granting permission to take lindens from my acount

Ricky Lamplugh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

. I cant give permissions to take lindens from my account. I got a game and its needs permission to take lindens from my account but it does not come up to aske me to give permission. I get no error messages and I have rebooted and took game in and put pack out and it still wont ask. the game says first thing I have to do is give permission. I am using firestorm 64 viewer. it use to work fine as I have other games I had to give permissions

Edited by Ricky Lamplugh

13 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Ricky Lamplugh said:

I cant give permissions to take lindens from my account. I got a game and its needs permission to take lindens from my account but it does not come up to aske me to give permission

Does your script include llRequestPermissions (owner_UUID, PERMISSION_DEBIT) ?   Do you have a run_time_permissions event to check and see if permission was granted?

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

From who?  Did you contact the person you got it from? 

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Does your script include llRequestPermissions (owner_UUID, PERMISSION_DEBIT) ?   Do you have a run_time_permissions event to check and see if permission was granted?

2 minutes ago, Ricky Lamplugh said:

yes I have other that requested and they work. I cant add permission on any new games that require permissions

If I understand correctly, you are using scripts that someone else wrote, and they are not working.  You probably cannot see into the scripts themselves, so you cannot tell why they are not working.  Therefore, you are going to have to deal with the scripter who wrote them or, at least, with whoever sold them to you.  Anyone else will just be guessing at what's wrong, and won;t be able to fix it.

Okay first: if you give permission for that game to take L$ from you, that means it will take L$ from you. As long as you're sure it's supposed to do that (prize money to others for a contest you sponsor or something) then fine.

First - look at the top right of your screen: do you see a little box with a number in it? If you do, click on it. That opens your events box - look at the tabs - click the tabs that have a number in it - it could be that you are being asked permission, but that the permission menu has "timed out".

If you see the event that SL is asking permission, click that and the menu will appear again where you can say yes. Just be extra-super sure that you want to say yes.

If none of this is working, then check if the game is MODIFY. If it is, then EDIT it and in BUILD menu, choose SCRIPTS->RESET SCRIPTS to see if that helps. If it doesn't (or you are unable to reset scripts) then contact the creator for help.

Be VERY sure that the maker is reputable.

Games that award prizes (and quite a few other things too) need to have that permission to take $L from your account.  However, this function is also used in some very nasty scam items.  You rez the item, grant it this permission, and...oops, all your $L is gone.  Such objects can continue to take money from you, as long as they are rezzed in world.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.