AdamZadig

Linked prim sliding door script?

i have a sliding door script but it cannot be linked to other prims, does anyone have or can send me a link to where i can get a sliding door script that can be linked to other objects?

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=lsl sliding door

This forum is for people who want to discuss ways of making their own sliding doors or whatever.   It's not a script-finding service.  

If you want some to give you or sell you a script, try posting in Wanted or Employment or somewhere more appropriate.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

The second hit in my search took me to this, in the Forum Script Library: 

i did try this one but it didnt work, the whole object moved. also i have an object with several linked prims and they move on different axis. so would need one script for one set of directions and another for another direction

5 minutes ago, AdamZadig said:

i did try this one but it didnt work, the whole object moved. also i have an object with several linked prims and they move on different axis. so would need one script for one set of directions and another for another direction

Then you are using it incorrectly.  That sliding door will work quite well as written.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AdamZadig said:

The script, as written must be placed in the root prim, not the door, and the door must not be the root prim.

If the whole object is moving, that sounds to me as if you have not followed the instructions in Rolig's script:  

// All prims in the door must be named "DOOR", and none can be the root prim of the linkset

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Then you are using it incorrectly.  That sliding door will work quite well as written.  

100% not working. can you try it in world and let me know? ive done exactly as it asks.

As I said, you're doing something wrong.  I just dropped the script into a quickly-built demo, and sent it to you.

• Thanks 1

Have you given the variable 

float gDistance; // Adjust to set the distance the door should move long its local Y axis

a value?    The script needs telling how far you want the door to move.   

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Perhaps you forgot to tell the script how far to move the door?  Something other than zero?

I love you!! thank you so much!! 

is there any way to change the axis the movement goes?

To quote the script note in the Library:  "You could easily change that orientation by changing the order of X,Y,Z parameters in the vector <0.0, gDistance*gON, 0.0>."

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

To quote the script note in the Library:  "You could easily change that orientation by changing the order of X,Y,Z parameters in the vector <0.0, gDistance*gON, 0.0>."

A,azing. thanks rolig. im learning slowly but getting there. now i have a closet with 2 doors and 3 draws and each has its own script to work individually, 

• Like 1