Linked prim sliding door script?

AdamZadig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lsl sliding door

This forum is for people who want to discuss ways of making their own sliding doors or whatever.   It's not a script-finding service.  

If you want some to give you or sell you a script, try posting in Wanted or Employment or somewhere more appropriate.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

The second hit in my search took me to this, in the Forum Script Library: 

i did try this one but it didnt work, the whole object moved. also i have an object with several linked prims and they move on different axis. so would need one script for one set of directions and another for another direction

5 minutes ago, AdamZadig said:

i did try this one but it didnt work, the whole object moved. also i have an object with several linked prims and they move on different axis. so would need one script for one set of directions and another for another direction

Then you are using it incorrectly.  That sliding door will work quite well as written.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AdamZadig said:

The script, as written must be placed in the root prim, not the door, and the door must not be the root prim.

If the whole object is moving, that sounds to me as if you have not followed the instructions in Rolig's script:  

// All prims in the door must be named "DOOR", and none can be the root prim of the linkset

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

To quote the script note in the Library:  "You could easily change that orientation by changing the order of X,Y,Z parameters in the vector <0.0, gDistance*gON, 0.0>."

A,azing. thanks rolig. im learning slowly but getting there. now i have a closet with 2 doors and 3 draws and each has its own script to work individually, 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.