Wondering I am curious

DistLyfe Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i am curious what exactly the Role play is like on second life. i'm still fairly new and well I am still haven't got the guts up to join a public chat. I'm curious does it happen in forum or does it happen on the client. What kind of Rp are going on and communities.  Still quite naive to all of this 

Role play happens in world. There are many types of role play from vampires to angels, to sci-fi. Seems like there's a little bit of everything. Just explore and search on SL. Most places allow you to visit  their sim , and  generally have you grab a OOC tag to wear. Be sure you follow their visiting rules. Some like you to be dressed in character/time period, even if you are just visiting.

Edited by TatianaNikolay
spelling error

22 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Chordito,

There's an Introduction to Roleplaying class at Caledon Oxbridge University tonight (Friday, Nov 23) at 7 pm SL Time (Pacific Time).  It's free to attend!

Awesome damn I didn't check this soon enough.  Do you guys have another one coming up?

23 hours ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Role play happens in world. There are many types of role play from vampires to angels, to sci-fi. Seems like there's a little bit of everything. Just explore and search on SL. Most places allow you to visit  their sim , and  generally have you grab a OOC tag to wear. Be sure you follow their visiting rules. Some like you to be dressed in character/time period, even if you are just visiting.

Thank you I am appreciate it as soon as I get the gumption to actually participate in a chat. 

• Like 1

To give a quick summary though:

There are many kinds and ways of roleplay on SL.

Some people do it only in areas dedicated to roleplay. Some people do it everywhere they go. Some people only do it in private with few people at a time.

Some people roleplay by explicitly adding "/me" in front of their chat messages (it becomes italicized) and write actions in second/third-person, some people roleplay implicitly without doing that and always speak as their character, some people use scripted objects like a HUD that can do dice rolls or have a direct combat system..

Some roleplay is part of a bigger story, some roleplay is just "every day stuff," and some roleplay is sexual. (Regarding sexual RP, you can do it without actually playing or having a character, some do it as just "interactive mutual masturbation.")

Really, there's something for everyone.

(But if you write roleplay in first-person and without /me, you're an objectively and irredeemably bad person.) /hyperbole

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

On my own experience I can say that a big part of the players using the term "roleplay" just to have cybersex with sometimes more but often less text or even story and that makes me sad. I am an experienced roleplayer ( almost 15 years now ) and I used sites such as "legend of the green dragon" or "F-List" (yeah... I know^^) even World of warcraft to rp wit people. But here on SL I find it quite difficult to find rp-partners who don't want to ***** after three lines of text. I love stories and I prefer longtime-rp and if sex happens it's totally fine with me but like I said, most of the people I met on SL simply just want to have cybersex instead of RP

Edited by SweetSheeva

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen that  a lot on SL myself. RP Quality is all over the place, but I know that quality starts some place, so my group / company is modern rp, and we always providing an immersive expedience with anyone we interact with on our RP sim. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.