2018 Premium Token/ribbon

Jaecee Ravenhurst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

I went through this last night, too.

LL is sure making the Winter Gift Hunt a hard game to play.  Of course, I'm bad at hunts anyway, so maybe I am not a representative sample.

1.  See the announcement of the 5 week Winter Swag Hunt.
  2.  Try to teleport to the first location using the SLURL link in the post.  FAIL (technical difficulties; I got the "reset your clock" login failure on Monday).
  3.  Try again on Tuesday.  Success!  Spend thirty minutes in the Portal Park looking for the prize.
  4.  After slowly camming all around the Park, finally realize I'm going to have to go to Winter Wonderland.  Duh.
  5.  Can't fly or local TP to the gate from where I'm sitting.  Take five minutes to wend my way around the Portal Park to the Winter Wonderland entrance.
  6.  Knock at the door.  Fail.  Try to walk through.  Fail.  Try to sit on the door.  Finally get a notice to accept the Experience.  Accept.  SWOOSH, at last!
  7.  Pick up the Swaginator HUD.
  8.  Wander through the sim, looking for the prize object.  Get distracted by the Snowball Arena.
  9.  Have fun shooting and getting shot.  Decide I want the Premium-only SnowZooka.
  10.  Try Premium token from 2017.  Didn't think that would work.
  11.  Think maybe this year's token is at the Premium Gift kiosk.  Teleport there.  Success!
  12.  Try wearing gift.  It's boxed, sigh. 
  13.  Go home, rez box, get gift...twice.  Delete extras, wear 2018 token.
  14.  Return to Winter Wonderland.  Flying and local teleporting aren't allowed.  Walk to Snowball Arena.
  15.  Get SnowZooka.  The thing is huge and blocks my aim in Mouselook, and also takes forever to reload.  Get pwned.
  16.  Wander and cam through the sim, clicking on anything that looks like a gift box or a "chest", as mentioned in the clue.
  17.  Wind up back at the entrance.  Why, there's Holocluck Henly, an old acquaintance!  Chat for a while, while following other avatars around the sim with my camera.  Maybe one of them is smarter than I am.
  18.  Someone in local chat begs for help in finding the gift.  I commiserate with her.
  19.  Get a Rescue IM from an angel of mercy who tells me where to look.  (Thank you!)
  20.  Walk back to the Snowball Arena (again!!)
  21.  Find the prize by camming.  Too far away.  Can't fly or teleport, or even walk directly to it.
  22.  Stumble through a convoluted path, only to find the prize is guarded by huge ice balls falling at random, plus a lot of avatars armed with snow rifles who are NOT shooting at random.  Thank goodness for Firestorm's Movelock.
  23.  Click prize.  Nothin'.  Click prize again, nothin'.  Wait a moment, try again.  Success!  First level of my Swaginator candy cane HUD gets filled in, I get prize. Darn lag!
  24.  Go home.  Drink large vodka.
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I went through this last night, too.

LL is sure making the Winter Gift Hunt a hard game to play.  Of course, I'm bad at hunts anyway, so maybe I am not a representative sample.

