Titler abuse

Liaa Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys,

There is a titler over my head, that isn't mine and doesn't appear when I leave the sim. Any ideas how to make it go, or how it's there? It's really abusive (I can't see it though). Thanks

Seems someone was wearing it but somehow placing it over my head (from a distance), any ideas how he did it or how to prevent it pls?

Edited by Liana Wildmist

3 answers to this question

Sounds like someone is wearing an "Evil Titler" type attachment that places a child prim over you and applies hovertext. You can open Area Search in Firestorm and filter attachments to find who is using it. They typically need to be sitting for it to work correctly due to user rotation buffering while standing.

Other than reporting the owner for griefing, the only thing you can really do is move more than 54 meters away from them so child prims can't make it to you.

• Like 5

What Lucia is describing is one possibility -- a transparent object that is actually attached to the person who is annoying you but is scripted to position itself over your head. I have seen them in use at popular welcoming areas like Social Island, where griefers think it's "funny" to annoy new arrivals.  If you are in an area where people are allowed to rez objects, another possibility is a "follower" -- an object that behaves like a drone, scripted to hover in position over your head.  Either type of annoying object cannot follow you if you teleport away.  As Lucia says, the first type of object can't follow if you simply move out of range of the owner. 

There's no way to block, jam, or shoot down the object.  If you are lucky, however, you may be able to identify the griefer.  The object is transparent, so typing CTRL + Alt + T will make it appear as a red or blue highlighted thing.  It is probably quite small, so you may need good camera skills to focus in on it.  If you can do it, though, right click and select EDIT so that you can examine details to see who owns it.  Take a photo and include it in an Abuse Report.  Unfortunately, most new SL residents do not have the skill to do all of that, so they are easy prey.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.