To much Hatred! Something wrong!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm curious OP, why do you go out of your way to tell people that you AREN'T a furry on your profile. Are you hoping for an exception to the "No Furry" rule, or don't you like furries either?

"Iam a vixen, a Lycan fox, not Furry. Open books and learn about it..."

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

And yet they tell me to "grow up" so that I can "know". Hence my response about knowing certain things.

Ahh, gotcha. You're suggesting that, because I'm disagreeing with the OP I don't have their level of feeling and empathy? Understood, Love. Fully understood. Bowing out right here.

No! I’m trying to put lipstick on a pig, make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, interpret the unintelligible, etc. My post was only trying to find a light in the darkness, not judging anyone.

Racism . sexism, etc.. all these thing are horrible. A person does not choose the color of their own skin or their heritage in RL. Here you can chose to be who you want and how you look. To me that is the entire difference

If you choose to spike your hair in rainbow colors in RL, expect a reaction. but that was your choice. There will be places that welcome you and places that do not.

(my son did that BTW ... I warned him... he said...'nooooo that wont happen'.... it did, he couldn't find a job until he cut his hair. gee Mom does know a little...)

No comparison at all to RL

Edited by Heathernorton
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Angela Levenque said:

[snipped]

Listen here,

-stop-,  Think about what you're posting right now. You're not facing racism. or even discrimination. But some people who could maybe chill unless the sim has good reason for their rules. (Such as said rp-areas where it'd not mesh well with the theme) So again

Stop using that word it does not mean what you think it means.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Angela Levenque said:

Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. As of the 2000s, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition.[1]

Furry is not a race, furry is a choice.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If that’s how you feel, just replace “racism” with “specism” and move along. Tired argument, poor logic.

So lets replace furries with blacks and decry racism. People have beat that topic to death too. But at the end of the day it all comes down to your sim your rules and if you want to discriminate against any individual avatar or any class, type or group of avatars for any reason whatsoever in who comes onto your land, you can, and there's nothing anything can do about it.

I personally allow everyone onto my property, (except children as per the LL TOS). If i ban someone its because of their individual actions while there, not because of who or what they are.

Edited by Phorumities
moved a comma
9 hours ago, AylinVali said:

Listen here,

-stop-,  Think about what you're posting right now. You're not facing racism. or even discrimination. But some people who could maybe chill unless the sim has good reason for their rules. (Such as said rp-areas where it'd not mesh well with the theme) So again

Stop using that word it does not mean what you think it means.

Actually, don't blame the OP, the original meaning of the word racist has morphed into meaning anyone that does something someone else doesn't like. The knee jerk reply to anything now is oh you are such a racist.

You only date whites? Oh you are such a racist

You voted for Trump? Oh you are such a racist

You live in an all white neighborhood and don't have black friends? Oh you are such a racist

You only wish people Merry Christmas? Oh you are such a racist.

You are proud of your country? Oh you are such a racist.

*shrug*

Edited by Phorumities
consistency, added a word, fixed other stuff
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Actually, don't blame the OP, the original meaning of the word racist has morphed into meaning anyone that does something someone else doesn't like. The knee jerk reply to anything now is oh you are such a racist.

You only date whites? Oh you are such a racist

You voted for Trump? Oh you are such a racist

You live in an all white neighborhood and don't have black friends? Oh you are such a racist

You only wish people Merry Christmas? Oh you are such a racist.

You are proud of your country? Oh you are such a racist.

*shrug*

Metaphorically speaking: Individual dots on a canvas are just that: dots. None of above reasons is enough to condem one a racist, they all hold true for racists however. So if you connect the dots to a picture...

And let's not forget: People don't call each other racist each day. If someone gets called racist all the time (not just by one stray individual) there are high chances that person might just be a racist ;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

On two separate occasions, I was wandering around in a sim checking it out, when I was told I couldn't be there dressed as I was. I was dressed as a modern woman, and modern women were not allowed. Were they discriminating against me? No one said I couldn't be in the sim, in fact both times I removed the modern items that didn't fit the sims theme and they were happy to have me. Just because you are a dog or a cat in real life, does not mean you cannot take on the appearance of a human to visit a sim where that is required, no one is banning anyone from sims.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

IATL

I probably don't need to explain why this thread is locked, but I do want to point out that there was a moment there where there was agreement that this was not a productive discussion across all sides. So hooray for unity, however brief.

Let's keep discussions productive in the future, y'all. Thanks in advance for your cooperation going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.