Can't Set Skybox As Home

LadyGooGooMuck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have set my skybox rental as my SL home location, assuming that is allowed...  got a note in to my landlady, who always responds within a business day, but I thought I'd try this forum as well...

I have activated, to the best of my knowledge, the "set home to here" command in the drop down menu, but there is no check or sign indicating it's active...  when I do logon, it's evident SL does indeed try to TP me to the skybox, but then I'm always redirected to a random parcel, along with a prompt saying my desired location is "unavailable"...  it's only once I'm TP'd elsewhere that I'm allowed to TP to my skybox...  would greatly appreciate any advice on what's going wrong here... 

when the parcel is group-owned then the landlady as group owner may have disabled the ability to Set Home

this is sometimes done when renting tenant space on group-owned land. So that previous tenants who have vacated the rental will not continue to get sent to the parcel (now rented by someone else) when they press their viewer Home button

a way to get to your skybox easily in this situation is to create a landmark for your skybox. Rename it Home and add it to your Favorites Bar

upon further consideration, I've pretty much already done that...  I have my skybox landmarked...  that's how I get there once SL sends me to wherever they send me once I log on...  I'm trying to be able to logon and be sent directly to my skybox by SL...

Edited by LadyGooGooMuck
correct typo

the Favorites Bar can be enabled to display in the dropdown list on the login window when the viewer starts. So you can pick your Home landmark from there

the other thing you can select is: Login to last location.  What I do myself is go home (either parcel or landmark Home depending on where it is) before I log out. So that my last location is always my home parcel/space

with LL standard viewer

on the login page is the login to location dropdown list. Choices are: My Last Location and My Home. My Last Location will be your skybox when you log out from there

if you want to also surface your Favorites Bar locations in the drop down list

Me \ Preferences \ General \ Show favorite locations on login screen

• Like 1

okay...  never noticed those settings on the login page...  so I selected "home" and it works...  I had set my skybox for home in the viewer's menu thinking that was what it is for, so I'm not sure it's useful at all...  in any case, Ellestones, I finally got it, thanks to you so much!... 

Edited by LadyGooGooMuck
typo
  • Like 1

you welcome :)

and is all good about noticing things or not. Most of us are the same. Look at all the options and settings and go; umm! I think I will go shopping instead and worry another day about all the things I dunno and don't need to know right now

and when I do need to know about what I dunno then I will ask somebody else who might know what I dunno :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.