1.  See the announcement of the 5 week Winter Swag Hunt.
  2.  Try to teleport to the first location using the SLURL link in the post.  FAIL (technical difficulties; I got the "reset your clock" login failure on Monday).
  3.  Try again on Tuesday.  Success!  Spend thirty minutes in the Portal Park looking for the prize.
  4.  After slowly camming all around the Park, finally realize I'm going to have to go to Winter Wonderland.  Duh.
  5.  Can't fly or local TP to the gate from where I'm sitting.  Take five minutes to wend my way around the Portal Park to the Winter Wonderland entrance.
  6.  Knock at the door.  Fail.  Try to walk through.  Fail.  Try to sit on the door.  Finally get a notice to accept the Experience.  Accept.  SWOOSH, at last!
  7.  Pick up the Swaginator HUD.
  8.  Wander through the sim, looking for the prize object.  Get distracted by the Snowball Arena.
  9.  Have fun shooting and getting shot.  Decide I want the Premium-only SnowZooka.
  10.  Try Premium token from 2017.  Didn't think that would work.
  11.  Think maybe this year's token is at the Premium Gift kiosk.  Teleport there.  Success!
  12.  Try wearing gift.  It's boxed, sigh. 
  13.  Go home, rez box, get gift...twice.  Delete extras, wear 2018 token.
  14.  Return to Winter Wonderland.  Flying and local teleporting aren't allowed.  Walk to Snowball Arena.
  15.  Get SnowZooka.  The thing is huge and blocks my aim in Mouselook, and also takes forever to reload.  Get pwned.
  16.  Wander and cam through the sim, clicking on anything that looks like a gift box or a "chest", as mentioned in the clue.
  17.  Wind up back at the entrance.  Why, there's Holocluck Henly, an old acquaintance!  Chat for a while, while following other avatars around the sim with my camera.  Maybe one of them is smarter than I am.
  18.  Someone in local chat begs for help in finding the gift.  I commiserate with her.
  19.  Get a Rescue IM from an angel of mercy who tells me where to look.  (Thank you!)
  20.  Walk back to the Snowball Arena (again!!)
  21.  Find the prize by camming.  Too far away.  Can't fly or teleport, or even walk directly to it.
  22.  Stumble through a convoluted path, only to find the prize is guarded by huge ice balls falling at random, plus a lot of avatars armed with snow rifles who are NOT shooting at random.  Thank goodness for Firestorm's Movelock.
  23.  Click prize.  Nothin'.  Click prize again, nothin'.  Wait a moment, try again.  Success!  First level of my Swaginator candy cane HUD gets filled in, I get prize. Darn lag!
  24.  Go home.  Drink large vodka.

Yes, there were parts that were a bit frustrating.  However, I have Fly Override set, so I flew to the Winter Wonderland Portal entrance despite flying being disabled (yes, bad me).  Then when I got to Winter Wonderland, I immediately took an LM -- it does work for TPing directly back.  I then cammed around and used the "double-click TP" option to put myself on the bridge directly - even if flying was enabled, it was still a long way.  I then took another LM at that location, just in case.

Hopefully, the later weeks will be a bit easier -- though it is highly possible that they'll still be at the Winter Wonderland location.

37 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

How did you manage to get double click teleporting to work?  Every time I tried, it sent me to the arrival point.

No clue, I just did it - from that little village area that you land in when you come from Portal Park (a place I absolutely despise, btw - always crowded).  I wonder if something changed from when I first went there Monday evening.

Side comment - I wonder why LL sets Portal Park and places like Winter Wonderland as No Fly.

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No clue, I just did it - from that little village area that you land in when you come from Portal Park (a place I absolutely despise, btw - always crowded).  I wonder if something changed from when I first went there Monday evening.

Side comment - I wonder why LL sets Portal Park and places like Winter Wonderland as No Fly.

I’ve found double click TP only works in Snowball Arena, not in Wonderland. 

As for ‘changing’ things.... I have to suspect those Moles are at work with keeping all us on our toes!!!

btw I tried snowzooka.. it’s snowball is HUGE and doesn’t shoot far...  (would only be good for a group of Moles standing in one spot!). Rifle is best bet, I think.... tho haven’t tried pistol yet 

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

How did you manage to get double click teleporting to work?  Every time I tried, it sent me to the arrival point.

1 hour ago, TechDave said:

I’ve found double click TP only works in Snowball Arena, not in Wonderland. 

I just TPd back to Winter Wonderland, cammed to the gift box and double-clicked TPd successfully to it.

I checked the sims and TP routing is currently only turned on in the Winterr Wonderland 2 sim, which is the sim that you land in when coming from Portal Park.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:
  •  Think maybe this year's token is at the Premium Gift kiosk.  Teleport there.  Success!
  •  Try wearing gift.  It's boxed, sigh. 
  •  Go home, rez box, get gift...twice.  Delete extras, wear 2018 token.

I discovered that the box automatically unpacks when you wear it -- thus why you ended up with two gifts after manually unpacking the box.

It would have been nice if there had been a bit more information around some of this stuff.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.