Benson Gravois

Best mesh male body?

34 minutes ago, Benson Gravois said:

Hey folks, I am behind the times and an just looking at getting a meshocked body. I have the Justin head from catwa, what would be the best mesh body ton for that?

'Best' is entirely subjective, and your decision should be based on a combination of things, and your answers to a couple of questions:

1. What kind of build do you want your body to have? (Slim? Gym-goer? etc.)
  2. Do you want to build a decent wardrobe and have a lot of clothing options, or are you happy to get just three or four outfits and have done with it?

Your answer to No.1 will be a little bit dependant on your answer to No.2. If you want a lot of clothing options, you need a body that a lot of creators are rigging for. Right now, those options are:

• Signature Gianni - Muscular 'gym-goer' body with very pronounced biceps, triceps, and deltoids. These can be reduced if you want a less-bulky look, but it'll take some slider work.
  • Belleza Jake - Good all-round body, but has some fitting issues around the neck with many mesh heads, and if you're not using a Bento AO your fingers will often 'starfish' out, as the Jake body has no hand poses built in. Note that the Jake body is also still in beta, and has had no updates since its release.
  • Slink Physique - 'Mr Average' body with a swimmer's torso and good shoulders which is still pretty well catered for, but losing support in favour of the 'muscle boy' bodies.
  • Signature Geralt - The newest male body, rapidly gaining clothing support. Fairly slim and lean, but with sleek musculature.

If you're not bothered by having too many clothing options, you can try other bodies as well, such as NX Nardcotix, Adam, and Ex-Machina Davide. Avoid TMP (The Mesh Project). It may be cheap right now, but it's proprietary (all customisation options run on external servers, and when those are eventually switched off you'll be left with a brick) and practically nobody is creating anything for it anymore.

All the major bodies will work perfectly with the Justin head. For a good match, you'll need to find a body applier in the same skintone and by the same designer, for both your Catwa head and the brand of mesh body that you choose. Prior to 21st Feb 2017 Catwa's non-Bento head skin defaults (in the Main HUD) matched to body skins by L'Etre, but they now match to the Gen 1 skins by Clef de Peau. Those particular Clef skins can ONLY be purchased from the vendor at the Catwa store, since the main Clef skins have since been updated twice. Body skins from the Clef de Peau mainstore will not match the Justin default skins.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to keep the skin as it is, go to the L'Etre store and try some of their body skin demos. They have been changed a few times since that date, so they won't match 100%, but they should still be close.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to match it with the Clef de Peau Gen1 skins in the Catwa mainstore, go to one of the update terminals at the Catwa landing point, and redeliver your head. (Redeliver the original purchase and - when you open it - you'll find the update inside.)

If you don't want to use the defaults, go to the male Bento heads section of the Catwa store, stand right outside and look to one side for the Skin Demo wing. Inside you'll find loads of demos to try (male skins are in one wing, female in the other).

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

Can I just say that I am looking forward to a time when all men have mesh bodies?  Can I?  ;) 

They only focused on buying ? sadly ?

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2018 at 10:18 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Though I already got a mesh body, I have to say this was really informative - I wish I had this knowledge when I was getting into it all a month or two ago! Thanks for the summary on bodies.

To provide my own input, I personally got Slink, but felt like Gianni might've been better. A lot more clothing options on there too. 

Edited by Rio Mizin

On 11/12/2018 at 4:08 AM, elixdude said:

They only focused on buying ? sadly ?

you would wish they did... lóts walk around with hugsies freenies....yuk

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

Cheap(er) and easy, though less popular, is Niramyth Aesthetic. 

Creeep. Eeeeeeeeeee.

I have seen *very few* Aesthetic avies that looked good and those were when the shape was toned way down for a more realistic shape. But the skin? Eeeww. OP: if you get an Aesthetic, get a new face or head. Seriously.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 4:18 PM, Skell Dagger said:

'Best' is entirely subjective, and your decision should be based on a combination of things, and your answers to a couple of questions:

1. What kind of build do you want your body to have? (Slim? Gym-goer? etc.)
  2. Do you want to build a decent wardrobe and have a lot of clothing options, or are you happy to get just three or four outfits and have done with it?

Your answer to No.1 will be a little bit dependant on your answer to No.2. If you want a lot of clothing options, you need a body that a lot of creators are rigging for. Right now, those options are:

• Signature Gianni - Muscular 'gym-goer' body with very pronounced biceps, triceps, and deltoids. These can be reduced if you want a less-bulky look, but it'll take some slider work.
  • Belleza Jake - Good all-round body, but has some fitting issues around the neck with many mesh heads, and if you're not using a Bento AO your fingers will often 'starfish' out, as the Jake body has no hand poses built in. Note that the Jake body is also still in beta, and has had no updates since its release.
  • Slink Physique - 'Mr Average' body with a swimmer's torso and good shoulders which is still pretty well catered for, but losing support in favour of the 'muscle boy' bodies.
  • Signature Geralt - The newest male body, rapidly gaining clothing support. Fairly slim and lean, but with sleek musculature.

If you're not bothered by having too many clothing options, you can try other bodies as well, such as NX Nardcotix, Adam, and Ex-Machina Davide. Avoid TMP (The Mesh Project). It may be cheap right now, but it's proprietary (all customisation options run on external servers, and when those are eventually switched off you'll be left with a brick) and practically nobody is creating anything for it anymore.

All the major bodies will work perfectly with the Justin head. For a good match, you'll need to find a body applier in the same skintone and by the same designer, for both your Catwa head and the brand of mesh body that you choose. Prior to 21st Feb 2017 Catwa's non-Bento head skin defaults (in the Main HUD) matched to body skins by L'Etre, but they now match to the Gen 1 skins by Clef de Peau. Those particular Clef skins can ONLY be purchased from the vendor at the Catwa store, since the main Clef skins have since been updated twice. Body skins from the Clef de Peau mainstore will not match the Justin default skins.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to keep the skin as it is, go to the L'Etre store and try some of their body skin demos. They have been changed a few times since that date, so they won't match 100%, but they should still be close.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to match it with the Clef de Peau Gen1 skins in the Catwa mainstore, go to one of the update terminals at the Catwa landing point, and redeliver your head. (Redeliver the original purchase and - when you open it - you'll find the update inside.)

If you don't want to use the defaults, go to the male Bento heads section of the Catwa store, stand right outside and look to one side for the Skin Demo wing. Inside you'll find loads of demos to try (male skins are in one wing, female in the other).

Hello, thank you for naming Exmachina Davide! I want just point out that we do have release anew alpha system, which is a sort of "community system" and let you all to wearn clothigns with old sizes and or for other brands, directly without any effort. It taketime for sure but will avoid the stress to "need" fitted mesh for the avatar. So there is a wide chocie of clothes, just designers don't know to have ready for us hehe