To much Hatred! Something wrong!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

Iam just a little bit upset about that, and start to think about why is that. I dont know, maybe somebody post that already or not, but i decide to post this.

1945 long ago, Nazis are commonly known as Bad Guys because they are! Why the hell are tons of peoples follow their lessons about racism? Tons of Sims are ban Furries and other kind of avis. Only Humans. Same like Only German regions marked in Berlin before and in the War. Come on peoples.... what a furry look, or a cat or a dog or even a child look can do, what freak you out?

Why is that so much Hatred and Racism? Can we let Hitler rest and just enjoy the game like normal peoples or there is really need to happen something before somebody start to wake up and do something really bad? What is the big deal? Why? Some furries griefing? What? Human avis cant do? Furry avis look disgusting? Why? Humans not? Ever you saw an oversized abomination walk in front of you? Is looks cool? Or women avis with 2 meters long dick? Its looks better then? I can bring up everything what can be look more disgusting then a two legged dog or cat.

What the hell is force the peoples to be so hostile and so racist about peoples look? I can survive every kind of people, and how they look. I didnt like how He/Her avi look? Turn away... I have avi types what i didnt like to, but I do not advertise that it is my hatred or disagreement.

This isnt cool!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

People who don't want to have those wearing furry avatars on their virtual pixel regions in Second Life.

VS

People who systematically slaughtered millions of other people in real life.

Not the best of comparisons there.

(And I'll be the first to say IBTL.)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

I dont know if there is any of that. I just decide to write that.

"People who don't want to have those wearing furry avatars on their virtual pixel regions in Second Life.

VS

People who systematically slaughtered millions of other people in real life."

Yes, you right. The perfect comparison. Racism and hatred same like two egg is. If you cant understand how that infestation spread, that is your problem. Grow up to know how racism spread, and you understand what i talking about.

I just ask about. Why is that to much Racism and Hatred against furries in the game? What they can do? Trolling? Really? Or Griefing? Are you serious? So if i wear a Human Avi i cant be a troll? Or i wear a.... bus avatar i can be a troll? Or what is the world sized reason of that ridiculous and senseless attitude?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
11 minutes ago, Angela Levenque said:

I dont know if there is any of that. I just decide to write that.

"People who don't want to have those wearing furry avatars on their virtual pixel regions in Second Life.

VS

People who systematically slaughtered millions of other people in real life."

Yes, you right. The perfect comparison. Racism and hatred same like two egg is. If you cant understand how that infestation spread, that is your problem. Grow up to know how racism spread, and you understand what i talking about.

I just ask about. Why is that to much Racism and Hatred against furries in the game? What they can do? Trolling? Really? Or Griefing? Are you serious? So if i wear a Human Avi i cant be a troll? Or i wear a.... bus avatar i can be a troll? Or what is the world sized reason of that ridiculous and senseless attitude?

Double down!

48 minutes ago, Angela Levenque said:

1945 long ago, Nazis are commonly known as Bad Guys because they are! Why the hell are tons of peoples follow their lessons about racism?

Nazis were also very into eugenics and genetic purity. They'd probably say things like:

"Iam not interested in Genetical Mutations, and like every healthy person, i didnt think that is Cool! Go to the hospital! And fix yourself!"

Anybody want to guess where I copied that from?

First off, the snubbing of a particular avatar type is in no way comparable to the (still) all to real problems of racism and the rise of Neo-Nazis we have been experiencing lately. Have a tiny bit of perspective.

Second, the furry hate (and the drama) predates Second Life, I don't know how far back though. Nowadays, there's about two kinds of haters: those who only know about the fandom from mainstream media (which has never been kind to fringe subcultures) and those who have blindly let themselves be influenced by 4chan.

Third, for roleplay sims it's generally easier to place a blanket ban of furries than have to explain to every neon-colored fox why they are not gonna fit in a historical roleplay.

Finally, both the Internet and SL are bigger places than you think. Club bans you, go somewhere else. Store bans you, they must not like money.

Edited by Magnek Fang
eep left out a word
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Nazis were also very into eugenics and genetic purity. They'd probably say things like:

"Iam not interested in Genetical Mutations, and like every healthy person, i didnt think that is Cool! Go to the hospital! And fix yourself!"

Where did it come from?

9 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

7 minutes ago, Donna Underall said:

Where did it come from?

Theresa Tennyson sighs.

The original poster's profile, of course.

• Haha 3

As someone who is  disabled, trans, gay and a furry. Who also knows allot of jewish friends, one who narrowly avoided being a victim of antisemtic violence by the sheer chance of not going to their local synagogue one day,

Stop that comparision right now, Sims being  dumb over furry avatars is not comparable to the suffering  the Jewish people endured and  still face. Nazis are still an issue, in their current forms as neo nazis/white nationalists.

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, AylinVali said:

As someone who is  disabled, trans, gay and a furry. Who also knows allot of jewish friends, one who narrowly avoided being a victim of antisemtic violence by the sheer chance of not going to their local synagogue one day,

Stop that comparision right now, Sims being  dumb over furry avatars is not comparable to the suffering  the Jewish people endured and  still face. Nazis are still an issue, in their current forms as neo nazis/white nationalists.

Such a shame this even needs to be said  :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AylinVali

Thank you, finally another real person and not a troll. Yes, i agree, you right. But hatred is still hatred, and not changing. I just want to know, why is this? That is what i ask, and 2-3 idiot trolls start to overdefensive griefing over the topic, because they try to fulfill they role... Racism is that kind of.... i dont know how i call that.... let call it Infestation. Because it can spread. So, that kind of infestation what didnt need the ability of reason. Its just build up some illusions, and let everybody to believe in that. Racism is about to pick one thing about the other person, and start to hate because the other are different!

