What is going on here?

Sammy Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At this time we are undergoing unscheduled maintenance that may cause some avatars to appear as a cloud for an extended period of time. We expect this issue to clear up gradually over the next hour or two, and inventory is not affected by this maintenance. Please note that at this time relogging will not resolve an avatar appearing as a cloud and mass relogging may extend the timeline for resolution. We thank you for your patience apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow this blog for more updates.

3 minutes ago, Mandy Carbenell said:

At this time we are undergoing unscheduled maintenance that may cause some avatars to appear as a cloud for an extended period of time. We expect this issue to clear up gradually over the next hour or two, and inventory is not affected by this maintenance. Please note that at this time relogging will not resolve an avatar appearing as a cloud and mass relogging may extend the timeline for resolution. We thank you for your patience apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow this blog for more updates.

But I'm not an orange cloud, it says if I look like a cloud for extended periods. That isn't a cloud, that is just avatarception. 

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

There's another thread somewhere about this and thank goodness I read it before I logged on.

The advice is to "edit shape"......just go in and out and it should clear!!!!!

Thank you for that suggestion, now my standard hair, is just sticking out. Even though, I have alphas on.

30 minutes ago, Mandy Carbenell said:

if linden labs put a banner across the top of all there websites like an ad people might be a little more informed when maintenance is happening

16 minutes ago, iceing Braveheart said:

if linden labs put a banner across the top of all there websites like an ad people might be a little more informed when maintenance is happening

if people simply have a look at the gridstatus page as soon there's a problem it wouldn't need to polute all websites or disturb all inworld.
For sure not when it's very obvious inworld something isn't right.

• Like 1

In this case I thought it was an avatar issue until someone told me it was gridwide.  It looks to me like default hair and maybe the default mesh before skin makes it look human are being displayed on mesh avatars.

Most gridwide problems I do check the status first.  The type of problem made me think it was just my avatar, so publicizing better that many/most avatars were dealing with it would have been very helpful.

Going into edit appearance seems to fix how it looks to you, but not to everyone else.

I've been trying out some of my hairs and they seem to be playing around just now. With a mind of their own. One reappeared without me selecting it.....it was the last one I tried.

Plus the fact that I couldn't get an animation to save.....super slow.... but did it in the end. Now the Marketplace is down..........so I can't spend anything without going back in world...........

Time to bail out for now.

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A what who threads?

the sky is falling in - the grids down/can't log in/forums went down for maintenance hysterics.   

Chicken Little, also known as Henny Penny and sometimes as Chicken Licken, is a European folk tale with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.