PTSD

Saperfi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are tons if you use the search option for groups. Though, I'm not sure how active they are.

Some I saw: 
PTSD Support Group. Main Chapter. -179 members
ME/CFS Centre group- 121 members
*Fearless Nation PTSD Support*- 97 members

There was a lot more, but these were the top three with the most members.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Saperfi said:

Hello , are there active places or groups for people with PTSD ? it would be nice to open up to someone not in RL. 

Thanks in advance! 

There is also a place that deals with PTSD - and tries to show people how veterans with PTSD may feel after returning home. It has also a skybox to calm down, and offers lots of RL support phone numbers.

Just look for PTSD in the "Places" search, you may find it there (if it still exists -- I wasn't there for a while, so I don't know for sure).

ETA: I just was shortly in that Mall at CDP PTSD1, and it's very different to how it was a year or two ago when I visited that place last time. Obviously, it now works with "experiences", and I haven't found support call numbers or calming skyboxes. :(

Edited by ThorinII
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 10:16 AM, Saperfi said:

Hello , are there active places or groups for people with PTSD ? it would be nice to open up to someone not in RL. 

Thanks in advance! 

I do not know of any, but I do hope you find what you are looking for and need, and even if it is support of new friends etc Second Life can really help. 

I'd be wary of any groups, communities or venues that claim to offer any other support than that of being around people who have similar experiences. Wikipedia-therapists ought to be tarred and feathered. 

I am not a therapist or whatever, but I always see from others' POV and have empathy for them which makes them feel better. Im simply an empath who could lend you a non-judging ear and talk to you as a friend if you want, to make you feel better. Contact me inworld if you would love that, susanpoora. Take care.

Edited by SusanPoora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.