A question about using EEP for mainland parcel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Of of the wonderful things EEP will bring us... I'm hoping for a dark and foggy sky that cycles thru day and night settings, but stays dark and foggy enough to reduce the visual noise of my neighbor's parcel. Yes, I have blacklisted most of their objects, but I'd like to minimize their effect on my visitors' poor peepers as well as my own.

Edited by Kitten Kaos

I am going to assume your hope is your question.  In which case, yes, you can make the ambient conditions so murky and misty and thick that you can scarcely see your own hand in front of your face.

Bear in mind this'll keep your ambient conditions persistently foggy and murky, but it's possible.  Takes a little fidgeting with the sliders though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made a pitch black windlight to test, and wow it sure deletes near everything around unless its a light or has a light on it.  You could still add some clouds and tiny bit of light, but keep the moon and sun light output low or you'll light up the whole world around you.

Here's a quick one min video I shot of the pitch black windlight in the EEP viewer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/macrocosm-sl/45745018731

• 2 months later...

Yup, I've used both cliff faces & large walls before- LORE makes some that scale nicely, have low LI & aren't too bad LODwise. But I'm still looking forward to letting my atmospherics/ environments do a lot of the work. They already are since I use firestorm & have my windlight settings in my "about land", but adding a day night cycle will make it all much more dynamic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.