SL Viewer windows don't load properly

Snow Greymoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey guys.  Let me elaborate on my problem -  Initially, when I tried to login, I got the prompt to review the new Terms/Services, but I couldn't see them and therfore couldn't check the box to login. (obviously I've been gone for awhile.) Uninstalled/reinstalled, still didn't work. Used the link on the site to launch SL, and for some reason it finally showed up. Sweet, right? Nah. My search results and other windows show nothing as well. I can see my inventory and bookmarks, IMs/notications, the rest is a complete blank. Any help would be useful. 

6 answers to this question

Hello Snow. Check out the link Identity posted, download another edition of viewer 2 and try to log in again. You can click Here also. The important i want to add is that you must to have your automatically updates OFF, because if they are activated you will download again the latest version of Viewer 2. (Menu Me --> Preferences --> Setup --> Software Updates --> Download and install updates manually --> OK )

Hi Snow,

Welcome back to SL :)

The problem you described is a random little bug that seems to hit all different viewers at one time or another. The good news is that for each person affected, they only get the problem on one viewer. So you can switch to any other viewer and you will be fine.

If you have the latest LL viewer, try switching back to the previous version which you can download here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers make sure that you switch off automatic updates in your preferences. When the next update is released you should be able to switch to that one with no problem.

Other alternate viewers can be found on: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.