Zharfan

asian people where you at?

On 11/24/2018 at 11:57 AM, Zharfan said:

hello.. wanna be my friend :)

Japanese? Chinese? Korean? Filipino? Thai? Indian? LOL

More important are these two questions: Why? and when are you in-world?

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Japanese? Chinese? Korean? Filipino? Thai? Indian? LOL

More important are these two questions: Why? and when are you in-world?

Maybe people from “Asia Minor”..

On 11/25/2018 at 3:57 AM, Zharfan said:

hello.. wanna be my friend :)

Oo hi!! could meet up in-world some time. :) Which part of Asia are you from? By the way, it would be more fun to make friends with everyone from everywhere too~. 

Edited by LucidiaErsatz

I don't believe there are many Asian people in SL now. 

There were more Asians back around 2007-2010 with may sims build by Asians from China, Japan, and Korea. But I hardly ever see one these days other than Asian avatars occasionally

45 minutes ago, Paul Choi said:

I don't believe there are many Asian people in SL now. 

There were more Asians back around 2007-2010 with may sims build by Asians from China, Japan, and Korea. But I hardly ever see one these days other than Asian avatars occasionally

Then you're not looking very much. LOL  Seriously, there are plenty of Asian-based regions in all variations: Japan, China, Korea, and even Southern Asian: India. :)

As for Asian people - I see a lot of Asian names but don't look it, so not sure what your criteria is. If you mean by genuine look, most look "mixed" but I do see many all over. But they tend to "jump out" at me as I notice them more. ~Points to her Chinese surname~

Edited by Alyona Su

LOL,  yeah when I first joined they happen to have SL with same last name as my RL last name so my SL name Paul Choi is same as my RL name.  😁

There are lots of people with kanjii names. Chinese, not as much; the Great Firewall of China probably doesn't pass SL data.

Asia is about 300ms out from the servers in Arizona, so that side of the planet has permanent lag.

• Like 1

First Asian thread I'm seeing. 😀

100% Asian in Malaysia. I speak 4 languages Chinese, Malay, Indonesia and English. 

Mostly inworld during the day GMT+8 or on Instagram if I'm not.

My largest client base in SL was Asian from 2005 til about 2008. This included various relinks and reviews from other sources besides SL too.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:51 PM, Paul Choi said:

LOL,  yeah when I first joined they happen to have SL with same last name as my RL last name so my SL name Paul Choi is same as my RL name.  😁

Yeah, I tried that when I first joined, but some other twit had already taken 'Howard' 🙄

Interesting. Hmm maybe a lot of Asian users are found in non-english speaking sims or forums or idk lol XD but there are a lot of different sims to find Asian ppl you just have to look :)

• Like 1

Eastern (Mongol, Chinese)? Far Eastern (Japanese, Korean)? Southern (Thailand, Filipino, Indan)? What difference does it make and why? Just curious.

20 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Eastern (Mongol, Chinese)? Far Eastern (Japanese, Korean)? Southern (Thailand, Filipino, Indan)? What difference does it make and why? Just curious.

I wonder that too, why the need to search people from familiar real life locations? I have heard for example Italians asking inworld "where are all the Italians" and Brazilians asking "where are all the Brazilians". Personally I have had no need to search my country people in SL; I can meet them enough in real life. One of the fascinations of SL is that we can meet people from all over the world from various cultures. That's interesting.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I wonder that too, why the need to search people from familiar real life locations? I have heard for example Italians asking inworld "where are all the Italians" and Brazilians asking "where are all the Brazilians". Personally I have had no need to search my country people in SL; I can meet them enough in real life. One of the fascinations of SL is that we can meet people from all over the world from various cultures. That's interesting.

Agreed. For the record, I am Chinese-Venus. Bahahaha

Hai Hai! 

Fellow Asian in disguise here! 😅 GMT +7 

I'm still fairly new to Second Life, but it seems everyone's more into their little groups? Breaking the ice seems a bit difficult when it comes to new people, for me at least, no one really bothers to try to initiate a conversation these days. But that could just be me (>~<)

• Like 1

*Raises Hand*

Mixed Chinese-British, speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese :) IM me for a chat any time! I read offline messages. 

Happy LNY/CNY!