Random Bouncing(Teleporting)

IvySaoirse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, so I've noticed something odd happening whenever I teleport to any location other than my "home". 

So let me paint a picture. 

So my avi has just landed on a lovely sim, to go dancing at a club called Muddy's. Everything begins to rez, and quite slowly as per the usual on my end of SL. I walk my avi towards the main entrance of Muddy's, avoiding the cheeto dust avi's that have yet to form actual bodies. I enter the club and take in the room, it's full of happily dancing avatars and great music to bop to. I make my way to the dancefloor, again I avoid all the cheeto dust particles so as not to bump or push someone. Almost as soon as I find a comfortable spot, my avi pops to another place at the club! Before I can even get my bearings I pop over to another spot! Bouncing around the club like a racket ball with. I don't touch my mouse, afraid that if I clicked something I'd lose my marbles and get logged out. I didn't want to get booted from the sim for all of that bouncing so I quickly hit home and left. I got home and took a step out of the landing path, my avatar popped outside the house suddenly! Not only is this occurring off on other sims but it's happening at home as well.

I have taken great pains trying to figure out the problem myself and have come up with no relief. I wish to best this beast and get back to a sense of normalcy on SL. Any opinion is welcome and suggestions will be well received.

It sounds like some form of "rubber banding".  I believe I've had this happen to me in very crowded venues, like the flash mobs that accompany "1 Linden 1 Hour" sale announcements.

Have you tried just waiting a few minutes until all or most of the other avatars have rezzed?  (Maybe just move a couple of steps off the arrival point, but otherwise, hold still a while.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It sounds like some form of "rubber banding".  I believe I've had this happen to me in very crowded venues, like the flash mobs that accompany "1 Linden 1 Hour" sale announcements.

Have you tried just waiting a few minutes until all or most of the other avatars have rezzed?  (Maybe just move a couple of steps off the arrival point, but otherwise, hold still a while.)

I have, and even if I do end up waiting it continues to occur. It's happening more often as well, nearly every time I log on. Relogging doesn't solve the issue, nor does it improve the frequency. 

might be that Teleport or Move to clicked point is enabled. Teleport and Move can happen when it shouldn't when things are a bit laggy

menu: Me \ Preferences \ Move & View \ Single click on land | Double click on land. Set both to No Action if they aren't already. If they are No Action already then its something else. Toggle them just to make sure

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.