midst of an agonizing fit of indecision, and I need opinions!

Having definitely decided to switch over from the Genus "Classic" head to the new "Baby Face" one (I prefer the softer, somewhat friendlier look of the latter), I decided to try out a number of new skin appliers today. I went through about 20 demos, and at last narrowed it down to one: The Skinnery's "Mycha" in a Honey tone.

The problem now is that I'm not entirely sure that I prefer the new skin -- "Mycha" -- over the older "Nataly" one (in a slightly darker "Toffee" tone) that I've been using up to this point. I think, overall, that the Mycha is the better quality skin, and a little more detailed and perhaps realistic, but . . .

I should note that both are using essentially the same shape: I haven't tweaked it at all for the Mycha.

Which of these two do you think looks a) better, and/or b) "older"? (The two answers may differ!)

HELP!!!

Baby-Face-Skins-Comparison.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

I personally really like the first image, Mycha (Honey). It also looks the most similar to your forum pic to me. o.o

But, if you're going for "older", I'd def go with the Nataly. It gives a more "mature" feel to me than the Mycha image. I can't really tell much difference in quality of the skins, tho, but that's probably just me. >< I always have to zoom super dumb close to see details in my own skin choices. n.n;

I also like the lip shape for some reason in the Mycha than I do the Nataly...if that matters. o_O

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

I personally really like the first image, Mycha (Honey). It also looks the most similar to your forum pic to me. o.o

But, if you're going for "older", I'd def go with the Nataly. It gives a more "mature" feel to me than the Mycha image. I can't really tell much difference in quality of the skins, tho, but that's probably just me. >< I always have to zoom super dumb close to see details in my own skin choices. n.n;

I also like the lip shape for some reason in the Mycha than I do the Nataly...if that matters. o_O

It ALL matters! Thanks!

Your impressions pretty much mirror mine: the Mycha looks "nicer" generally, but definitely younger. I wish I could figure out why. And I think you're right about the quality: you have to get pretty close to see the difference, I think. Not too many people will likely be inspecting my pores, so maybe that doesn't matter too much.

I'm still feeling indecisive, but your opinion helps! Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It ALL matters! Thanks!

Your impressions pretty much mirror mine: the Mycha looks "nicer" generally, but definitely younger. I wish I could figure out why. And I think you're right about the quality: you have to get pretty close to see the difference, I think. Not too many people will likely be inspecting my pores, so maybe that doesn't matter too much.

I'm still feeling indecisive, but your opinion helps! Thanks again!

I wonder if Mycha looks younger because the skin is lighter and looks radiant, while Nataly does not have so much highlights. Nataly is also a shade darker. I struggle to find the correct words, I often find the more blunt ones... so the best I can say is that Natalys skin looks "dull" compared to Mycha. Same as when we mature, our skin can still look great, but missing that glow factor.

What Mycha reminds me of, i how the asian beauty bloggers use techniques to achieve glowing, dewy skin. Nataly also has more defined cheekbones. I think the skintone plus cheekbones is what makes the difference.

Mycha has a very nice mouth. Is it lipstick packs for her? If you will keep Nataly, try a Micha lipstick?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I wonder if Mycha looks younger because the skin is lighter and looks radiant, while Nataly does not have so much highlights. Nataly is also a shade darker. I struggle to find the correct words, I often find the more blunt ones... so the best I can say is that Natalys skin looks "dull" compared to Mycha. Same as when we mature, our skin can still look great, but missing that glow factor.

What Mycha reminds me of, i how the asian beauty bloggers use techniques to achieve glowing, dewy skin. Nataly also has more defined cheekbones. I think the skintone plus cheekbones is what makes the difference.

Mycha has a very nice mouth. Is it lipstick packs for her? If you will keep Nataly, try a Micha lipstick?

These are terrific insights! One of the things that did seem to me to age the Nataly skin was the subtle but perceptible dark circles under the eyes, so, I think you're probably right about skin tone.

I suppose I could either try a slightly darker shade for the Mycha, or try to tweak the sliders for the Nataly mouth (or use a lipstick pack: both are currently using the cosmetic tab in the Genus head HUD).

Also, one thing I forgot to mention: I'm using an eyebrowless skin for Mycha, and tinted brows from the Baby Face HUD instead. I think I prefer that over the eyebrows in the Nataly, so I may try the same thing on that skin.

Thank you for this! It's all helping!

How about all the add-ons from Izzie Button? (Izzie's) If you want to use Mycha.

I am thinking about three sets, eyebags, pores and wrinkles.Here we will benefit greatly from BoM, when we will add special effects to skin.

(If I count every time I menetion how I want to have BoM now...)

To toot the horn for Izzie's, she is including system tattoo layers, so her packs is ready to be used with BoM. I hold back on buying too much appliers only makeup now, especially to a full price.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Also, one thing I forgot to mention: I'm using an eyebrowless skin for Mycha, and tinted brows from the Baby Face HUD instead. I think I prefer that over the eyebrows in the Nataly, so I may try the same thing on that skin.

Thank you for this! It's all helping!

The eyebrows on Nataly, to me, are def a huge reason I'm a bit on the fence with her. They're so dark and kind of look almost, I dunno, pasted on to me. >< I think they help bring out that more "mature" look; kind of mysterious, really, but I don't suppose it's what you're going for here. They're both nice skins in their own right, but for some reason Nataly just seems so heavily make-uped even though she seems to really only be wearing eyeliner. ><

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This I totally agree with Marianne on.

