I ask for your opinion

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd usually go with black, but in this case I'd actually go for the grey, so that the fur collar doesn't blend too much with your hair.

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

According to Matthew_Hopkins a sentence to the stake :D

I would go with the left black one or tan - the dark browns are to similar to your dark red hair.

Aha. Hmmm. The fur is almost the same in black, brown and tan. Unfortunately the grey is the one I had last on this 5 coat list. This is why the demo should have all the colors. I can't picture myself in the grey one... but contrast is nice. Thinking, thinking.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

The fatpack has 9 colors and will cost only 700L on sale. A single coat will cost 200. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SP-coat-Sophie-FATPACK-wear-to-unpack/10856148

It's not expensive. But it's so many sales.

I am a bit tempted by the fatpack. I don't think this is a template, but original.

MIght be, S&P usually doesn't use templates.

• Like 1

If you're going to go autumnal, go all the way. The demo colour is what I'd choose, and I'd ensure that footwear and accessories matched one of the accents (eg: hair, lipstick, or fur collar). Match your metals on jewellery, bag, buckles, etc (all gold, if you stick with that necklace; if it has a choice of gems pick one that complements), and a lighter colour of knit legging or similar on the legs.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

As fair skin, dark red hair in SL and life, I would go far right chocolate brown one (or as you called it; Rust but rust is more orangy than that) as it adds warmth to our fair skin as well as providing a pretty contrast to our dark red hair as black can be too harsh close to face (my school uniform was black, was very harsh on my skin) and nude colours can just make us look even more washed out however good second option is silver grey/gray (spelt both ways as not sure if your UK or USA as that reason I wrote both ways) so chocolate brown or the grey would work nice on our skin tones with our hair.  You can see example of silver grey on seren in my picture on here; I will try to find something chocolate brown that seren owns; near my face later so you can see how it looks.

Edit: the Rust looks more chocolate brown than rust personally and tan comes under aforementioned nudes.  Rust: is more like this which can work but not always.

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 1

I'd never heard of Salt & Pepper but now I know I will have to go to the store. Maybe not today. I avoid crowds in RL so there's no reason join the lagfest today. But when the dust settles I'll be right there.

I wish there was a store directory with them all listed with styles. I guess the only realistic way is to trawl the Marketplace and spot the links. 

I've had a lot of tips already on the forum and have followed every one up, but posts like this show that I don't know them all. Maybe I never will! And tbh that keeps it all fresh. :)

5 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I suppose cups of blood are available here?

This is SL - just about anything is available here.  If by chance something isn't, come back in a week or month or so and you'll likely find it then.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am freaking out, it i so many sales. Seraphimsl has a list, but it is not complete, and the huge amount of stores, I only heard about some of them.

Stores like COCO is not on the list, but it's 50% off on many items in the store.

Thank you for your help with the coat, I decided to buy the "rust" for myseld, the black and tan for my two alts.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am freaking out, it i so many sales. Seraphimsl has a list, but it is not complete, and the huge amount of stores, I only heard about some of them.

For the ones that are giving 50% off on gift cards, if I like the stuff then I'm just picking up a gift card for now.  Then later it will be the same as buying the items at 50% off.

There's never enough time in SL for all the shopping.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fionalein said:

That's kinda OK though - I never have enough money either so that kinda evens out again ;)

But to choose. That is hard. My budget says shop a lot for Marianne, but my alts, only a few things each. I decided they get one pair each of Blueberry jeans. But it is so many different styles.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

But to choose. That is hard. My budget says shop a lot for Marianne, but my alts, only a few things each. I decided they get one pair each of Blueberry jeans. But it is so many different styles.

The Blueberry Tali jeans are the love of my life and one of my most awesome early buys!!!!!!

See, I had an eye for it right from the start...... :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.