i cant edit my shape

emberitedarkurra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, emberitedarkurra said:

its not highlighted I have two avatars and I cant edit the shape on both please help me 

you speak about highlighted?... i nearly think you try to edit it with the build tool ?... thats not possible

you have to go in "edit appearance" (right click yourself it's there, and edit shape) make a copy of your original shape first!
when you enter the "edit shape" mode a  new window will open with sliders for editing your shape in nearly any possible way.

Good Luck  :) 

keep in mind: some creators made their shape No Mod .. you'll be not able to change it.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 1

Ethan's correct, but it's even more confusing than that.

One of the fundamental parts of the "classic" avatar is the shape.  One and only one shape, skin, eyes, and hair base MUST be worn.  These "essential four" items define a bare minimum avatar.  As a result, you can't take them off in the normal way, but you can replace them with another item of the same kind.  The classic avatar's appearance can be edited with the Appearance sliders, but this ability may be constrained by some or all of the "essential four" being No Modify.

For the past few years, we have also had Mesh bodies, heads, and other body parts available.  These are worn over the classic avatar, with the "old" style avatar being hidden by alpha masks.  Most mesh body parts and clothing are "rigged" mesh.  "Rigged" means that the mesh has been linked to the avatar skeleton, so that it will bend and move with you.  This is great, except that rigged mesh can't be edited for size or position.  This is why Mesh clothes come in an assortment of sizes, in an attempt to give you one that fits acceptably.

Some of these rigged Mesh body items are what is called "fitted" mesh, or "fitmesh".  Fitmesh items are linked to the bones in the avatar skeleton that determine its shape.  As a result, changing the Appearance sliders will also affect the shape of these body parts...but almost never to the exact same extent as the sliders affect the classic avatar.

All in all, it's a minefield out there.  Mod/No Mod, Classic/Mesh avatars, Rigged, Fitted...it takes a lot of experience, and experimenting, to find what works, and what works with what else.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.