• Like 1

I personally prefer the details in the "Mycha"-skin. I do not know what the secret ingredient the Skinnery is using, but they almost always seem to have something that appeals to me...

I find most other skins I have tried (on other heads than Genus thought) to be a bit more flat/smooth/filtered and lacking the extra "kick" that the Skinnery-skins seem to bring...
I think the "dullness" perceived in the "Nataly"-skin comes from the lower contrast and smoother/longer transitions to the highlights. Seems like the Skinnery dares to be sharper and bolder in their details, and for me that pays off...

No association what so ever to the Skinnery - but I've always ended back with one of their's after having bought and lived with most other brands for a while...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

How about all the add-ons from Izzie Button? (Izzie's) If you want to use Mycha.

I am thinking about three sets, eyebags, pores and wrinkles.Here we will benefit greatly from BoM, when we will add special effects to skin.

This is a great idea! Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

The eyebrows on Nataly, to me, are def a huge reason I'm a bit on the fence with her. They're so dark and kind of look almost, I dunno, pasted on to me. >< I think they help bring out that more "mature" look; kind of mysterious, really, but I don't suppose it's what you're going for here. They're both nice skins in their own right, but for some reason Nataly just seems so heavily make-uped even though she seems to really only be wearing eyeliner.

Eyebrows have become sort of an obsession with me. The newer skins (well, newer to me, but probably not to everyone else) all seem very eyebrow heavy, so to speak, and very pointy and arched. I think they have a huge impact on how "severe" and "don't-f**k-with-me-b**tch" so many women seem to me to look nowadays. (And don't get me started on the brooding, mildly thuggish look that seems so prevalent on male avis these days).

I'm still undecided on whether to soften the Nataly skin a bit, or "age" the Mycha one: I guess I'll try both, and see which one I ultimately like best. But the Nataly eyebrows are something I can fix pretty easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelina String said:

I personally prefer the details in the "Mycha"-skin. I do not know what the secret ingredient the Skinnery is using, but they almost always seem to have something that appeals to me...

I find most other skins I have tried (on other heads than Genus thought) to be a bit more flat/smooth/filtered and lacking the extra "kick" that the Skinnery-skins seem to bring...
I think the "dullness" perceived in the "Nataly"-skin comes from the lower contrast and smoother/longer transitions to the highlights. Seems like the Skinnery dares to be sharper and bolder in their details, and for me that pays off...

Thanks Taya!

Yes, the detailing is why the Mycha skin seems to me higher quality. And it is a much much "cleaner" look too.

Ironically, I initially went for the darker tones on the Nataly, at least in part, because I liked the higher contrast, and I thought that it would be a richer look for photography. I'm not so sure about this now.

And as regards The Skinnery -- as I said, I tried out about 20 demos yesterday, and of the half dozen or so I shortlisted, three were from there. So, yes, I agree: they do really nice work.

7 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

Have you tested the "Sade"-skin from NOT FOUND? My friend Lene demoed it, and it looked really good on her...

She found it here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/3940492@N25/pool/

NO!

In fact, I looked for "Not Found" (which I've never tried), and, um . . . I wasn't able to find it. 😀

Thanks for the links!

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

NO!

In fact, I looked for "Not Found" (which I've never tried), and, um . . . I wasn't able to find it. 😀

Thanks for the links!

Yes, why choose a name like that?! I tried to search for that store too. Google skin not found second life and it's 1000 hits about lost inventory.

• Haha 2

DeeTaleZ has released 4 Genus skins and that's a creator who is impressive. I bought her skin because of the body options. Can have freckles on the skin, not a layer, and pubes in different colors, also not layer. Plus a no nipples option for those lace tops. https://www.flickr.com/photos/deetalez/with/24201595493/

She is also one of the creators who release enough skins for LeLutka. Even if she makes too many Catwa skins.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

DeeTaleZ has released 4 Genus skins and that's a creator who is impressive. I bought her skin because of the body options. Can have freckles on the skin, not a layer, and pubes in different colors, also not layer. Plus a no nipples option for those lace tops. https://www.flickr.com/photos/deetalez/with/24201595493/

She is also one of the creators who release enough skins for LeLutka. Even if she makes too many Catwa skins.

Totally agree. I demoed no fewer than seven DeeTaleZ skins yesterday, and was really impressed: 3 of them made my "short list." I very nearly bought "valeska," in fact. (And who knows, may still do so!)

On 11/24/2018 at 11:30 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Mycha looks "nicer" generally, but definitely younger. I wish I could figure out why.

Probably due to the shading done on the face of the Nataly. Mycha doesn't have near the amount of shading.

Have you ever tried any of the Adam & Eve skins? They've been my fav skinners for years. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Probably due to the shading done on the face of the Nataly. Mycha doesn't have near the amount of shading.

Have you ever tried any of the Adam & Eve skins? They've been my fav skinners for years. 

I haven't! I'll take a look. Do they do Omega appliers?

I've decided to go back to my "old" Genus Classic head, with some tweaking, new eyebrows, and the Mycha skin. I'm generally pretty happy with the look now, but I'll certainly check it out! Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I haven't! I'll take a look. Do they do Omega appliers?

I've decided to go back to my "old" Genus Classic head, with some tweaking, new eyebrows, and the Mycha skin. I'm generally pretty happy with the look now, but I'll certainly check it out! Thanks!

They do for their own bodies. I assume the Omegas will work with others.

https://eveavatar.wordpress.com/tuto-help/about-omega/

Edited by Selene Gregoire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.