Best mesh male body?

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Benson Gravois said:

Hey folks, I am behind the times and an just looking at getting a meshocked body. I have the Justin head from catwa, what would be the best mesh body ton for that?

'Best' is entirely subjective, and your decision should be based on a combination of things, and your answers to a couple of questions:

1. What kind of build do you want your body to have? (Slim? Gym-goer? etc.)
  2. Do you want to build a decent wardrobe and have a lot of clothing options, or are you happy to get just three or four outfits and have done with it?

Your answer to No.1 will be a little bit dependant on your answer to No.2. If you want a lot of clothing options, you need a body that a lot of creators are rigging for. Right now, those options are:

• Signature Gianni - Muscular 'gym-goer' body with very pronounced biceps, triceps, and deltoids. These can be reduced if you want a less-bulky look, but it'll take some slider work.
  • Belleza Jake - Good all-round body, but has some fitting issues around the neck with many mesh heads, and if you're not using a Bento AO your fingers will often 'starfish' out, as the Jake body has no hand poses built in. Note that the Jake body is also still in beta, and has had no updates since its release.
  • Slink Physique - 'Mr Average' body with a swimmer's torso and good shoulders which is still pretty well catered for, but losing support in favour of the 'muscle boy' bodies.
  • Signature Geralt - The newest male body, rapidly gaining clothing support. Fairly slim and lean, but with sleek musculature.

If you're not bothered by having too many clothing options, you can try other bodies as well, such as NX Nardcotix, Adam, and Ex-Machina Davide. Avoid TMP (The Mesh Project). It may be cheap right now, but it's proprietary (all customisation options run on external servers, and when those are eventually switched off you'll be left with a brick) and practically nobody is creating anything for it anymore.

All the major bodies will work perfectly with the Justin head. For a good match, you'll need to find a body applier in the same skintone and by the same designer, for both your Catwa head and the brand of mesh body that you choose. Prior to 21st Feb 2017 Catwa's non-Bento head skin defaults (in the Main HUD) matched to body skins by L'Etre, but they now match to the Gen 1 skins by Clef de Peau. Those particular Clef skins can ONLY be purchased from the vendor at the Catwa store, since the main Clef skins have since been updated twice. Body skins from the Clef de Peau mainstore will not match the Justin default skins.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to keep the skin as it is, go to the L'Etre store and try some of their body skin demos. They have been changed a few times since that date, so they won't match 100%, but they should still be close.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to match it with the Clef de Peau Gen1 skins in the Catwa mainstore, go to one of the update terminals at the Catwa landing point, and redeliver your head. (Redeliver the original purchase and - when you open it - you'll find the update inside.)

If you don't want to use the defaults, go to the male Bento heads section of the Catwa store, stand right outside and look to one side for the Skin Demo wing. Inside you'll find loads of demos to try (male skins are in one wing, female in the other).

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 11/11/2018 at 10:18 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Though I already got a mesh body, I have to say this was really informative - I wish I had this knowledge when I was getting into it all a month or two ago! Thanks for the summary on bodies.

To provide my own input, I personally got Slink, but felt like Gianni might've been better. A lot more clothing options on there too. 

Edited by Rio Mizin

8 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

Cheap(er) and easy, though less popular, is Niramyth Aesthetic. 

Creeep. Eeeeeeeeeee.

I have seen *very few* Aesthetic avies that looked good and those were when the shape was toned way down for a more realistic shape. But the skin? Eeeww. OP: if you get an Aesthetic, get a new face or head. Seriously.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 4:18 PM, Skell Dagger said:

'Best' is entirely subjective, and your decision should be based on a combination of things, and your answers to a couple of questions:

1. What kind of build do you want your body to have? (Slim? Gym-goer? etc.)
  2. Do you want to build a decent wardrobe and have a lot of clothing options, or are you happy to get just three or four outfits and have done with it?

Your answer to No.1 will be a little bit dependant on your answer to No.2. If you want a lot of clothing options, you need a body that a lot of creators are rigging for. Right now, those options are:

• Signature Gianni - Muscular 'gym-goer' body with very pronounced biceps, triceps, and deltoids. These can be reduced if you want a less-bulky look, but it'll take some slider work.
  • Belleza Jake - Good all-round body, but has some fitting issues around the neck with many mesh heads, and if you're not using a Bento AO your fingers will often 'starfish' out, as the Jake body has no hand poses built in. Note that the Jake body is also still in beta, and has had no updates since its release.
  • Slink Physique - 'Mr Average' body with a swimmer's torso and good shoulders which is still pretty well catered for, but losing support in favour of the 'muscle boy' bodies.
  • Signature Geralt - The newest male body, rapidly gaining clothing support. Fairly slim and lean, but with sleek musculature.

If you're not bothered by having too many clothing options, you can try other bodies as well, such as NX Nardcotix, Adam, and Ex-Machina Davide. Avoid TMP (The Mesh Project). It may be cheap right now, but it's proprietary (all customisation options run on external servers, and when those are eventually switched off you'll be left with a brick) and practically nobody is creating anything for it anymore.