But still dont understand, there is happened something what generates that effect or something?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Angela Levenque said:

Hello!

Iam just a little bit upset about that, and start to think about why is that. I dont know, maybe somebody post that already or not, but i decide to post this.

1945 long ago, Nazis are commonly known as Bad Guys because they are! Why the hell are tons of peoples follow their lessons about racism? Tons of Sims are ban Furries and other kind of avis. Only Humans. Same like Only German regions marked in Berlin before and in the War. Come on peoples.... what a furry look, or a cat or a dog or even a child look can do, what freak you out?

Why is that so much Hatred and Racism? Can we let Hitler rest and just enjoy the game like normal peoples or there is really need to happen something before somebody start to wake up and do something really bad? What is the big deal? Why? Some furries griefing? What? Human avis cant do? Furry avis look disgusting? Why? Humans not? Ever you saw an oversized abomination walk in front of you? Is looks cool? Or women avis with 2 meters long dick? Its looks better then? I can bring up everything what can be look more disgusting then a two legged dog or cat.

What the hell is force the peoples to be so hostile and so racist about peoples look? I can survive every kind of people, and how they look. I didnt like how He/Her avi look? Turn away... I have avi types what i didnt like to, but I do not advertise that it is my hatred or disagreement.

This isnt cool!

When they start rounding up furries in RL and putting them in camps, come talk to us. Until then, people are free to associate in second life with whoever they wish, and also exclude anyone they wish.

Forced segregation is wrong, but so is forced integration

Edited by Phorumities
spelling
  • Like 5

The Death Camps just a tool of the Racism, Racism not means Death Camps.... I understand what you talking about, but i just ask why is that hatred about them? But i see... nobody can explain or can give an answer.

Just say to Shut up, or Leave it alone.

Iam surprised about the ones who want to attack me so badly. Sadly i didnt care about lunatics who want to backstab peoples because they dare to ask. They just attack, but they have no idea why. Just defend it....

53 minutes ago, Angela Levenque said:

Grow up to know how racism spread, and you understand what i talking about.

Oh honey, you know nothing about me. Not my age, not my social circle, not my ancestry, not my interests, not my politics, not my levels of activism, not my sexuality, not the abuses and discrimination I have been subjected to both inworld and outworld. You know absolutely sod all about me, so take your "grow up" wokeness and pontificate it in someone else's direction.

There is zero correlation between 'hatred' and 'this person does not want furries on their virtual land'. People can do whatever the hell they want in this little pixel world, and very few of their choices boil down to actual hatred. And when you compare it to the actual slaughter that took place during the Holocaust you have effectively Godwinned your argument so badly that many of us are just going to sit here and roll our eyes at you.

Now, do you have anything constructive to offer in support of your argument, or are you going to continue to double-down with your ranting?

Once again: In Before The Inevitable Lock.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
Just now, Angela Levenque said:

The Death Camps just a tool of the Racism, Racism not means Death Camps.... I understand what you talking about, but i just ask why is that hatred about them? But i see... nobody can explain or can give an answer.

Just say to Shut up, or Leave it alone.

Iam surprised about the ones who want to attack me so badly. Sadly i didnt care about lunatics who want to backstab peoples because they dare to ask. They just attack, but they have no idea why. Just defend it....

Your answer is simple...what you perceive to be hatred(and you keep calling racism, those two words are NOT interchangeable, so stop it already!!!), probably isn't hatred at all.Landowners can keep anyone they wish away from land THEY PAY FOR!!! So can you, if you own land.

Most RP areas that "ban" furries (again, it's not hatred, stop being so close minded) do so because the very character would somehow disrupt the RP. Take an old human western RP area, for instance, that requires old western style dress, and old western human style characters.  If they want to stay in theme, and keep it somewhat realistic(and yes, some people do) a friggen 6 foot cat that walks on two legs and talks, is kinda gonna break that theme. 

That said, there are a LOT of places that are furry only, or fantasy only, sci-fi only, bloodlines only, combat only....good god there are so many choices, and each of them have their own rules. Just because you can't go to one, doesn't mean someone is being racist against you. Furry isn't even a friggen race, it's a type of character. If I want to be a hamster for the day, month, year, whatever, *I* have to accept that some places I can't go. I'm perfectly okay with that. I don't go off all half looney toon because someone doesn't want my hamster on land THEY pay for. Good grief, that just sounds ridiculous. 

• Like 6

I don't see certain locations having restrictions on what an avatar should look like as racism. Some sims have a dress code, some are for men, some are for women, some have restrictions on how many scripts you can wear  etc. I just adapt or don't go. You can make a mountain out of a molehill but it isn't racism. Plus, and this is my opinion, furries aren't a race. 

This is Second Life and just like in real life people have a right to associate with what ever group of people they want to associate and decide who they want or don't want to let into their own personal space. And yes, even though regions are open to the public, in the end there is one owner and it is their space.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

OP “doesn’t know” a lot, and posts that often in this thread.

And yet they tell me to "grow up" so that I can "know". Hence my response about knowing certain things.

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe this is more about feelings and empathy, than knowledge?

Ahh, gotcha. You're suggesting that, because I'm disagreeing with the OP I don't have their level of feeling and empathy? Understood, Love. Fully understood. Bowing out right here.

• Thanks 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.