Question

occasionally (every 2 to 3 months), let me pay a little profit (around $ 100) on my pay pal account. I did that again last Thursday. 
Everything seemed fine, but on Friday I received a mail from linden support that I need to identify with passport and address. 
And that had to be done within 30 days, otherwise my account was blocked. At first I thought, that is scam, but when I logged in on 
the website, I saw that it is real. they had already created a ticket that I could respond to, I did that yesterday and uploaded 
passport and address. now I am waiting for an answer and that makes me completely restless. Is that new, that they ask for an 
identification? and why only if I want some money? I am really worried about this, have I done something wrong? do you know how 
long that can take before I get an answer? 
it is all about minimum amounts, so I do not understand this whole procedure

below my current account statement, my limits and the transaction last Thursday

There is a problem with your account

·         Your account does not have sufficent funds to request a payout.

Your Current Limits

Your current tier is:

LindeX L$ Buy Limit (24 hr):

LindeX L$ Buy Limit (30 days):

LindeX L$ Sell Limit (24 hr):

LindeX L$ Sell Limit (30 days):

US$ Process Credit (24 hr):

US$ Process Credit (30 days):

Resident 1

US $0.00 of US $1999.00 used

US $73.98 of US $1999.00 used

US $0.00 of US $999.00 used

US $74.00 of US $999.00 use

Date / time

Description

Amount

Ending Balance

2018-11-15 12:42:00

PayPal Process Credit net of fee. Payout request #1410706

$71.00

($0.86)

2018-11-15 12:42:00

PayPal Process Credit processing fee. Payout request #1410706

$3.00

($71.86)

2018-11-15 12:39:54

Currency Exchange - order #70493007

($64.70)

($74.86)

2018-11-15 12:39:54

Currency Exchange - order #70573941

($9.28)

($10.16)

10 answers to this question

It's not unusual to be asked to  provide ID proof even if you haven't provided it in the past Yesterday was Sunday when you sent your info.  Give it a few days for the linden support staff to get to your ticket with your information. 

Cindy, I know I have to be patient, but I have never had any problems before and always 
try to prevent that. It just is not good because it happened so unexpectedly and I wonder 
if I did something wrong. I hope that it can be resolved quickly and not become a drama. 
thank you for the answer

PS i'm not  newbie, lol, member since 2006

Edited by Annastasia Scofield

3 hours ago, Annastasia Scofield said:

Cindy, I know I have to be patient, but I have never had any problems before and always 
try to prevent that. It just is not good because it happened so unexpectedly and I wonder 
if I did something wrong. I hope that it can be resolved quickly and not become a drama. 
thank you for the answer

PS i'm not  newbie, lol, member since 2006

The request for ID verification type stuff can be triggered when you've finally hit a certain amount that you have taken out of SL.  In the US, under certain conditions, LL has to report payouts to the IRS for tax purposes.

hello Neural Blankes , 

how terrible. If I read this, I can indeed be glad that I have received that mail. 
But it is what you say, time ticking. Phone call is not a good option for me, because my
English is really bad on the phone and I also understand only half of it. (I use the 
translator for writing). I have received a confirmation that the support team has received
my documents, that gives hope. But the whole course of things is disturbing for me. 
it is about such small amounts (maybe 350 $ in 2018), and I do not understand that a member,
with a premium account and almost 12 years of membership, is being threatened with blockade 
without warning. It will have to do with it, that, as you say, the whole procedure was spent
on another company. And I also understand that the support staff has more to do than just 
processing ONE ticket, but I'm only dealing with that ONE question. I hope for you and me 
and maybe a few others, that LL carefully handles this and that the problem will be resolved quickly.

1 hour ago, Annastasia Scofield said:

how terrible.

yes terrible, but in her own post she has several supporting answers already, crossposting won't help either of you.

[yes i know...wrong account...🙀]

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We can, I think, declare this thread resolved.  Neural's problem, it turns out, isn't the same as Annastasia's.  In Neural's case (sussed out in her other thread), the problem is that her browser is not showing her the correct options for submitting her support case (Billing/Process Credit).

Annastasia's problem is different; she needs to submit proof of her RL identity for RL tax purposes.  While annoying, this has been going on for several years now.  It should only have to be done once.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

We can, I think, declare this thread resolved.  Neural's problem, it turns out, isn't the same as Annastasia's.  In Neural's case (sussed out in her other thread), the problem is that her browser is not showing her the correct options for submitting her support case (Billing/Process Credit).

Annastasia's problem is different; she needs to submit proof of her RL identity for RL tax purposes.  While annoying, this has been going on for several years now.  It should only have to be done once.

hm, as long as my account has not been cleaned, this thread has not yet been resolved for me.
 I did receive a mail from the support team, that they have received my documents and that they
 will handle it. After that mail they have closed the ticket. But on my account site nothing has
 changed since then, it still says something is wrong with my account. Knowing that this week in
 the USA is thanksgiving, and hoping that that is the cause that nothing has yet been repaired,
 I now wait until next week. Hopefully everything goes well, this makes me really nervous

1 hour ago, Annastasia Scofield said:

hm, as long as my account has not been cleaned, this thread has not yet been resolved for me.
 I did receive a mail from the support team, that they have received my documents and that they
 will handle it. After that mail they have closed the ticket. But on my account site nothing has
 changed since then, it still says something is wrong with my account. Knowing that this week in
 the USA is thanksgiving, and hoping that that is the cause that nothing has yet been repaired,
 I now wait until next week. Hopefully everything goes well, this makes me really nervous

Might be worth paying for a month of Premium just so you can use Live Chat today before they go home - though that is only for another 30 min.

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
  Live Chat is available 6am to 3pm PST every day.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Well, at least your e-mail was received.  I requested a process credit last Tuesday, and only through contacting billing support today did I discover that they had supposedly sent me an "additional information" e-mail.

I contacted billing support and spoke with Ginger who told me the same thing about the "additional information" being required, etc.   Except to my knowledge I never got the e-mail.  It is not in any folder, spam, or trash, etc.

She also claims to have opened a ticket and escalated it to the people who work with process credit (supposedly this is a different group from the billing department that is behind the great "support system" firewall, and cannot be contacted by phone), however the support ticket number I was given does not exist on my ticket history.  Not in open status, closed status, or pending.  It's simply non-existent.  I received an e-mail from Ginger at around 12:45pm today, stating the ticket had been created.  It is now past 3pm and it's not showing up.  (see edit below)

Meanwhile my 30 days are ticking away (5 of which are already gone).

It's amazing how important it is when real money is being brought *into* Second Life.  Got an issue, we have a phone number with live people from 9 to 5 on business days.

Want to take money *out* of SL?  You'll need to wait, send additional information, wait more, hope they don't forget, oh and if there's a problem, you'll need to file a ticket that will sit in queue for days, all while your account is under threat of termination if you don't respond to that e-mail which may or may not have ended up in your spam folder, etc.

I get that patience is needed, but giving me a song and dance about creating a support ticket and escalating it, etc. when nothing is actually being done is over the line. (edit: Through support, it has been verified that this ticket *does* apparently exist, however because of a system bug/problem, support has stated that tickets created by their agents on behalf of SL residents are *not* showing up on the ticket history)

Edited by Neural Blankes

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The request for ID verification type stuff can be triggered when you've finally hit a certain amount that you have taken out of SL.  In the US, under certain conditions, LL has to report payouts to the IRS for tax purposes.

Once the ID verification information is sent, it needs to be stored on LL's side to stop this nonsense.  Having to send scanned images or personal information off of passports or such over the web is bad enough as it is.  Having to repeatedly do it is just asking for trouble.