Mesh stretches left or right in SL?

TheMadAlice03

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue with some mesh I'm trying to upload to SL.

Everything looks fine in blender, I tried cleaning up the weights over and over, and I still have no clue what's happening. One side of my mesh gets "stretched". Sometimes it's the right side, sometimes the left, so it's not an issue of weights from what I can tell.

I'm including some screenshots:

https://gyazo.com/8ad3fedbcd1f9cae4d4457a0adad802b

https://gyazo.com/8cc9bab47bc674fd807a753c70ecb6ce

how it looks in blender: https://gyazo.com/8548420b8a48e07e3049334489aa1693

and now it moved to the other side: https://gyazo.com/9b875451bec152d376aa7025b711b38d

I have no idea why the mesh is acting this way, and it's not the only one. I have issues with all the mesh I'm uploading.

Does anyone have any idea? Thank you very much!

Mesh is only one sided in SL, you have to put another face duplicated with flipped normals there, or use solidify modifier, or make the dress tighter in that area.

The other issue im not sure, seems like your normals are breaking up somehow.  If you're having issues with many of them then you know its your workflow that is off, there's some step you're missing, or doing incorrectly.

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

16 hours ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

Mesh is only one sided in SL, you have to put another face duplicated with flipped normals there, or use solidify modifier, or make the dress tighter in that area.

The other issue im not sure, seems like your normals are breaking up somehow.  If you're having issues with many of them then you know its your workflow that is off, there's some step you're missing, or doing incorrectly.

I didn't add an "inside" because that was my 6th or 7th test for that particular mesh. I was focusing overall to see what's wrong.

I tried making it tighter, bring it in, sculpt it, but nothing changes in the mesh when I upload it. It looks ok in blender, but once I upload it to SL there's no difference. It's like I didn't do any changes.

It didn't happen until 2 meshes ago. Everything worked fine, I never had this issue. But the last two meshes come out like this. I didn't change anything in my workflow.

• Sad 1

yeah that can be frustrating I know, im sorry it seemed like one of the troubles you were expressing was that one image where there was a gap between the body.

Are you using the right export settings from Blender?  There are two choices there, and it depends on your model which SL export choice to use.  Also to apply rotation and scale before export too is important.

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne

37 minutes ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

yeah that can be frustrating I know, im sorry it seemed like one of the troubles you were expressing was that one image where there was a gap between the body.

Are you using the right export settings from Blender?  There are two choices there, and it depends on your model which SL export choice to use.  Also to apply rotation and scale before export too is important.

If I add the inside it actually looks worse :(

I will have to check the export thing, but I haven't changed anything there either. One thing I noticed, and I'm attaching a screenshot, is that my avatar looks "off" when I upload the mesh. Like it's not straight? I'm exploring all possibilities at this point. I tried to reset the bones and everything.

And it's off exactly where the mesh is acting weird.

Would this be the issue?

sshot.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheMadAlice03 said:

If I add the inside it actually looks worse :(

I will have to check the export thing, but I haven't changed anything there either. One thing I noticed, and I'm attaching a screenshot, is that my avatar looks "off" when I upload the mesh. Like it's not straight? I'm exploring all possibilities at this point. I tried to reset the bones and everything.

And it's off exactly where the mesh is acting weird.

Would this be the issue?

sshot.jpg

In the collada export in blender, you have to choose an Operator Preset, Every time you export, and you must choose the correct one, for this you're working on means you need to use the first one SL+OpenSIM Rigged.  That could be the problem, hopefully because thats an easy fix! :)

2 hours ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

In the collada export in blender, you have to choose an Operator Preset, Every time you export, and you must choose the correct one, for this you're working on means you need to use the first one SL+OpenSIM Rigged.  That could be the problem, hopefully because thats an easy fix! :)

I just tried that. And the stretched part just changed sides again. It was on left, now it's on the right. ?‍♀️

LOL.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Macrocosm Draegonne said:

damn, thats so strange, ive not imported avatars yet, I only just got Avastar a few days ago, have you tried Avastar?  It has a LOT of features to ease this very situation built in, and its really cheap addon too for what it does.

I have Avastar too. Tried with it as well.

Same thing.

I'm literally swamped. I have no idea what is going on ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.