i have an NVIDA GEFORCE 1050 ti graphics card and SL ran beautifully on my new Dell GE 15 laptop when i first got it. Sound problems forced techs to reset the puter to factory which did not load properly and since then no inventory, groups, names on it

Katsii Tennen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i had SL up and running beautifully on my new Dell GE 15 Laptop with Nvidia GEFORCE 1050 ti graphics card.  Then i ran into other problems (static) that the techs from Dell, in trying to troubleshoot did a reset to factory, which did not reload right (the problem turned out to be a bad motherboard which has since been replaced).  Some apps were left off.  The next guy did a complete update.  I have a list of the missing files.  Since then neither SL or Firestorm will load my inventory (folders yes, items no), I also have no groups, and names are gone...only UUID.  I still land in my nome and see all my rezzed items.  most stuff other than those are working.  EVerything works on my old Lenovo laptop with Win 8.1 and a much weaker graphics card.  It's all there.  I am in despair.  I've uninstalled, manually uninstalled everything in the directories...though not the directories themselves...done a clean install of SL viewer and nothing seems to work.  HELP?  do i 

still missing apps.PNG

1 answer to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.