All the major bodies will work perfectly with the Justin head. For a good match, you'll need to find a body applier in the same skintone and by the same designer, for both your Catwa head and the brand of mesh body that you choose. Prior to 21st Feb 2017 Catwa's non-Bento head skin defaults (in the Main HUD) matched to body skins by L'Etre, but they now match to the Gen 1 skins by Clef de Peau. Those particular Clef skins can ONLY be purchased from the vendor at the Catwa store, since the main Clef skins have since been updated twice. Body skins from the Clef de Peau mainstore will not match the Justin default skins.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to keep the skin as it is, go to the L'Etre store and try some of their body skin demos. They have been changed a few times since that date, so they won't match 100%, but they should still be close.

If your head was bought before 21st February 2017 and you want to match it with the Clef de Peau Gen1 skins in the Catwa mainstore, go to one of the update terminals at the Catwa landing point, and redeliver your head. (Redeliver the original purchase and - when you open it - you'll find the update inside.)

If you don't want to use the defaults, go to the male Bento heads section of the Catwa store, stand right outside and look to one side for the Skin Demo wing. Inside you'll find loads of demos to try (male skins are in one wing, female in the other).

Hello, thank you for naming Exmachina Davide! I want just point out that we do have release anew alpha system, which is a sort of "community system" and let you all to wearn clothigns with old sizes and or for other brands, directly without any effort. It taketime for sure but will avoid the stress to "need" fitted mesh for the avatar. So there is a wide chocie of clothes, just designers don't know to have ready for us hehe

• 10 months later...

Sadly, there is no decent mesh male body. I totally wasted my money on both Adam and Signature Gianni. Although you can tweak both, you can't overcome their fundamental flaws. Adam's thighs, when viewed from the rear, are bowed in the most unappealing way and there's simply nothing you can do to rectify the problem. Signature Gianni is cross-eyed and looks loutish. He has a kind surly, snarling face which similarly can't be adjusted away. And avoid the ghastly Catwa male head at all costs. It has a weird kind of gormless look that is nothing short of a disgrace.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, JoshRyder said:

Sadly, there is no decent mesh male body. I totally wasted my money on both Adam and Signature Gianni. Although you can tweak both, you can't overcome their fundamental flaws. Adam's thighs, when viewed from the rear, are bowed in the most unappealing way and there's simply nothing you can do to rectify the problem. Signature Gianni is cross-eyed and looks loutish. He has a kind surly, snarling face which similarly can't be adjusted away. And avoid the ghastly Catwa male head at all costs. It has a weird kind of gormless look that is nothing short of a disgrace.

Since you've revised the thread, here is some updated information: There's nothing wrong with sticking to a classic avatar. Otherwise the top three in popularity and quality are Signature Gianni, Belleza Jake, and Eve's Adam. In that order. If none of those do it for you, then there is always Sansar that you can try.

Edited by Alyona Su

I have an Adam, I like him for most part. He's a good at price point, but lacking some when compared to top line bodies.  Outfit availability is getting better but has room to expand. I gotta work alpha cuts often, especially if dancing or animations. All about him, including skin matching seems to go OK as well. 

NOW tho I did happen to get Geralt on impulse buy... A glorious Sale just after release. I couldn't pass up. He's excellent for me, and still improving all along. I just LUV the Auto-alpha. Can flip thru complete outfits while on dancefloor!

• Like 1

I think heads came out earlier this year. I've not demo'd or checked out at all.

Have a Victor on my Geralt, broke bank on that purchase. 

On Adam body I just went with beta Adam head. It is ok... At L$850. Can't expect much at that price. Is all works well enough. 

Signature just released Alice other week,btw

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

I’m no expert on male bodies, sooo forgive my ignorance. I thought signature only made bodies, not heads too?

Signature had his own head from start of Gianni, or if not from start, since very early days of it. ( not just this year)

[edit] checked my purchase history, bought my head there in nov 2016.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

11 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Since you've revised the thread, here is some updated information: There's nothing wrong with sticking to a classic avatar. Otherwise the top three in popularity and quality are Signature Gianni, Belleza Jake, and Eve's Adam. In that order. If none of those do it for you, then there is always Sansar that you can try.

I never knew Eve's Adam is popular, but Male Legacy one that supported by creator.

11 hours ago, elixdude said:

I never knew Eve's Adam is popular, but Male Legacy one that supported by creator.

I didn;t say Eve's Adam is popular, I listed the most popular in order of popularity and there's a big gap between Belleza Jake and Eve's Adam. The Legacy is so new on the block I'd genuinely be surprised if there are more than a hundred sold by now.

Adam is first mesh I got into. Nearly several years ago now. Just checked MP and don't recall paying this current price back then. Couldnt find my purchase history, but am sure it was more in L$1500 area, without head (now near L$2500). Used him for long time with classic head, but not much recently. I felt body was a good mesh primer for me, didn't really expect to stay with him. May have to revisit with BoM, he is Omega, am sure.

Doing most of my body work on Geralt/Victor combo currently. 

Edited by TechDave

On 11/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, Ramses Meredith said:

Hello, thank you for naming Exmachina Davide! I want just point out that we do have release anew alpha system, which is a sort of "community system" and let you all to wearn clothigns with old sizes and or for other brands, directly without any effort. It taketime for sure but will avoid the stress to "need" fitted mesh for the avatar. So there is a wide chocie of clothes, just designers don't know to have ready for us hehe

One of my alts has Exmachina Davide and I really like it. One of the nicest lower-cost mesh body & head I've found.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.