A Must Go for Couples!

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Went to a most amazing build in SL...the Seaside Restaurant and Lounge free to eat and experience.

It's just a gorgeous design through and through.  The use of mesh tremendously beautiful!

Hope u enjoy it as much as I did!

I hope more sims consider upgrading to mesh because it's just so much better than a bunch of mis-matched cheap looking textures on some sims.  The cheap looking old sims without mesh made my boyfriend and I want to leave, which we did...leave.  Most of which are classified as "romantic".  No, they weren't.

Many old sims do need to upgrade to mesh if they can afford it.   Or, just start upgrading little by little.  Sims with cruddy looking old textures that are so junky (if you read this), take a look at the beautiful restaurant mentioned above to see what I mean about this outstandingly beautiful design of The Seaside Restaurant and Lounge.

Edited by FairreLilette

On 11/20/2018 at 3:32 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Seems like a Yelp! review.

How was the service? Are reservations required? Pictures would have helped.

Fun fact, some destinations are “grungy” on purpose!

I didn't say grungy, I said cruddy!  Grunge is an art, cruddy is well, cruddy.  

There is no service, you work the food menu yourselves.  No need for reservations.  

It is gorgeous though!   

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 1:55 AM, FairreLilette said:

...most amazing

...a gorgeous design ...tremendously beautiful!

...enjoy it as much as I did!

...it's just so much better than ... cheap looking textures ... The cheap looking old sims ... I want to leave ...   

...sims do need to upgrade ... that are so junky ... take a look at the beautiful restaurant mentioned above ... this outstandingly beautiful design.

Wayyyyyy to many buzzwords. You missed your goal completely.
Be happy at that place, but dont expect me to show up, or to tell others about.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Wayyyyyy to many buzzwords. You missed your goal completely.
Be happy at that place, but dont expect me to show up, or to tell others about.

Sorry about too many BUZZ words!  

I have been in SL a year...but this was really my first time out and about!   So, I was excited.

However, in the time it took you to copy all those buzz words, you could have just looked up the sim and visited.

It's very nice!  

And yes, some of these old sims need an upgrade -- add some mesh or partial mesh, but YES IT IS OFF TOPIC re:  old sims and cheap or cruddy (inferior) looking textures. 

So, let's close the off topic stuff already in this thread.  We can debate whether some sims need an upgrade or not elsewhere or another time.   

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Sorry about too many BUZZ words!  

I have been in SL a year...but this was really my first time out and about!   So, I was excited.

However, in the time it took you to copy all those buzz words, you could have just looked up the sim and visited.

It's very nice!  

And yes, some of these old sims need an upgrade -- add some mesh or partial mesh, but YES IT IS OFF TOPIC re:  old sims and cheap or cruddy (inferior) looking textures. 

So, let's close the off topic stuff already in this thread.  We can debate whether some sims need an upgrade or not elsewhere or another time.   

Im not sure, if its that useful to talk about upgrades, as its up to the sim owner, to do something about, or not.
Just go to "tempura", for example. That sim must look like being stuck at the stone age for you, but its still crowded, at any time of the day.
So maybe not everyone wants and needs the latest mesh improvements to be happy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Im not sure, if its that useful to talk about upgrades, as its up to the sim owner, to do something about, or not.
Just go to "tempura", for example. That sim must look like being stuck at the stone age for you, but its still crowded, at any time of the day.

I think it's too much off topic in this thread and a separate thread should be started on it.

Another time though...it's a holiday today.

Edit:  Unless you want to start a thread or anyone wants to start a thread regarding "improvements" with mesh/partial mesh versus older sim builds being possibly inferior in quality....go ahead, it's a free world and I think an important topic.  To me anyhow, as I am here for "visual beauty" as part of my SL experience.  

I would like to discuss, but later...again, it's a holiday today.  

Edited by FairreLilette

14 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

This!!  I am glad to see some sims from 10 years ago still look the same. It's very comforting to me to go back and revisit old memories.  (not all mesh looks better than old prim/sculpt builds) 

Thanks for posting. I am always looking for different places to visit in SL. While it is not my favorite restaurant, it is quite lovely and charming.  It reminds me of being at a resort with the tropical bungalows across the water. A great place to keep on the list for a quiet romantic evening or even to take photos.

