Jump to content
xRiViTx

About Land > Access (Help)

Recommended Posts

I own a 30k sim that I'm currently renovating. Of course, I'd prefer to keep it locked while I work. An issue I've come across is that random people can still get in. Double checked my settings until I discovered this:

be378aa18cc401940ca0847b83053480.png

This is grayed out. I set the group Uruk - City of the Sword to the parcel (parcel being the entire sim) and I own the group. 

91ee2292f40bf8923a6430585e8bfe78.png

This is what the region/estate's main tab looks like (cut off the bottom to protect people's privacy). I find it odd that access and estate can have conflicting values at all. What am I doing wrong here?

Edited by xRiViTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to see if I could get help here first before doing that because I'm not sure if its a technical issue or that I'm not ticking a box somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some bots can still get in,  those measuring regions active for the grid list  (not sure of the technical term)  Do your visitors stay long?  Mine arrive at 1000m  in the air and disappear immediately, about 3 times a day as far as I can tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xRiViTx said:

I own a 30k sim that I'm currently renovating. Of course, I'd prefer to keep it locked while I work. An issue I've come across is that random people can still get in. Double checked my settings until I discovered this:

be378aa18cc401940ca0847b83053480.png

This is grayed out. I set the group Uruk - City of the Sword to the parcel (parcel being the entire sim) and I own the group. 

91ee2292f40bf8923a6430585e8bfe78.png

This is what the region/estate's main tab looks like (cut off the bottom to protect people's privacy). I find it odd that access and estate can have conflicting values at all. What am I doing wrong here?

As far i know the Region window overrules the parcel details. That's why the parcel details are greyed out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

As far i know the Region window overrules the parcel details. 

With the region blocking access, this is correct. The parcel details should still be alterable. Possilby RiViT hasn't have control in that group?

 

1 hour ago, xRiViTx said:

An issue I've come across is that random people can still get in.

91ee2292f40bf8923a6430585e8bfe78.png&key 

With this setting.. they must be in one of the groups you allow. It's pretty rock solid security.

What I would suggest you do is clear out the allowed groups in Alt-R, and allowed people list to just you (as estate owner you can always enter, no matter what).

That will stop anyone coming in at all. When you have finished, put the allowed groups back, and flip it back to anyone can visit. Don't forget the apply.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

With the region blocking access, this is correct. The parcel details should still be alterable. Possilby RiViT hasn't have control in that group?

again as far i know ;)   it the region is complete, not parcelled it will take the region settings.
As in the past also happened, conflicting settings, perhaps cause none to work correctly ( as example: both group and open access enabled, caused lock except owner)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

again as far i know ;)   it the region is complete, not parcelled it will take the region settings.

Interesting, i will check it out tomorrow :D cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

As far i know the Region window overrules the parcel details. That's why the parcel details are greyed out

That would explain part of it, I suppose.

40 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I think some bots can still get in,  those measuring regions active for the grid list  (not sure of the technical term)  Do your visitors stay long?  Mine arrive at 1000m  in the air and disappear immediately, about 3 times a day as far as I can tell. 

The people getting in weren't bots. They had normal profiles and were walking around clicking stuff until I politely asked them to leave.

 

11 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

With the region blocking access, this is correct. The parcel details should still be alterable. Possilby RiViT hasn't have control in that group?

 

91ee2292f40bf8923a6430585e8bfe78.png&key 

With this setting.. they must be in one of the groups you allow. It's pretty rock solid security.

What I would suggest you do is clear out the allowed groups in Alt-R, and allowed people list to just you (as estate owner you can always enter, no matter what).

That will stop anyone coming in at all. When you have finished, put the allowed groups back, and flip it back to anyone can visit. Don't forget the apply.

I have full control of the group I created, yes. I'm going to try your suggestion and wait to see if it worked (usually a few randos come in every day).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And an update - another random person was able to get in, even after clearing the lists of allowed groups and people in the Estate/Region panel. I guess it's time to start up a support ticket - I'll post the resolution (if I get one) in case anyone else ends up running into this problem. Thank you all for the replies and assistance. ?

EDIT: Fixed! Got in touch with LL via live chat. Apparently, "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" has to be ticked in order for the sim to be "locked" to you and your whitelist/estate managers. 

Edited by xRiViTx
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...