Just bought my first mesh body.

TheVeryFirst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just left a poor review for a pair of leggings.

I have bought some Omega lingerie and have only seen the items on 3 layers (as would be expected), but the leggings are only on one layer, and the ad says nothing about only getting one third of a product, or what 1/3rd of the product your getting, as in “only on pants layer”, or something to that effect.

I only gave two stars but had I received the full product I would have given at least a 4 and most likely a 5 star.

I’m calling it dishonest advertising because you get a “pig-in-a-poke”.
End rant.

I assume you are talking about appliers on an omega hud for a mesh body.  Depends on the body the appliers are made for,  some body appliers go directly to only one layer,  and some give you a menu with a choice of which layer you want to apply it to.  It all depends on how the the body maker, configured the kits they give out to the folks making the appliers..  The creator of the leggings may not have had a choice of putting them on 3 layers,  she/he may have been restricted to using just the one the body maker allows.  At any rate you might have considered sending a polite note card to the creator of the appliers, to ask why you can only apply to one layer before you went and gave a bad review.  Perhaps it was an error that she/he needs to know about to correct, or perhaps as I say he/she did not have a choice in the matter of layers options.  

Tazzie, I appreciate the reply, but like I said, appliers I have gotten so far (Omega) are on three layers so I know the capability is there, and I know the body has the capability.  And as for a note card, well when you seldom get a response after taking the time to do that, it gets rather old, but sometimes I do reach out.
And yes, sometimes a creator will go completely out of their way to help you and I am sure to thank them for that.
The lack of information on items on the MP is so disheartening, and appliers are some of the worst from what I have come across.

11 hours ago, TheVeryFirst said:

I’m calling it dishonest advertising

Regardless of whether other Omega appliers you've purchased were available on all 3 layers, the fact that the leggings applier was only for 1 layer is not dishonest unless the MP description says that it can be put on any of the 3 layers.  I could not tell from what you posted whether the item description stated the leggings could be on any of the three layers or not. 

In addition to the explanation Tazzie gave, it might also be the applier creator's prerogative as well.  I have some appliers that do only apply to 1 particular layer without an option to apply on others.  I do not consider that only getting one-third of the product.   

Every mesh body I did a demo of has three (3) layers.  Most of the major mesh bodies have three (3) layers.  All the major bodies are Omega compatible.  Omega supports three (3) layers.

Would it be so time consuming to type “applies to pants layer only”, oh wait that did take a long time to type, frell, forget that!

And had I seen that I would not have purchased the item, oh now I understand!  Not fraudulent, just deceptive enough to make a sale.  And it may not have been purposely deceptive, but that does not get my lindens back.
I know this is not going to change anything, so like I said at the end of my first post, end of rant.
Omega uses three layers, if your product does not, then say so.  Okay now, end rant.

@TheVeryFirst You probably want to use the Omega Generic Router HUD which is either in the Omega box you bought from Omega Solutions or available from their store for free.  This allows you to re-route any texture to any layer on a mesh body that supports three layers and unless there is something wrong with the mesh body support of its layers should work too.  I have successfully re-routed textures on my mesh body and my mesh head frequently.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
Added correct description.

One thing to keep in mind is that appliers have evolved over time. It's possible that you've purchased an applier that was made years ago and will consequently not work the same as the newer versions.

Reaching out to the creator should ALWAYS be the first step in getting customer satisfaction. If you don't hear back from the creator then by all means write that review and include the fact that you didn't have any success when you reached out to the creator.

I found and have now used the Omega Advanced Applier Converter, items that were on only one layer are now on all three layers. Works great. On the MP its called:

Omega Add-Ons – Applier Fixer/Converters

@Gabriele GravesBut I can’t find the Omega Generic Router HUD, thinking the name may be off a little I went through the Omega store on the MP and can’t find anything that sounds close to that. Could it have been replaced by the other converter? Or, could be they split it up into two converts because there is this one:

Generic Router for Omega Heads v2.1

And I have an Omega head so I will be getting that one too, its also free and could come in handy.

If you happen to see it drop a link here, I’ll check back from time to time.

Thank you for your time.

the latest incarnation of omega appliers is the Omega Evolved. It's the successor to Omega Advanced and there are quite a few differences. 

Omega Advanced is by default a 3 layer Applier button (Clothing, Undies,Tat), and should be labelled as such for all 3 layers. Not all creators include the names of all layers, some decide to omit the ones they dont want to be shown, but the touch area to apply to a different layer than shown is still there on the hud, it just takes some deduction work to figure out where that is.

Omega Evolved is different. it doesnt have the same 3 layer button face. each button can apply to as many layers as the creators decides. For example it could apply knickers, bra and pants all at once in one touch, applying to both clothing and undies layer at the same time. If the creator decides they think pants are only gonna be worn on clothing layer then they do not have to add in options for the other 2 layers if they choose not to. 

Basically you gotta keep an eye on what type of omega applier it is, Advanced or Evolved, and keep in mind that the Evolved may not be as flexible as you are expecting.

• Like 1

I for one will be very happy when bakes on mesh actually gets here.  It will be so nice to be able to leave appliers behind.  And when that happens, creators will have the choice (like with the original classic layers and avatars) to make a layer item for one or all three layers.  But then of course there will always be the person who whines about not being able to put their pants on the tattoo layer... lol

LOL, and I will be one of those people that whines, sometimes you need your pants applier on a lower level so your big sweater fits better over them better.

And if everything fit perfectly then it would not be that big of a thing, but that just is not the case.

But my biggest problem is “knowing” “exactly” “what” “I” “am” “buying”!  Spending hard to come by lindens only to find its not what you expected, then its a problem to me.  Tell me, only on X layer, and I don’t care, I’ll buy form someone else, that would be easy.

I don’t know anything about Bakes on Mesh, but Omega is so big I will bet it will still be around, its easy to use and works well.  BoM will need to by pure magic, almost free, and have all the materials effects Omega can do to push Omega off the grid.  I just don’t know enough about it to know any of that.  Can you modify shine and materials on each item with BoM, I don’t know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.