16 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

This!!  I am glad to see some sims from 10 years ago still look the same. It's very comforting to me to go back and revisit old memories.  (not all mesh looks better than old prim/sculpt builds) 

Nostalgia versus progress.  And, I'm not saying progress is always better.  I've had my nostalgias in RL too, and always thought the so called "progress" wasn't an improvement.

It reminds me of The Kinks song, "Come Dancin'"..."the day they knocked down the Pallie, my sister stood and cried"....

I don't believe they should altogether get rid of the nostalgia of SL altogether either, but putting in a few nicer textures that don't look so cheap (or even like the free ones that are in everyone's inventory when they join) would deter from the nostalgia.  

Re-decorating happens all the time.  But, ultimately, a home is made with love and is what you make it whether you re-decorate every year or never.  

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I think it's too much off topic in this thread and a separate thread should be started on it.

<snip>

Edit:  Unless you want to start a thread or anyone wants to start a thread regarding "improvements" with mesh/partial mesh versus older sim builds being possibly inferior in quality....go ahead, it's a free world and I think an important topic. 

Apparently nobody informed you that once you start a thread, you basically have no control over where it goes.  As long as it isn't violating TOS or Community Standards, threads will sometimes meander and you cannot dictate the path.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Wow, is that gazebo ever primitive!  I went to Tempura Island.  I gather is what you were talking about.   

Did the sim look like "the stone age" to me, yes, pretty much but I was wondering if Tempura Island was one of the first sims ever built here?  

It's interesting in it's own Nostalgic way.  

@LittleMe Jewell...oh, I thought the rules said to please not go off topic.  

Nostalgia and progress seemed to me to be it's own topic.  

And, as far as threads going their own way...I guess, ultimately, Second Life is too going to go it's own way.  There is no control over what is built, re-built or torn down in world as long as it's within guidelines, too.   

Edited by FairreLilette

27 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

@LittleMe Jewell...oh, I thought the rules said to please not go off topic.  

Well, "off topic" is a matter of interpretation and very subjective.  Typically, an OP has a very strong idea of what their topic means, but it can often mean many things to many people. 

Additionally, the minute you said the following, in your opening post, you introduced the sub-topic of whether or not sims should upgrade to mesh - even if you did not intend to.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:55 PM, FairreLilette said:

Many old sims do need to upgrade to mesh if they can afford it.   Or, just start upgrading little by little.  Sims with cruddy looking old textures that are so junky (if you read this) ..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, "off topic" is a matter of interpretation and very subjective.  Typically, an OP has a very strong idea of what their topic means, but it can often mean many things to many people. 

Additionally, the minute you said the following, in your opening post, you introduced the sub-topic of whether or not sims should upgrade to mesh - even if you did not intend to.

Yeah, I know I started the off topic.  It's a good topic regarding old and new technology 'cause computers are changing; that's just a fact.  And, what was a great texture ten years ago often is not today.  My first digital camera was a 2 megapixel camera; my second digital camera is a 24 megapixel camera.  What a difference!   

But, ultimately, how SL will change as technology evolves is up to each sim owner.  We can voice an opinion, but do opinions really matter?   I think maybe probably not.  

Edited by FairreLilette

13 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

My first digital camera was a 2 megapixel camera; my second digital camera is a 24 megapixel camera.  What a difference! 

Damn, my 12 MP DSLR cam still needs a sense for a good photo subject, decent illumination, and all that stuff... I just should upgrade to 24 MP, right? ;)  

5 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Damn, my 12 MP DSLR cam still needs a sense for a good photo subject, decent illumination, and all that stuff... I just should upgrade to 24 MP, right? ;)  

It is an amazing camera.  It's a whole other world.  

My first subjects were bark, concrete and fall leaves...not too decent of subjects.  lol  But, the photos are beyond amazing.   The detail this camera takes...it's just impossible to explain.  It's spoilt me.  

And, I loved my 2 mp camera because of the memories of it all.  I didn't give it up until it died.  I couldn't part with it, but it died.    

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.