ChibiDragon007

Catznip site down?

I wanted to give the Catznip viewer a try on my MacBook since I hear it is a lighter viewer with many of the same features I'm used to from Firestorm. But the website seems to be down. Is there an alternate link to download the most recent version of the viewer out there somewhere? 

I checked the website get-catznip.com and it shows a Mac Version tab but the tab is greyed out. However there are Mac requirements listed on the catznip.com website which is down. So I'm actually confused as to whether there is a Mac version or not. 

Edited by ChibiDragon007

12 minutes ago, ChibiDragon007 said:

I wanted to give the Catznip viewer a try on my MacBook since I hear it is a lighter viewer with many of the same features I'm used to from Firestorm. But the website seems to be down. Is there an alternate link to download the most recent version of the viewer out there somewhere? 

I checked the website get-catznip.com and it shows a Mac Version tab but the tab is greyed out. However there are Mac requirements listed on the catznip.com website which is down. So I'm actually confused as to whether there is a Mac version or not. 

Maybe there once was, long ago... 

TPV directory only says it has Linux besides Win which seems no longer true either. If you go down the page and look at the previous release you will find it neither does exist for Mac, so my guess is: There is none.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

TPV directory only says it has Linux besides Win which seems no longer true either. If you go down the page and look at the previous release you will find it neither does exist for Mac, so my guess is: There is none.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

That's weird. I keep hearing people say they're using it for Mac but I can't find the Mac version anywhere. :C 

9 hours ago, ChibiDragon007 said:

That's weird. I keep hearing people say they're using it for Mac but I can't find the Mac version anywhere. :C 

SL people in general are weird - there is also those that cling to pre-bento singularity while screaming they do not understand this fashion fad of ugly heads - LOL - my guess is they will use the last Mac version there was.

Edited by Fionalein

10 hours ago, Fionalein said:

The former Release (# R11) had a Linux version, but #R12 doesn't have it anymore - and that is the latest Release available.

However, R12 is about a year old! So  it doesn't have all the bells and whistles a current viewer has.